Preseason outlook

DisabledAccount

15 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Like the only team even close to them talent in their District last few years been raines, the rest of the district were no where close to Bolles, i see 2 teams better than them and then you throw in a team like Bishop Kenny who no pushover you got a far tougher road then normal and no Corky Rogers will cause a adjustment period that i feel holds Bolles back in 2017

True, but Westside is not a very good team. Bishop Kenny is only a 500 team. Ponte Vedra lost a bunch. Their QB, most RB's, most WR's. Yes, Corky will be missed. However, I think he built up a dynasty including a compliment of excellent assistant coaches. Bolles may just not miss a beat. Bolles will have competition from TCA and Lee. Of course moving up to 5A will be a challenge. However, Bolles has a huge roster that I think will allow them to go stride by stride with the bigger teams.

49 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

True, but Westside is not a very good team. Bishop Kenny is only a 500 team. Ponte Vedra lost a bunch. Their QB, most RB's, most WR's. Yes, Corky will be missed. However, I think he built up a dynasty including a compliment of excellent assistant coaches. Bolles may just not miss a beat. Bolles will have competition from TCA and Lee. Of course moving up to 5A will be a challenge. However, Bolles has a huge roster that I think will allow them to go stride by stride with the bigger teams.

Bishop Kenny correct me if I'm wrong beat St Augustine in spring and was in playoffs very recently 

Everyone sleeping on ponte vedra, they seem to have built something there and they not about to just kindly hand tca and Bolles the district without putting up a fight lol

There a huge target on Bolles and tca

You know every 5a team gunning for them because they don't plan to let either team walk over them like they been doing in 3a and 4a last few years 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Bishop Kenny correct me if I'm wrong beat St Augustine in spring and was in playoffs very recently 

Everyone sleeping on ponte vedra, they seem to have built something there and they not about to just kindly hand tca and Bolles the district without putting up a fight lol

You know every 5a team gunning for them because they don't plan to let either team walk over them like they been doing in 3a and 4a last few years 

Do punta verda has a qb to replace the kid from last year? Cause if they don't , they ain't going nowhere 

3 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Do punta verda has a qb to replace the kid from last year? Cause if they don't , they ain't going nowhere 

I'm sure they do, question is how good

But then again we will see in about a month Where teams stand since we about month away from games

Columbia

Have you been out to the team's practices yet? I usually wait until they go into pads in a few days. Gives you a better idea of what they really look like. I think that the Celtics are going to truly surprise a lot of people including Jessica. Have been in contact with Coach Sturdivant and this season will be nothing like the previous two. Can't give up the reasons, but they are numerous. We go against powerhouse 7A Bucholtz in the KO Classic which will kind of give us an idea where we are, although a classic is not a season game.  Will also give you guys an idea as you play Bucholtz  September 9th.  Your Classic against Raines should definitely give you a clue if Columbia can compete with the tough guys although they are in 4A.

2 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Columbia

Have you been out to the team's practices yet? I usually wait until they go into pads in a few days. Gives you a better idea of what they really look like. I think that the Celtics are going to truly surprise a lot of people including Jessica. Have been in contact with Coach Sturdivant and this season will be nothing like the previous two. Can't give up the reasons, but they are numerous. We go against powerhouse 7A Bucholtz in the KO Classic which will kind of give us an idea where we are, although a classic is not a season game.  Will also give you guys an idea as you play Bucholtz  September 9th.  Your Classic against Raines should definitely give you a clue if Columbia can compete with the tough guys although they are in 4A.

I saw a few practices in the spring but haven't seen them since the spring game and probably won't see them until Raines game so I'm hoping they show the potential that is on the roster

I decided to bump the preseason top 100 up to next Monday but in mean time I'm gonna release a few regional rankings 

North Central top 10

1 Vanguard 

2 Columbia 

3 Madison 

4 Buchholz 

5 Trinity Catholic 

6 Baker County 

7 Gainesville 

8 Trenton 

9 Hamilton County 

10 Suwannee 

Panhandle/Big Bend Top 15

1 Niceville 

2 West Florida 

3 Rickards 

4 Gulf Breeze 

5 Escambia 

6 Chiles

7 Tate 

8 Lincoln

9 Crestview 

10 Pace

11 Wakulla 

12 North Florida Christian 

13 Godby

14 Navarre 

15 Port St Joe 

Duval/St Johns Top 10

1 Jax Trinity Christian 

2 Ponte Vedra 

3 Robert E Lee 

4 Bartram Trail 

5 Raines 

6 Sandalwood 

7 St Augustine 

8 Bolles

9 Clay

10 Ribault 

Palm Beach Top 10

1 Atlantic Delray 

2 Oxbridge Academy 

3 Palm Beach Gardens 

4 Park Vista 

5 Glades Central 

6 AHD

7 Dwyer 

8 Pahokee 

9 Boyton Beach 

10 Palm Beach Lakes

Broward County Top 10

1 STA 
2 AHP 
3 Chaminade Madonna 
4 Cardinal Gibbons 
5 Miramar 
6 Deerfield Beach 
7 Dillard 
8 Western
9 Ely

10 University School 

Miami Dade Top 10

1 Miami Northwestern 
2 Miami Central 
3 Miami Carol City 
4 Miami Southridge 
5 Miami Booker T Washington 
6 Miami Senior 
7 Miami Norland 
8 Columbus 
9 Coral Gables 
10 Champagnat 

Central Florida top 25

1 Cocoa 

2 Lake Gibson 

3 Apopka 

4 Mainland 

5 Dr Phillips 

6 Lakeland 

7 Armwood 

8 Vero Beach 

9 Plant

10 Osceola 

11 Orange City University 

12 Venice 

13 Viera 

14 MCC

15 Braden River

16 Jones

17 CCC

18 Sanford Seminole 

19 Tampa Catholic 

20 Bishop Moore 

21 Manatee 

22 Lake Brantley 

23 Tampa Bay Tech 

24 Jesuit

25 Tampa Jefferson 

26 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I decided to bump the preseason top 100 up to next Monday but in mean time I'm gonna release a few regional rankings 

North Central top 10

1 Vanguard 

2 Columbia 

3 Madison 

4 Buchholz 

5 Trinity Catholic 

6 Baker County 

7 Gainesville 

8 Trenton 

9 Hamilton County 

10 Suwannee 

Panhandle/Big Bend Top 15

1 Niceville 

2 West Florida 

3 Rickards 

4 Gulf Breeze 

5 Escambia 

6 Chiles

7 Tate 

8 Lincoln

9 Crestview 

10 Pace

11 Wakulla 

12 North Florida Christian 

13 Godby

14 Navarre 

15 Port St Joe 

Duval/St Johns Top 10

1 Jax Trinity Christian 

2 Ponte Vedra 

3 Robert E Lee 

4 Bartram Trail 

5 Raines 

6 Sandalwood 

7 St Augustine 

8 Bolles

9 Clay

10 Ribault 

Palm Beach Top 10

1 Atlantic Delray 

2 Oxbridge Academy 

3 Palm Beach Gardens 

4 Park Vista 

5 Glades Central 

6 AHD

7 Dwyer 

8 Pahokee 

9 Boyton Beach 

10 Palm Beach Lakes

Broward County Top 10

1 STA 
2 AHP 
3 Chaminade Madonna 
4 Cardinal Gibbons 
5 Miramar 
6 Deerfield Beach 
7 Dillard 
8 Western
9 Mater Academy 
10 Ely

Miami Dade Top 10

1 Miami Northwestern 
2 Miami Central 
3 Miami Carol City 
4 Miami Southridge 
5 Miami Booker T Washington 
6 Miami Senior 
7 Miami Norland 
8 Columbus 
9 Coral Gables 
10 Champagnat 

Central Florida top 25

1 Cocoa 

2 Lake Gibson 

3 Apopka 

4 Mainland 

5 Dr Phillips 

6 Lakeland 

7 Armwood 

8 Vero Beach 

9 Plant

10 Osceola 

11 Orange City University 

12 Venice 

13 Viera 

14 MCC

15 Braden River

16 Jones

17 CCC

18 Sanford Seminole 

19 Tampa Catholic 

20 Bishop Moore 

21 Manatee 

22 Lake Brantley 

23 Tampa Bay Tech 

24 Jesuit

25 Tampa Jefferson 

I think Pahokee would be over AHD

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Broward County Top 10

1 STA 
2 AHP 
3 Chaminade Madonna 
4 Cardinal Gibbons 
5 Miramar 
6 Deerfield Beach 
7 Dillard 
8 Western
9 Mater Academy 
10 Ely

Decent list Columbia but Mater Academy is actually in Dade.  If you are looking for a 7A Broward team to slide in there that may fit well consider South Broward.

On 7/19/2017 at 4:27 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

At the same time though.....It is not like anyone in 5A north played a harder schedule or anything even close to TCA's last year.

Do you 

I got no problems with TCA's scheduling.  They played a very solid non-conference including the 2A, 4A State Champions and IMG.  Outside of AHP, Jackson and Hallandale tell me a  5A team that played a harder schedule?  Particularly 5A North.

Do you think Ponte Vedra's path to states combining the regular season and playoffs was any more "earned" then TCA's?

Does TCA have a "huge target" on them from the menacing 5A North or is 5A North as a whole actually the one in for a shock with TCA joining?

My point is if you switch schedules with 2016 TCA and Ponte Vedra I think TCA ends up right back at states - with relative ease and a little less sore and beat up from the regular season....

1 hour ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Decent list Columbia but Mater Academy is actually in Dade.  If you are looking for a 7A Broward team to slide in there that may fit well consider South Broward.

Dang i thought i had them all right, i even looked up schools i wasn't sure about to see which county they were in lol

38 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

At the same time though.....It is not like anyone in 5A north played a harder schedule or anything even close to TCA's last year.

Do you 

I got no problems with TCA's scheduling.  They played a very solid non-conference including the 2A, 4A State Champions and IMG.  Outside of AHP, Jackson and Hallandale tell me a  5A team that played a harder schedule?  Particularly 5A North.

Do you think Ponte Vedra's path to states combining the regular season and playoffs was any more "earned" then TCA's?

Does TCA have a "huge target" on them from the menacing 5A North or is 5A North as a whole actually the one in for a shock with TCA joining?

My point is if you switch schedules with 2016 TCA and Ponte Vedra I think TCA ends up right back at states - with relative ease and a little less sore and beat up from the regular season....

When i talked about weak road i was talking more bolles then tca but 3a north been one of weakest regions past few years but yes tca did make up for it by playing top notch competition in regular season and probably could have won 5a north 

But they wouldn't average a running clock through the playoffs like they been doing in 3a north regional playoffs lol

However i do feel 2016 ponte vedra would have been talented enough to beat 2016 tca, would have been close though,  probably similar score to the state finals

Also keep in mind even though tca talented (despite probably being slightly  down from last year) they are coming into new area with new oppenents so they still could have a potential learning curve from facing unfamiliar opponents, or they may handle it with ease,  you never know but it does leave us with a uncertainity and I'm not the type of person to instantly dismiss the 5a North as sacrifical lambs to tca or to Bolles 

12 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

When i talked about weak road i was talking more bolles then tca but 3a north been one of weakest regions past few years but yes tca did make up for it by playing top notch competition in regular season and probably could have won 5a north 

But they wouldn't average a running clock through the playoffs like they been doing in 3a north regional playoffs lol

However i do feel 2016 ponte vedra would have been talented enough to beat 2016 tca, would have been close though,  probably similar score to the state finals

Also keep in mind even though tca talented (despite probably being slightly  down from last year) they are coming into new area with new oppenents so they still could have a potential learning curve from facing unfamiliar opponents, or they may handle it with ease,  you never know but it does leave us with a uncertainity and I'm not the type of person to instantly dismiss the 5a North as sacrifical lambs to tca or to Bolles 

Agree.  Not dismissing anyone.  I actually think that is going to be a interesting District race...I  just think TCA is used to playing opponents every year on the level of a Ponte Vedra or anyone in 5A North.

There is nothing wrong with a Bartram Trail type team  being your biggest game every year but TCA traditionally plays 3-5 teams a year on that level or better...

9 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Agree.  Not dismissing anyone.  I actually think that is going to be a interesting District race...I  just think TCA is used to playing opponents every year on the level of a Ponte Vedra or anyone in 5A North.

There is nothing wrong with a Bartram Trail type team  being your biggest game every year but TCA traditionally plays 3-5 teams a year on that level or better...

To be fair ponte vedra better than bartram trail but i got the point 

But honestly ponte vedra did go undefeated up until state and then put up one heck of a fight with AHP so i think ponte vedra could have handled a tougher schedule but idk if this year ponte vedra gonna be strong enough to beat tca but it will be a interesting District 

On 7/24/2017 at 3:15 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Broward County Top 10

1 STA 
2 AHP 
3 Chaminade Madonna 
4 Cardinal Gibbons 
5 Miramar 
6 Deerfield Beach 
7 Dillard 
8 Western
9 Ely

10 University School 

DFB is too low IMO.  I'd have them at 3/4. 

Palm Beach Top 10

1 Atlantic Delray 

2 Oxbridge Academy 

3 Palm Beach Gardens 

4 Park Vista 

5 Glades Central 

6 AHD

7 Dwyer 

8 Pahokee 

9 Boyton Beach 

10 Palm Beach Lakes

Atlantic gets a few transfers and the hype takes off. Can't wait until this season is settled on the field. 

17 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

Palm Beach Top 10

1 Atlantic Delray 

2 Oxbridge Academy 

3 Palm Beach Gardens 

4 Park Vista 

5 Glades Central 

6 AHD

7 Dwyer 

8 Pahokee 

9 Boyton Beach 

10 Palm Beach Lakes

Atlantic gets a few transfers and the hype takes off. Can't wait until this season is settled on the field. 

Is this your list right now?

Who are you referring to when Atlantic plays them for what will be settled on the field?  Glades Central or Pahokee?