TOP 6 WEEK 1 MATCHUPS & EARLY PREDiCTiONS

Okay so we're a little over a month away from The regular season starting so I would like to look at some of the top 10  matchups in Florida & also make some early predictions of how we think they would go. Now does that mean our predictions will be right ??? No!! But its fun to see others opinion & also see how close we can come to being right ...when the games do kick off.

So to start off I'm going to go with 

DEERFIELD BEACH BUCKS @ CAROL CITY CHIEFS 

I mean need I say more two talented teams going at it both teams would like to start off the season with a bang in route to a state title chase in their respective classes in Carol city cAse defend their title being that they won it all last year in a nail biter vs the lake Gibson braves 

PREDICTION CAROL CITY 27 DEERFIELD 17 

#2 ST JOHN BOSCO @ ST THOMAS 

2 nationally ranked teams going at it in my opinion this game could go either way being this game is at home I have to go with the Raiders st Thomas rarely & I do mean rarely lose at home. Will it happen this time we will see. 

PREDICTION ST THOMAS 31 ST JOHN BOSCO 24

#3 CHAMINADE MADONNA @ MIAMI CENTRAL ....i mean sheesssshhh!!!!!! Is it August 25th yet.!!! Both teams are loaded on the roster & their schedule is loaded not only do each team want to start off 1-0 but also have bragging rights the city will be out for this one PREDICTION

I mean man this game can go either way I don't know lol I saaaayyyyy Miami central 21 Chaminade 17 

#4 BOOKER T WASHiNGTON TORNADOS @ DILLARD HIGH PANTHERS.!!!! 

I mean will there be any PANTHER fan at home on this night talk about standing room only the whole broward county is gonna be at Otis memorial stadium for this one. To the majority this won't even be a game it should be a running clock by halftime right??? Tsktsk not so fast I believe this game will be alot closer then what people expect booker t winning this game would be doing what most are expecting them to do but Dillard winning this game will turn the heads of everyone in broward!! And Dade...all I know is I'm HYPED AS HELL.!!! & the city of ft lauderdale is to let's gooooo.!!! 

PREDICTION I'm going for the upset & a interception at the end to deal it DILLARD 24 BOOKER T 17 

#5 AMERICAN HERITAGE PLANTATION @ BISHOP SULIVIAN this game right here ill most definitely be keeping track off this is the same bishop sulivian team that held nationally ranked img to their lowest point total last year & I here sulivian is even better this year.

Even tho I expect AGO to be right in the thick of things regarding the 5a title but I expect sulivian to get them at home PREDICTION sulivian 31 AHP 20

CARDINAL GIBBONS @ SOUTH RIDGE This right here is another big 1 the chiefs travel to face the defending champions in opening night their crowd is gonna be in full effect this right here is another game that can go either way GIBBONS COME in as 1 of the top teams in broward talent wise & look to start their season off 1-0 PREDICTION I say southridge hold serve at home on in opening night by a score of 24-21 as they look to defend their title.

II'm sure that their are alot of other interesting great MATCHUPS week 1 but when I think of my 6 I can't wait to see these will be it.

I'll say for starters if Chaminade wins over central you can lock them as 3a champs lol 

I can see Dillard winning because BTW hasn't been as strong in trenches this year as past years 

Carol City and deerfield seems interesting, but probably better if it was 2015, Carol City wins that one 

STA and Sullivan win in those seem reasonable 

I might surprise people but I'm gonna go cardinal gibbons in a upset on the road by 3

11 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'll say for starters if Chaminade wins over central you can lock them as 3a champs lol 

I can see Dillard winning because BTW hasn't been as strong in trenches this year as past years 

Carol City and deerfield seems interesting, but probably better if it was 2015, Carol City wins that one 

STA and Sullivan win in those seem reasonable 

I might surprise people but I'm gonna go cardinal gibbons in a upset on the road by 3

When is BTW ever strong in the trenches?

Saw BTW this spring versus Ely and Norland.  OL was clearly the biggest concern (dropoff) IMO.  Both Ely and Norland were getting good pressure. This may be exposed a bit during the season against certain teams (Dillard possibly being one of them.) Richardson is an experienced QB who know's how to get rid of the ball though and will gash most teams with screens and slants.  I only see a few 4A teams out there being able to counter this BTW offense though.

Defensively, BTW looked a little small up front but their LBs were blitzing timely and sniffing out the gaps well.  DBs looked cat quick.

BTW is going to feel a big hit offensively in the middle (based on what I saw this spring), but still are stacked with athletes and will find their way... Defensively they looked pretty sharp versus Norland and Ely. 

3 hours ago, DB4 said:

Last year BTW was huge along the o line, I think 3-4 division 1 signees. I thought they should have run the ball more with the RB they had. I hope the line is solid this year bc the skill weapons are legit.

BTW has always had a decently sized Oline, but size on the DL is rare.  Last year they had more size on that D than normal IMO.  

I may be in the minority on this one but I think St John Bosco beats STA by a touchdown or more. I know it's a road game for them but they return their starting QB who I'm sure is used to playing in big games by now. I don't mean it as a slight to STA, but I see this more as St John Bosco being just that dominating.

5 minutes ago, DB4 said:

I may be in the minority on this one but I think St John Bosco beats STA by a touchdown or more. I know it's a road game for them but they return their starting QB who I'm sure is used to playing in big games by now. I don't mean it as a slight to STA, but I see this more as St John Bosco being just that dominating.

It's going to be a tough game that's for sure.  I look at it a lot like the BG game last year.  50/50 in my book.  

7 minutes ago, DB4 said:

Sta usually loses 1 a year and i rather that be in 7a state finals or playoffs as it would give credibility to 7a and the state of Florida then to lose another out of state game

16 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

I hope they lose to bosco lol

Then Cali things they better and i have to read this bullcrap about 7a Florida being weak just bc sta stronger than any other team in it

If they gonna lose it needs to be to another 7a Florida team so 7a gains some credibility 

2 hours ago, DB4 said:

The thing is I'm not worried about STA defense which basically their whole secondary is back and lb's n their dline is always on point ... If their qb can be better than Jake Allen they will be ok.. I've seen St John Bosco qb and he is nice!!! Let's see if he can keep scrambling 

I've had a strong dislike for STA since high school. My last two seasons, they were in our district. I want someone in 7A to step up and beat them as well, I just don't know who. Maybe Plant?

23 minutes ago, DB4 said:

I've had a strong dislike for STA since high school. My last two seasons, they were in our district. I want someone in 7A to step up and beat them as well, I just don't know who. Maybe Plant?

Which school did you play at

58 minutes ago, DB4 said:

Plant has had multiple tries and if i recall has never succeeded 

Lakeland did in their best years but far from that Now so best odds is someone from South beating them 

I really want Lakeland to become elite again.   I always had a ton of respect for them and remember when they were a national quality team.   Maybe that Lake Gibson QB can get them to the finals next year.   They've been so damn close, and I honestly think they were better than the team that made the finals the last two years.   Plant pulled a miracle last year.