TOP 6 WEEK 1 MATCHUPS & EARLY PREDiCTiONS

I used to be a sports reporter in Texas. Let me tell you something, the atmosphere at most games there is unlike anything I've seen in Florida. Granted I've never been to games in the rural area of FL but in TX, big city or small, rural or urban area, the crowds are crazy.

50 minutes ago, DB4 said:

I used to be a sports reporter in Texas. Let me tell you something, the atmosphere at most games there is unlike anything I've seen in Florida. Granted I've never been to games in the rural area of FL but in TX, big city or small, rural or urban area, the crowds are crazy.

EXACTLY I'm sure bro I want to experience it to

The main problem we have in Florida is areas are growing so fast that people don't have time to build an allegiance to a neighborhood school before there is a new one built and they are going somewhere else.  I grew up in Brandon my sister went to Brandon High my sister was a senior at Brandon and I was a sophomore at Armwood by the time I was a senior,  sophomores in my neighborhood were assigned to Bloomingdale.  My son plays for Port St Joe and it is neat to see some of these kids playing for the same team their fathers, grandfathers, and some cases great grandfathers played for.

9 hours ago, Sharkbait said:

The main problem we have in Florida is areas are growing so fast that people don't have time to build an allegiance to a neighborhood school before there is a new one built and they are going somewhere else.  I grew up in Brandon my sister went to Brandon High my sister was a senior at Brandon and I was a sophomore at Armwood by the time I was a senior,  sophomores in my neighborhood were assigned to Bloomingdale.  My son plays for Port St Joe and it is neat to see some of these kids playing for the same team their fathers, grandfathers, and some cases great grandfathers played for.

Guess we lucky to be such a large school and still have multiple generations play at Columbia lol

20 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Guess we lucky to be such a large school and still have multiple generations play at Columbia lol

It's basically the same way in Brevard.  The newest school built was Heritage. Viera was built my sophomore year around 2005/2006 and Bayside was built around 99. Heritage and Bayside are right around the block from each other. Viera is a few miles from Rockledge, Holy Trinity and Eau Gallie

27 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Columbia is a basically a large rural school.  It would be nice to have a classification just for those schools. Maybe do a small school rural combining some 1A -4A and a large school rural combining 5A-up rural based on county population.  

15 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

Columbia is a basically a large rural school.  It would be nice to have a classification just for those schools. Maybe do a small school rural combining some 1A -4A and a large school rural combining 5A-up rural based on county population.  

I would be for that,  only question is would you have enough teams to fill a class but i think that would increase our odds of breaking our championship drought lol so I'm in favor of it 

25 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I would be for that,  only question is would you have enough teams to fill a class but i think that would increase our odds of breaking our championship drought lol so I'm in favor of it 

The small school classification would work. Not sure about the large school classification as there may not be enough schools to justify it.

For the large to work, you may need to include a few small to medium size towns in the mix such as Fort Pierce and Vero Beach, etc. 

55 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

The small school classification would work. Not sure about the large school classification as there may not be enough schools to justify it.

For the large to work, you may need to include a few small to medium size towns in the mix such as Fort Pierce and Vero Beach, etc. 

Exactly 

On 7/10/2017 at 10:55 AM, Zoe Boy said:

It's the new generation cause when I was playing early 2000's and prior that every band and games was in swoll....

You damn right Zoe

Plant and Lakeland have the atmosphere that you are talking about.  But I can not think of many Florida programs that are like that unless its a big rivalry game.  Two best atmospheres I have experienced were Plant vs Robinson in 2012, and Lakeland vs Kathleen EVERY year.

On 7/6/2017 at 3:37 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Then Cali things they better and i have to read this bullcrap about 7a Florida being weak just bc sta stronger than any other team in it

If they gonna lose it needs to be to another 7a Florida team so 7a gains some credibility 

Have to agree here with ColumbiaHighFan. If STA loses this year, lets pray it's to a Florida team.

On 7/11/2017 at 8:53 AM, KeemD321 said:

It's basically the same way in Brevard.  The newest school built was Heritage. Viera was built my sophomore year around 2005/2006 and Bayside was built around 99. Heritage and Bayside are right around the block from each other. Viera is a few miles from Rockledge, Holy Trinity and Eau Gallie

Viera has a good student fan base and seems to fill the stands. They are growing as a program. If they just had that once in a lifetime coach they could give STA game they would remember for a long time.

28 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Viera has a good student fan base and seems to fill the stands. They are growing as a program. If they just had that once in a lifetime coach they could give STA game they would remember for a long time.

Imagine if MCC and Viera swapped coaching staffs.  That would be crazy. MCC just got a new Offensive Coordinator who was on the STA coaching staff

4 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Shoot Dillard fill the stands but it's more then filling the stands u got to be rowdy and loud.

9 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Seems like the coaching staff they have now is pretty darn good. What that program has accomplished in a short amount of time is very respectful. I mean they did beat the "most winningest team in north florida history" (: