week 2 BCP sweet 16

Guest tampa1

Guest gwdrum75

I was impressed at how Lakeland controlled that game from start to finish. Opening up with an 8+ minute TD drive was a good way to set the tone. The future looks pretty bright for LHS and it may be much closer than most think.

I was impressed at how Lakeland controlled that game from start to finish. Opening up with an 8+ minute TD drive was a good way to set the tone. The future looks pretty bright for LHS and it may be much closer than most think.

Agreed...man I would love to match up with Lakeland in another title game! When was the last time we did...2008 I think right? Oh that was a fun fun night:D lol 

Guest gwdrum75

Agreed...man I would love to match up with Lakeland in another title game! When was the last time we did...2008 I think right? Oh that was a fun fun night:D lol 

Kickoff was fun......kinda went south after that...... :(

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

lol dont b bitter STA.! LOL! BUT SERIOUSLY THOSE WERE GAMES 2 LIVE FOR...I ALSO HEARD THE LAKELAND HOME GAMES WERE A PRETTY PRETTY TUFF PLACE TO PLAY AROUND THAT TIME IDK ABOUT NOW

Guest gwdrum75

lol dont b bitter STA.! LOL! BUT SERIOUSLY THOSE WERE GAMES 2 LIVE FOR...I ALSO HEARD THE LAKELAND HOME GAMES WERE A PRETTY PRETTY TUFF PLACE TO PLAY AROUND THAT TIME IDK ABOUT NOW

Well, if my calculations are correct, they are 71-2 at home since the beginning of the 2004 season (Reg & Post Season). 1 regular season loss (2007 - Kissimmee Osceola), 1 playoff Loss (2009 - Plant).

STA - Don't forget '96  ;)

Well, if my calculations are correct, they are 71-2 at home since the beginning of the 2004 season (Reg & Post Season). 1 regular season loss (2007 - Kissimmee Osceola), 1 playoff Loss (2009 - Plant).

STA - Don't forget '96  ;)

Oh 96 too....fun fun fun lol...97 we came back and got the W vs Rutherford in a tough game...13-10 was that game...96....not so fun not so tough of a game for the victors...40-6 i believe lol

Guest gwdrum75

Oh 96 too....fun fun fun lol...97 we came back and got the W vs Rutherford in a tough game...13-10 was that game...96....not so fun not so tough of a game for the victors...40-6 i believe lol

Still trying to track down tapes of the '86 &'96 title games...

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

71-2 DAAMMM!!! SO U GUYS HAVE BEEN IN THE PLAYOOFS EVERY SINGLE YEAR?? HOW HAVE U GUYS BEEN DOING??...SERIOUSLY...NOT HYPOTHETICALLY...AND WHEN I MEANTIONED ABOUT YOU GUYS HOME GAMES I WASNT NECCESRIALY TALKN ABOUT THE RECORD BUT THE ROWDINESS THE CRAZINESS JUST CLEAR ADVANTAGE FOR THE HOME TEAM

Talk to me about the Dunedin game in 86 (14-10).  Lakeland had an ineligible player (too old) the title would have been vacated under todays rules but it was basically Dunedin's choice (according to HC Ken Weir) and he declined because they did not win it on the field (plus he knew they'd be back only they lost again in states the next year).  Not to mention the infamous Phantom TD catch on the soccer lines (field painted for both TD was called on wrong line).  But that one is just hearsay the other is FACT.

Talk to me about the Dunedin game in 86 (14-10).  Lakeland had an ineligible player (too old) the title would have been vacated under todays rules but it was basically Dunedin's choice (according to HC Ken Weir) and he declined because they did not win it on the field (plus he knew they'd be back only they lost again in states the next year).  Not to mention the infamous Phantom TD catch on the soccer lines (field painted for both TD was called on wrong line).  But that one is just hearsay the other is FACT.

Yes I have heard about that....I actually tip my cap to Weir for not taking the title or making lakeland vacate the W....man had honor and wanted to win it the hard way wish more coaches were still like that today 

AYE STA IF THAT HAPPEND TODAY WITH TODAYS COACHES ESPECIALLY IN S.FLA THEY WOULDA TOOK THAT W IN A HEART BEAT LOL.!...SAD TO SAY

It is...I am old school (not in age just in mindset) if you lose you lose....no forfeit or vacating of wins can make you say...yea we won that game...no you lost it you didnt earn it...sadly that mindset doesnt exist anymore

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

AYE STA DO U REMEBR THAT DILLARD VS GLADES CENTRAL GAME IN 2010 WHERE IT WAS BEING HEAVILY TALKED ABOUT BECAUSE U HAD 2 HUUUGGEE PROSPECTS PLAYIG IN THE GAME KELVIN BENJAMIN FOR G.C WHO NOW PLAY FOR FSU AND WAYNE LYONS FOR DILLARD..WHO IS NOW WITH STANFORD....AND COMING INTO THE GAME GLADES CENTRAL WAS 6-0 ON A 34 STR8 REGULAR SEASON GAME WINNING STREAK AND THEY ALSO HAD BEAT 2 NATIONALLY RANKED TEXAS TEAMS EARLIER THAT YEAR AND THEY CAME INTO THE GAME AVG 56 POINTS A GAME AND ONLY GIVING UP 7 AND WE WERE 3 AND 4 AT THE TIME AND DILLARD WAS 35 POINT UNDERDOGS I BELIEVE AND DILLARD END UP BEATN DAT AZZ.!! AT 1 POINT IN THE GAME IT WAS 35-19 IN FAVOR OF US ..AND THEY EVEN FIRED THERE HEAD COACH WHO WAS DEVIN HESTER AT THAT TIME BECAUSE THEY LOST THAT 1 GAME.....U REMEBR??

AYE STA DO U REMEBR THAT DILLARD VS GLADES CENTRAL GAME IN 2010 WHERE IT WAS BEING HEAVILY TALKED ABOUT BECAUSE U HAD 2 HUUUGGEE PROSPECTS PLAYIG IN THE GAME KELVIN BENJAMIN FOR G.C WHO NOW PLAY FOR FSU AND WAYNE LYONS FOR DILLARD..WHO IS NOW WITH STANFORD....AND COMING INTO THE GAME GLADES CENTRAL WAS 6-0 ON A 34 STR8 REGULAR SEASON GAME WINNING STREAK AND THEY ALSO HAD BEAT 2 NATIONALLY RANKED TEXAS TEAMS EARLIER THAT YEAR AND THEY CAME INTO THE GAME AVG 56 POINTS A GAME AND ONLY GIVING UP 7 AND WE WERE 3 AND 4 AT THE TIME AND DILLARD WAS 35 POINT UNDERDOGS I BELIEVE AND DILLARD END UP BEATN DAT AZZ.!! AT 1 POINT IN THE GAME IT WAS 35-19 IN FAVOR OF US ..AND THEY EVEN FIRED THERE HEAD COACH WHO WAS DEVIN HESTER AT THAT TIME BECAUSE THEY LOST THAT 1 GAME.....U REMEBR??

I think I do....the firing over 1 game doesn't surprise me at all lol. On the favorite rivalries thread a I said a Jackson coach was fired for losing in the state semis to Miami Northwestern on the last play of the game. In FLA it is cut throat man you win or youre gone no middle ground lol. 

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

THE OVER ALL STORY WASNT BOUT DA FIRIING THOUGH THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS....THAT THE PANTHERS CAN NEVER BE COUNTED OUT....WE TO THE RAIDERS TO THE WOODSHED THAT NIGHT AND GUESS WHAT WE WERE RANKED NATIONALLY AND STATE WISE HOW WE WERE NOW....MATTER OF FACT WE WERE RANKED HIGHER ...AND GUESS WHAT WE WON AND THATS WHAT MAKES ME MAD WHEN THSE PPL ON HERE THAT HAVENT PLAYED A LICK OF FOOTBALL TALK ALL THIS NONSENSE LIKE THEY KNOW THE GAME