Top 20 Miami Dade County

Zoe Boy

18 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I'll say this unbiased and fairly confidently about 8A South having followed it closely.  

Columbus and Flanagan of both 2014 and very confidently 2015 were stronger than 2016 Southridge.  

If I ranked the last 3 years of 8A South it may look something like this:

Flanagan 2015

Columbus 2015

Columbus 2014

Flanagan 2014

Southridge 2016

Miramar 2014

Deerfield Beach 2015

Atlantic 2015

Monarch 2014

Plantation 2015

South Dade 2015

Honorable mentions:  2015 Coral Gables, 2016 Deerfield Beach, 2016 Flanagan, 2016 Coral Gables, 2016 Columbus, 2015 Miramar, 2015 Southridge, 2014 South Dade, 2014 Coral Gables, 2014 Killian

Why does killian seem to not be touching their old form anymore 

Wasn't it like 5-10 years ago that They were elite team? 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Why does killian seem to not be touching their old form anymore 

Wasn't it like 5-10 years ago that They were elite team? 

Well their 2014 team was their best team since they won States in 2004 with now Southridge HC Billy Rolle.  They have been a very inconsistent program, but if I am not mistaken there is a trend of late with Killian being a feeder program with their top players landing at Southridge.  I'm not saying that had anything to do with Killian HC Javi Valdez (hired in 2015 after 2 years as HC at Mater)  leaving Killian this summer for Somerset Academy though.

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Well their 2014 team was their best team since they won States in 2004 with now Southridge HC Billy Rolle.  They have been a very inconsistent program, but if I am not mistaken there is a trend of late with Killian being a feeder program with their top players landing at Southridge.  I'm not saying that had anything to do with Killian HC Javi Valdez (hired in 2015 after 2 years as HC at Mater)  leaving Killian this summer for Somerset Academy though.

Everything you said is true. Killian will always have talent, but lately with so many coaching changes, they can't keep their players. 

17 hours ago, DB4 said:

I disagree on CC being number one and having to be beat to be unseated as number one. I still Northwestern was better last season, but Carol City got hot in the playoffs and made one more play than the West in the playoff game. I'd have them at number one personally. I also think the coaching change will adversely affect CC.

I agree with what you all are saying about Southridge. The defense was phenomenal but the offense vastly underachieved given all the talent they had.

I think Norland is rated a little too high. Same with Edison. I dont think they will be good this season given all the things that have transpired since the end of last season.

I hear and feel what you are saying... One of the reasons I started them both 1 and 2 is cause their the defending champion.. I wouldn't hesitate to put Da West 1... From what I heard and seen about Norland cause I stay down the street from them n they got a actual qb coming in and that defense was good last year with a good transfer rb and wr I expect them to be good.. As far as Edison , if their coach didn't get fired I would of had them too 10 but half of their players left with that firing but kept half and got some other kids in... 

Norland still has a tough road to the playoffs. Outside of a tough district play, they have Mater, Southwest, American, Apopka and Piper. I think they lose to APK and the other 3 aren't guaranteed wins either.

Then in the district above them, you have whoever doesn't win the district among Archbishop, Dillard, Boynton Beach and Boyd Anderson

13 hours ago, DB4 said:

Norland still has a tough road to the playoffs. Outside of a tough district play, they have Mater, Southwest, American, Apopka and Piper. I think they lose to APK and the other 3 aren't guaranteed wins either.

Then in the district above them, you have whoever doesn't win the district among Archbishop, Dillard, Boynton Beach and Boyd Anderson

Norland is in the district with Apopka???

31 minutes ago, Floridatechfootball said:

Lol ooo he confused me a bit cuz he said Apopka American and them other teams

They play Apopka. And under the new rules, the game counts towards possibly making the playoffs via strength of schedule.

The point being made was that in addition to tough district games, their non-district were pretty tough, which means that Norland may have trouble getting a winning record. This may be the case. However, the plus is that they will get strength of schedule points for sure.

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

They play Apopka. And under the new rules, the game counts towards possibly making the playoffs via strength of schedule.

The point being made was that in addition to tough district games, their non-district were pretty tough, which means that Norland may have trouble getting a winning record. This may be the case. However, the plus is that they will get strength of schedule points for sure.

If they somehow get to at least. 500 with their schedule they could end up getting in

The 15th and 16th districts are decent but 13 and 14 has mainland and thats it

Hypothetically if only the district champ makes it from 13 and 14 and only 2 make it from 15 then 16 would get 4 playoff teams

Here a realistic possibility for region 4

1 seed Northwestern 

2 seed Mainland 

3 seed Dillard

4 seed Sebastian River 

5 seed Miami Central 

6 seed Boyton beach 

7 seed Miami Carol City 

8 seed Miami Norland

Seeds 1-4 are district champs

Seeds 5-8 are open so does this seem possible to anyone else 

In case anyone curious here first round matchups with that scenario 

1 seed Miami northwestern hosting 8 seed Miami Norland 

2 seed Mainland hosting 7 seed Miami Carol City 

3 seed Dillard hosting 6 seed Boyton Beach 

4 seed Sebastian River hosting 5 seed Miami Central 

15 hours ago, DB4 said:

From where?

Transfer was 2019 QB Deon Jones from 2016 McArthur then to Miramar this Spring (played versus Dillard) and just recently transferred to Norland.  Jones was second team all Broward 6A-8A at McArthur as a Soph.

Jones is athletic has two years of varsity under on his belt, and should adapt well to the  6A-16 gauntlet. 

Some are calling 6A-16 a 3 team race.  I think it is safe to say it is a 4 team race at this point.

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

In case anyone curious here first round matchups with that scenario 

1 seed Miami northwestern hosting 8 seed Miami Norland 

2 seed Mainland hosting 7 seed Miami Carol City 

3 seed Dillard hosting 6 seed Boyton Beach 

4 seed Sebastian River hosting 5 seed Miami Central 

Well, I see the rewarded teams are the 3, 5, and 6 seeds  in that scenario.

The #2 seed in 6A-16 seems to be the winning ticket and a better reward then the #1 seed.  Am I incorrect?

6 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Well, I see the rewarded teams are the 3, 5, and 6 seeds  in that scenario.

The #2 seed in 6A-16 seems to be the winning ticket and a better reward then the #1 seed.  Am I incorrect?

If you could guarantee yourself a 5 seed but honestly it makes more sense to just win your district so you guaranteed a spot in the dance then trying to manipulate where you finish for a slightly easier road 

But what is interesting is you get 2 district rematches in round 1 and a 3rd round rematch from last year in round 1

Very interesting brackets that can occur

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Oooo i did not know yall play Norland this year good for both yall man

25 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If you could guarantee yourself a 5 seed but honestly it makes more sense to just win your district so you guaranteed a spot in the dance then trying to manipulate where you finish for a slightly easier road 

But what is interesting is you get 2 district rematches in round 1 and a 3rd round rematch from last year in round 1

Very interesting brackets that can occur

Why?  So you could play hypothetically play  Norland versus Sebastian River?:huh:

1 minute ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Why?  So you could play hypothetically play  Norland versus Sebastian River?:huh:

Well hypothetically if you 5 seed then if seeds 6-8 lose then you have to travel to 1 seed in round 2

I think that ends the 5 seed advantage

While i agree Sebastian River a easier round 1 then Miami Norland, after first round the advantage of 5 seed is over lol

2 hours ago, Floridatechfootball said:

Oooo i did not know yall play Norland this year good for both yall man

Yeah. We play an unusual schedule. We have: Mainland, Norland, Mandarin and Lakeland on it. We either have never played or in the case of a couple have not played them in forever. Schedule was at least partially driven by the new playoff rules.