FSU vs Bama

DisabledAccount

1 hour ago, Cjm04 said:

Losing a backup receiver likely to get little playing time won't affect FSU.  People act like Bama beat Clemson or something.  They will lose.  Cam Akers has looked all the part of a more than capable replacement for Cook.

Ok will see.. Tough to follow a once in a generation player like Cook..

40 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

I'm not ignorant Cocoa. I seen it last year.. You honestly gonna tell me that defense was good last year? Your going off potential..

Yes I am. Even without the best player in the country, Derwin James, they had the 22nd best overall defense. 

Yes you are being completely ignorant if you are saying this defense with Derwin James is not top 5 in the nation.

9 hours ago, Cocoa2010 said:

Yes I am. Even without the best player in the country, Derwin James, they had the 22nd best overall defense. 

Yes you are being completely ignorant if you are saying this defense with Derwin James is not top 5 in the nation.

Yes I am. Your going off potential.. Derwin James is a potentially top player in college right? Cause he has about 96 career tkls, 1int and about 4 sacks (you can correct me if I'm wrong with the stats) I still don't see how he changes games... Ppl say I'm crazy when I say he's not even the best player  in the secondary... Like I said you going off potential.. Nothing wrong with that but y'all defense was not that good last year...

5 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Yes I am. Your going off potential.. Derwin James is a potentially top player in college right? Cause he has about 96 career tkls, 1int and about 4 sacks (you can correct me if I'm wrong with the stats) I still don't see how he changes games... Ppl say I'm crazy when I say he's not even the best player  in the secondary... Like I said you going off potential.. Nothing wrong with that but y'all defense was not that good last year...

To me he got lumped into the same category as Jabrill Peppers. But he is an all around Mr do everything player. He's a game changer.

Great matchup!  I give the edge to Bama but wouldn't be surprised if FSU wins. Two of the best teams on paper.  FSU defense was #22 in total D and #44 in scoring D.   Total D is impressive, not so much scoring D.  Didn't lose a lot.  Have been recruiting well so talent should be there.  FSU O-line seems to be the only suspect unit on either team.  Cam Akers may be great but will he be able to pick up a Bama blitz in his first collegiate game?  That's a tall task for a freshman.  Love the matchup and the loser has a real chance to still make the playoffs. 

5 hours ago, Panhandlecola said:

Great matchup!  I give the edge to Bama but wouldn't be surprised if FSU wins. Two of the best teams on paper.  FSU defense was #22 in total D and #44 in scoring D.   Total D is impressive, not so much scoring D.  Didn't lose a lot.  Have been recruiting well so talent should be there.  FSU O-line seems to be the only suspect unit on either team.  Cam Akers may be great but will he be able to pick up a Bama blitz in his first collegiate game?  That's a tall task for a freshman.  Love the matchup and the loser has a real chance to still make the playoffs. 

Don't for about Patrick he will pick up the slack too. I have a good feeling this will be a rematch in the national championship and the loser will win the rematch

Bama pulls away IMO.   I just don't think FSU's running game is going to be able to keep them balanced on O.   I'm honestly not too convinced in FSU's WRs either.   I think FSU is going to miss Dalvin this year A LOT.   FSU's D is LEGIT though.    Still if FSU goes 3 and out too often the D will wear down.  

Bama 34-FSU 17

On 8/6/2017 at 7:34 AM, KeemD321 said:

Don't for about Patrick he will pick up the slack too. I have a good feeling this will be a rematch in the national championship and the loser will win the rematch

Thing is Patrick is a power back.   Power backs don't fare well vs tide.  Too much depth on the D.

13 hours ago, 954gator said:

Bama pulls away IMO.   I just don't think FSU's running game is going to be able to keep them balanced on O.   I'm honestly not too convinced in FSU's WRs either.   I think FSU is going to miss Dalvin this year A LOT.   FSU's D is LEGIT though.    Still if FSU goes 3 and out too often the D will wear down.  

Bama 34-FSU 17

6 RBs rated 4-5* not gonna be good enough? HAHAHAHAHA

18 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Don't know if they gonna pan out.. I'm pretty sure one will but not at Dalvin caliber...  Your going off potential again..

Well bama hasn't played yet so When you say their defense will be fine and won't have trouble stopping the run game wouldn't that be going off potential? 

Because correct me if I'm wrong but doesent bama have quite a few to replace across that defense? 

40 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well bama hasn't played yet so When you say their defense will be fine and won't have trouble stopping the run game wouldn't that be going off potential? 

Because correct me if I'm wrong but doesent bama have quite a few to replace across that defense? 

Shhhhh, logic isnt allowed here.

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You think their Dline will be young and inexperienced? Lol check out who the number 1 projected DT/NT for next draft is and get back to me. 

DE  Da'shawn Hand  Sr

NT  Da'ron Payne  Jr

DT  Josh Frazier   Sr

Bama processes weak links early after year two. (a lot of them were top ranked guys coming in)   They are ALWAYS deep along the trenches, their entire game plan is based on it.   

On 8/4/2017 at 1:26 PM, Cocoa2010 said:

Saying FSU's defense is suspect just shows how ignorant you are about FSU football. FSU has NFL talent at all 11 positions on defense; and they have depth at a multitude of those positions.

That being said, I believe Bama will when based on history; I want FSU to win but like I said, history says dont bet against Bama in opening games.

I wouldn't say their Defense is suspect at all though.  They will be pretty damn strong on D, but you have to be able to keep the ball on O in order for the D to succeed.   This has been UF's problem for quite a while now SMH.   D can't be on the field 247.  

6 minutes ago, 954gator said:

You think their Dline will be young and inexperienced? Lol check out who the number 1 projected DT/NT for next draft is and get back to me. 

DE  Da'shawn Hand  Sr

NT  Da'ron Payne  Jr

DT  Josh Frazier   Sr

Bama processes weak links early after year two. (a lot of them were top ranked guys coming in)   They are ALWAYS deep along the trenches, their entire game plan is based on it.   

What bout the back 7?

On 8/5/2017 at 9:23 AM, Zoe Boy said:

FSU's Dline should be very stout.   They will have one hell of a pass rush even after the loss of Walker (who was just awesome BTW and crazy underrated IMO).