2017 Kickoff Classics

DisabledAccount

Just now, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

LOL love how you can predict games that were not played there is no point you could make to prove it.

Well lets see

We would know all the weaknesses of your best offensive linemen 

2 you all play 2 ways while we dont so fort White would have eventually tired out Like in Fletcher who we beat by over 20 

Plus common opponents in Suwannee, you all beat them by 1 score,  we beat suwannee by i think 24 points lol

;)

No maybe i can't prove it one way or the other but details like that would prove who would likely have won

I will admit it probably would have been more competitive then 2013 spring game though, i honestly wish we still played just so Fort White players would quit bugging us on Twitter saying how they would smash us

:-D

15 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What they looking like this year? 

I'm cautiously optimistic....I think Wakulla has the chance to be very good.  Everyone is back on defense...and they were good last year.  The key is offensive production.  QB play was awful last year.  This year a rising sophomore named Jaylon Worsham is taking over at QB.  He has tremendous potential.  He moved here from Miami a couple of years ago.  He's learning the position but he will get better and better as the year goes on....

Wakulla is in a very tough district.  Rickards will be very good and look for Godby to be much improved over last year.

57 minutes ago, TRAJAN01 said:

I'm cautiously optimistic....I think Wakulla has the chance to be very good.  Everyone is back on defense...and they were good last year.  The key is offensive production.  QB play was awful last year.  This year a rising sophomore named Jaylon Worsham is taking over at QB.  He has tremendous potential.  He moved here from Miami a couple of years ago.  He's learning the position but he will get better and better as the year goes on....

Wakulla is in a very tough district.  Rickards will be very good and look for Godby to be much improved over last year.

I know PSJ and Wakulla scrimmaged at the FCA camp at Blue Springs.  From what I heard they were pretty evenly matched but one would assume in a real game that depth would be the difference for Wakulla.  Wakulla seems to be as solid year in year out as they were in the Coach Jones era.

Hey Sharkbait, I know a couple of guys that are coaching down at Franklin County this year.  They are in the same region as you guys and Blountstown but I noticed on their schedule that they're not playing either team.  I thought you had to play everyone in your region.  How does that work?

1 hour ago, TRAJAN01 said:

Hey Sharkbait, I know a couple of guys that are coaching down at Franklin County this year.  They are in the same region as you guys and Blountstown but I noticed on their schedule that they're not playing either team.  I thought you had to play everyone in your region.  How does that work?

Actually you don't have play anyone in region 

You responsible for filling all 10 games and 4 teams with most points advance in class 1-4a

1 hour ago, TRAJAN01 said:

PSJ tried to pay them to play us but they declined.  Yeomans told me he was gonna win 8 games and go to the playoffs this year, but they've won only 16 in the last 10 years.  I think he is a good coach but if he does that he is better than Saban.

7 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

PSJ tried to pay them to play us but they declined.  Yeomans told me he was gonna win 8 games and go to the playoffs this year, but they've won only 16 in the last 10 years.  I think he is a good coach but if he does that he is better than Saban.

LOL yeah that place is a coaching graveyard.  It will be tough to win there...

On 8/6/2017 at 2:37 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

This one and Columbia vs raines look like best 2 matchups in this area 

I gonna keep my eyes on this game 

Looks as though Raines may be somewhat better than last season. Kind of like they were in 2015. They have Sr. QB Ivory Durham back. He's a good one. Seems as though they are a pretty balanced team between run and pass. Got most of their RB's and WR's back. Durham likes to spread it around among 4 or 5 receivers, it seems. That means to me that he picks the point of least resistance most passing plays. How do you think that Columbia will do against them in the Classic?

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

Looks as though Raines may be somewhat better than last season. Kind of like they were in 2015. They have Sr. QB Ivory Durham back. He's a good one. Seems as though they are a pretty balanced team between run and pass. Got most of their RB's and WR's back. Durham likes to spread it around among 4 or 5 receivers, it seems. That means to me that he picks the point of least resistance most passing plays. How do you think that Columbia will do against them in the Classic?

Probably similar to 2015 but not as good as that year 

I think we win but should be good game 

When i say 2015 i meant raines 

I think we will be close to or better than 2015

Is the list of kickoff classics up? If not, does anyone know where I can find a list for South Florida? I think I may catch a little bit of American Heritage/Booker T Washington. If there's a good one on Thursday or Saturday I might check it out too

7 hours ago, DB4 said:

Is the list of kickoff classics up? If not, does anyone know where I can find a list for South Florida? I think I may catch a little bit of American Heritage/Booker T Washington. If there's a good one on Thursday or Saturday I might check it out too

Dwyer at Miami Central , Thursday at 6pm ( according to Palm Beach Post )

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/fl-sp-hs-football-schedule-2017-story.html

These are the Kickoff Classics I'll be paying attention to as I feel they're the most compelling match-ups.

Berkeley Prep vs Calvary Christian

Berkeley Prep is a defending Class 3A Regional Champion and has quite a few stars on the roster. They have the Tampa Bay Times #1 ranked football player Nicholas Petit-Freer and fellow top 50 ranked player DE Mayan Ahanotu. They also have a good QB in Joshua Youngblood, Rb JaVon Cooper and star 6'5 WR/TE Zack Mathias. They also boast Jaylen Harrell.

Calvary Christian is expecting to see massive improvement this year as they're going to be lead by superstar CCC transfer Amari Burney. They also added CCC transfer De'Andre Ferguson and also boast one of the top linemen in the Bay area Ethan White.

Calvary did not play a Spring game so nobody knows what to expect. I expect both teams to play to win, but Berkeley Prep has a huge game against CCC in week 1 and Calvary probably needs game film on their team to make adjustments as they go into their week 1 game against AFA.

Clearwater Central Catholic vs Wiregrass Ranch

This is basically a battle between the  preseason #1 private school in Pinellas vs the #1 Public school in Pasco.

The Bulls of Wiregrass are the #1 ranked Preseason Pasco County team by PascoFB and by many publications that cover the county and it's easy to see why. Wiregrass Ranch, a 7A team is loaded with talent across the board. Jordan Miner is one of the top CB's in the state and they also feature a trio of talented running backs and also feature a veteran QB in Grant Sessums. The Bulls also feature one of Pasco counties better coaching staffs lead by Mark Kantor.  By all popular opinion, the Bulls should be looking at an 8-2 season and battling for a playoff spot behind Plant.

CCC is no stranger to being a top ranked small school in 3A and 2017 is no exception as, but the Marauders have historically preferred not to challenge themselves in the preseason as they emphasize film work and putting players in positions they don't normally play to find hidden gems over wins if the game doesn't count. CCC is lead by some truly amazing athletes in their Junior and Freshmen classes, but their senior class is lead by one of the top linebackers in the state Deandre FItz Henley.

Melbourne Central Catholic vs Cardinal Gibbons

MCC is a favorite to be playing in Orlando against Chaminade-Madonna for 2017; however, the Hustlers have a tough KoC opponent in Cardinal GIbbons. MCC brings most of their roster back in tact from their undefeated regional championship team in 2016 including QB Joaqun Collazo, RB Lavonte Valentine and most of the line and linebackers.

Chaminade-Madonna vs Deerfield Beach

Chaminade-Madonna maybe the biggest favorite to win a state championship in recent Florida football history. The amount of talent on this team is impressive even by Miami/Broward custom built all-star team standards. The Lions have lofty expectations and have put together a schedule to match those expectations. While many feel the Lions will finish 7-3, I actually think they have the talent to finish 9-1. They have the depth of a 7A team and some of the best coaches in the greater Miami area.

Of coarse, all of the lofty expectations are on paper and message board fodder. This is where the rubber meets the road.

4 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

I'm gonna go to the MC vs Dwyer game on Thursday and fri I'm most likely gonna be at the BTW vs AHP game. But I wish that Norland vs Jones games is gonna be good....

MCC vs cardinal gibbons looks like best game on Wednesday 

And is that only game on Saturday? 

I am going to Dr. Phillips vs Osceola.  I like Dr. Phillips in this match up and it could be a preview to a state semifinal game vs the two teams but we have a long long way to go before that and lots of other good teams like Apopka and Vero Beach that will get in the way.  Osceola is really young on the OL but has tons of skilled backs.  I think they struggle vs a really good Dr. Phillips defense but it will help them out in the long run.  I'm interested to see how Besean McCray fits into DP's offense.  My prediction DP 21 Osceola 7

1 hour ago, badbird said:

I am going to Dr. Phillips vs Osceola.  I like Dr. Phillips in this match up and it could be a preview to a state semifinal game vs the two teams but we have a long long way to go before that and lots of other good teams like Apopka and Vero Beach that will get in the way.  Osceola is really young on the OL but has tons of skilled backs.  I think they struggle vs a really good Dr. Phillips defense but it will help them out in the long run.  I'm interested to see how Besean McCray fits into DP's offense.  My prediction DP 21 Osceola 7

I think Osceola wins this game. I liked how they looked against Bishop Moore.