Underrated players

DisabledAccount

Pensacola area:

Catholic - #17 Richardson,  #8? Smiley. 

Escambia - #15 McGhee,  #8 Dosunmu.

Gulf Breeze - #35 Tisdale,  #66 Hawkins.

Milton - #3 McCroy, #8 Williams. 

Navarre - #78 Hixson, #15 Chambers.

Pace - #2 Bivins,  #5 Pendergrass. 

Pensacola - #2 Albritton, #72 Medley. 

Pine Forest - #25 Lewis, #75 Gill.

Tate - #73 Dorsett,  #4 Paige.

W. Florida Tech - #16 Abrams, #6 Helton. 

Washington - #11 McGhee,  #14 Ward.

6 hours ago, Panhandlecola said:

Pensacola area:

Catholic - #17 Richardson,  #8? Smiley. 

Escambia - #15 McGhee,  #8 Dosunmu.

Gulf Breeze - #35 Tisdale,  #66 Hawkins.

Milton - #3 McCroy, #8 Williams. 

Navarre - #78 Williams, #15 Chambers.

Pace - #2 Bivins,  #5 Pendergrass. 

Pensacola - #2 Albritton, #72 Medley. 

Pine Forest - #25 Lewis, #75 Gill.

Tate - #73 Dorsett,  #4 Paige.

W. Florida Tech - #16 Abrams, #6 Helton. 

Washington - #11 McGhee,  #14 Ward.

I definitely agree with Smiley, McGhee, and Bivins. Smiley is a good RB from Catholic who was injured early against Gulf Breeze and missed most of the season. If you're talking about the WR from Washington (McGhee), he seemed to score multiple TD's for a team who wasn't very good. Bivins will make the change from QB to RB at Pace. He's a big, strong runner. Two others I would include would be Wright from Navarre. He played WR for them last year and I believe he scored 3 TD's in the spring game. The other is Walter Yates from Gulf Breeze. Big safety who had 8 int's for Gulf Breeze. He's pretty physical at the line of scrimmage as well. 

14 hours ago, WhoopWhoop!! said:

I definitely agree with Smiley, McGhee, and Bivins. Smiley is a good RB from Catholic who was injured early against Gulf Breeze and missed most of the season. If you're talking about the WR from Washington (McGhee), he seemed to score multiple TD's for a team who wasn't very good. Bivins will make the change from QB to RB at Pace. He's a big, strong runner. Two others I would include would be Wright from Navarre. He played WR for them last year and I believe he scored 3 TD's in the spring game. The other is Walter Yates from Gulf Breeze. Big safety who had 8 int's for Gulf Breeze. He's pretty physical at the line of scrimmage as well. 

I agree that your additions are good players.  I filled out my list with the word "underrated " in mind.  Wright and Yates seem to get a lot of pub so they are rated pretty highly already.  

2 hours ago, SportsNut25 said:

Oh man there are probably at least 100 kids from South Florida that should be in this thread. Who wants to take that challenge on? 

I dont envy the guy that has to come up with that list. LOL. Broward and Zoe you got one heck of a homework assignment. Its gonna be some late nights if you take that challenge on. So so many studs that are under the radar in SFL!

4 minutes ago, Just A Coach said:

I dont envy the guy that has to come up with that list. LOL. Broward and Zoe you got one heck of a homework assignment. Its gonna be some late nights if you take that challenge on. So so many studs that are under the radar in SFL!

It would be a project.  Would have to just stick to Seniors...Then we have to determine the criteria for underrated?   

Not enough offers, not enough exposure, a kid with no offers that might be ready for a D2 type program?   

There are so many great players at the HS level that may never see a D1 program but will continue at D2 and D3 schools....

Take a look at D2 Florida Tech's 2016 Roster and you will see probably some all county kids, kids that played in State Championships, kids that played on nationally ranked teams.  A lot of these kids probably never got that big time offer, but are kids we would have called perhaps playing in the shadows of others on their team.  These are probably the kind of players that were underrated.

http://floridatechsports.com/roster.aspx?roster=4011&path=football

First kid I see on the roster is a DB  Manny Abad out of South Plantation High School.  I had heard of the kid but am stunned when I read his bio that he is a D2 Academic AND Football All-American.    This is a kid that may have been able to play at a FCS school if he was a sub at a St. Thomas or AHP but never got the exposure at South Plantation.  Probably the kind of kid that we would label as underrated if and only if we knew of him....  I'm sure his parents are proud of him with a great academic and athletic career.

http://floridatechsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=11680

32 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

It would be a project.  Would have to just stick to Seniors...Then we have to determine the criteria for underrated?   

Not enough offers, not enough exposure, a kid with no offers that might be ready for a D2 type program?   

There are so many great players at the HS level that may never see a D1 program but will continue at D2 and D3 schools....

Take a look at D2 Florida Tech's 2016 Roster and you will see probably some all county kids, kids that played in State Championships, kids that played on nationally ranked teams.  A lot of these kids probably never got that big time offer, but are kids we would have called perhaps playing in the shadows of others on their team.  These are probably the kind of players that were underrated.

First kid I see on the roster is a DB  Manny Abad out of South Plantation High School.  I had heard of the kid but am stunned when I read his bio that he is a D2 Academic AND Football All-American.    This is a kid that may have been able to play at a FCS school if he was a sub at a St. Thomas or AHP but never got the exposure at South Plantation.  Probably the kind of kid that we would label as underrated if and only if we knew of him....  I'm sure his parents are proud of him with a great academic and athletic career.

Honestly this would have been better if i had posted this earlier in summer so their would be more time for research, this close to season makes it hard 

I found Abad's scrawny little 247 as a WR (not DB) LOL:

http://247sports.com/Player/Manny-Abad-10363

I also stumbled upon an amazing story on this guys after I did a little more searching on Abad....I swear to everyone reading this I had no clue....

Guys if I were to tell you that that kid in that photo was going to be a Tennessee Titan in 5 years , would any of you believe me????

This just shows you how you just never know....

http://spacecoastdaily.com/2017/06/tennessee-titans-sign-former-florida-tech-panther-manny-abad-to-three-year-rookie-contract/

9 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Da problem wit Floridatechfootball is. Coaching dam FIT could have been D2 national champs by. Now buut Englehart boy i tell u Tech has the most moral victories in D2 right now smh

5 hours ago, Floridatechfootball said:

Da problem wit Floridatechfootball is. Coaching dam FIT could have been D2 national champs by. Now buut Englehart boy i tell u Tech has the most moral victories in D2 right now smh

That's true. They definitely could have beat Bethune a couple seasons back.