DiLLARD @ ST THOMAS

Game action is finally here just 6 days away ...& its against our neighborhood rival St thomas ...this is about our 5th str8 year playing them ...all in all im excited do i expect dillard to win?? Right now hell no.!! Based off last years kick off classics 50-0 & how last season ended im rolling with Sta.

STA then the week after booker t look at yhat lol.

On paper this is 1 of dillards best teams in a long time but there is a few questions that still neef to be answerd ...Can they put it all together on the field ?? Will all the starters play & if so how long ? Will the coachs actually coach this year lol....until those are answerd i would say STA 42-7 Over dillard.

3 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Game action is finally here just 6 days away ...& its against our neighborhood rival St thomas ...this is about our 5th str8 year playing them ...all in all im excited do i expect dillard to win?? Right now hell no.!! Based off last years kick off classics 50-0 & how last season ended im rolling with Sta.

STA then the week after booker t look at yhat lol.

On paper this is 1 of dillards best teams in a long time but there is a few questions that still neef to be answerd ...Can they put it all together on the field ?? Will all the starters play & if so how long ? Will the coachs actually coach this year lol....until those are answerd i would say STA 42-7 Over dillard.

For Dillard's sake i hope you all do better than that because to get blown out Like that is not best way to start a season

Good luck Dillard 

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

For Dillard's sake i hope you all do better than that because to get blown out Like that is not best way to start a season

Good luck Dillard 

Sta is a all star team unless u have close to a all star team u getn blowed out & thats for anybody not jus dillard look at wat sta did to everybody in the playoffs last year.

A KO Classic is still a preseason game. Not much different than a scrimmage. The purpose is not specifically to win the game but to get all of your players on the field, evaluate them, and test out your plays. The game is pretty meaningless as quite a few playoff and championship teams have lost their KO Classic games and sometimes by a whole lot. Any coach that leaves his starters in for the entire classic game and treats the game as a regular season game, is not a very good coach in my estimation.

9 hours ago, Proseteye said:

A KO Classic is still a preseason game. Not much different than a scrimmage. The purpose is not specifically to win the game but to get all of your players on the field, evaluate them, and test out your plays. The game is pretty meaningless as quite a few playoff and championship teams have lost their KO Classic games and sometimes by a whole lot. Any coach that leaves his starters in for the entire classic game and treats the game as a regular season game, is not a very good coach in my estimation.

Good teams treat fall kickoff classics as real games. You want to know how good your team is and how they handle in game situations a week before it really counts. 90% of these teams are playing to win. 

4 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

Good teams treat fall kickoff classics as real games. You want to know how good your team is and how they handle in game situations a week before it really counts. 90% of these teams are playing to win. 

True going into this game i just dont kno what to expect all i want is a injury free game and a well played game..& to actually score a point this year lol

7 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

If they're doing that then they are not getting all of their players on the field to evaluate them. Pretty sad situation IMO. I'm sorry, I don't agree with you that most teams view the KO Classic as a win at any cost situation. Also, if you're going full blast in a meaningless first game, you are likely to end up with injuries. In my 10 of years being involved in HS football I have seen players injured and out for the season due to jumping the gun in preseason games. Our coach plays all players in the KO classic and. although it's always nice to win, that is not his principal objective prior to the first game of the season.

15 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

If they're doing that then they are not getting all of their players on the field to evaluate them. Pretty sad situation IMO. I'm sorry, I don't agree with you that most teams view the KO Classic as a win at any cost situation. Also, if you're going full blast in a meaningless first game, you are likely to end up with injuries. In my 10 of years being involved in HS football I have seen players injured and out for the season due to jumping the gun in preseason games. Our coach plays all players in the KO classic and. although it's always nice to win, that is not his principal objective prior to the first game of the season.

I get playing backups but it's a waste of time to play jv in the game

There are special circumstances, i guess if you get wolfson vs Lee then yeah playing starters then entire time gains nothing but if you put BTW vs AHP or apopka vs mainland or Columbia vs apopka having that experience helps get the players ready for the season 

For some teams they get better kickoff oppenents then anyone on the regular season schedule, a lot of these games give good indicators for what to expect from teams

If you putting apopka vs Columbia or apopka vs mainland what good would playing jv do? 

There was a reason jv didn't travel for either team during that 2 year deal

59 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

And that's fine. But you think IMG and Carol City are not trying to win their kickoff classic against each other? Or other top notch games that are scheduled? I'm not saying your view is wrong or right but I just feel you should kno what u have by now going into the season and down here in dade county at least most teams are playing to win these games. 

14 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I get playing backups but it's a waste of time to play jv in the game

There are special circumstances, i guess if you get wolfson vs Lee then yeah playing starters then entire time gains nothing but if you put BTW vs AHP or apopka vs mainland or Columbia vs apopka having that experience helps get the players ready for the season 

For some teams they get better kickoff oppenents then anyone on the regular season schedule, a lot of these games give good indicators for what to expect from teams

If you putting apopka vs Columbia or apopka vs mainland what good would playing jv do? 

There was a reason jv didn't travel for either team during that 2 year deal

I don't think that anyone is talking about JV players. We have about 45 varsity players on our roster. Some higher classification teams have 70 or 80 varsity players. You mean to tell me that only the starting players, 22 at the most, are going to play in a preseason game? How are the coaches going to evaluate the others? One of the purposes of a good football team is development of depth, not just the starting players, who through the season may be injured or not ready to go for one reason or another. That is the very reason why a KO Classic is not a regular season game. It doesn't count and is pretty meaningless with respect to the entire season. So, Columbia beats Apopka in a preseason game. Who cares? What matters is who Columbia beats in the playoffs and possibly the championship game.

34 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I don't think that anyone is talking about JV players. We have about 45 varsity players on our roster. Some higher classification teams have 70 or 80 varsity players. You mean to tell me that only the starting players, 22 at the most, are going to play in a preseason game? How are the coaches going to evaluate the others? One of the purposes of a good football team is development of depth, not just the starting players, who through the season may be injured or not ready to go for one reason or another. That is the very reason why a KO Classic is not a regular season game. It doesn't count and is pretty meaningless with respect to the entire season. So, Columbia beats Apopka in a preseason game. Who cares? What matters is who Columbia beats in the playoffs and possibly the championship game.

Well that's what we did in 2013 against Trinity Christian and all i still hear is we lost 13-0

Our Varisty didn't give up a single point, our jv came out there second half and couldn't do anything 

We sub a lot so unlike some teams we might play 40-50 players a game 

7 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Idk what dillard ojective is gonna b so idk wat to expect

I guess do better than last year, even though it a kickoff classic getting blown out like Dillard did with sta doesn't help their mentality heading into week 1 and they need all the confidence they can get to beat BTW