Toughest 561 schedules

561_Fan

1 hour ago, Chotsani said:

You got to be kidding me lol you still find a way to defend the Oxbridge schedule this season, regular season or not Dwyer at Miami Central is even with Oxbridge Playing Arch. 

Not defending.  I try not to play favorites and give credit where credit is due.  If a team continues to live in candyland and dodge opponents-  I bluntly question such actions.  Particularly over the course of 26 years. Particularly,  when they are credited to a challenging schedule.  So yes this is more a calling out of Dwyer getting credit than me defending Oxbridge.  I will admit to that.  Will you admit Dwyer has been dodging Oxbridge?

I admit Dwyer's schedule top to bottom is arguably better.  My rebuttals are facts, please advise otherwise.

My reasoning stated Oxbridge plays a decent schedule, and are playing arguably the best non-conference team this year in all of PB County.  That fact alone should be noted relevant to the article.

Dwyer (clearly as you reference) pride themselves off of pre-season games and dodging PB County small schools.  That is the reason Dwyer has historically played AHD, Pahokee, and Oxbridge Academy a combined 3 times.  No excuse for that over 26 years.

20 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Exactly "have had" Have had as in 10 years ago......

2015 Atlantic convincingly destroyed a much better PB County schedule and everything in their path in PB County that year:

2015 Atlantic:     http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/atlantic-eagles-(delray-beach,fl)/football-fall-15/schedule.htm

2016 Pahokee:   http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pahokee-blue-devils-(pahokee,fl)/football-fall-16/schedule.htm

So if large school football is average in PBC then  Pahokee and Glades Central  should be blasting those teams every game since they believe they are still nationally elite or a top 100 national program.  

That last statement proves that you are very envious of the Muck. You keep throwing that statement out there when nobody is on here saying that the schools are still national powers.

18 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

Rankings are subjective..Most people rank teams that fit their narratives/biases...Bigger schools are better or more rated players means a better team...The same with player rankings..A few years ago a kid won d-player of the year with 36 tackles and 4 sacks...when I saw a kid have 18 tackles (10 for loss) and 3 sacks in a single game that season. Pahokee had a kid with 23 sacks, on a state championship team (at the time) and didn't get a vote for defensive player of the year...It's all what fits your narrative 

Very True

14 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

That last statement proves that you are very envious of the Muck. You keep throwing that statement out there when nobody is on here saying that the schools are still national powers.

Wrong.  I posted that statement on this busy thread, and I have been on this busy thread probably more than you been on your 2007 Lazy Boy recliner in the last day.

I'm not in denial of the history of the muck.  I respect the history and always have.  But let's be real it has been 10 years.

No one is directly saying they are national powers, yet the same people believe they can currently play with national powers in Broward and Dade from a subjective perspective.  

Those kind of teams don't struggle with Seminole Ridge and Boca Raton.  Delusional individuals stuck in time do.

6 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Wrong.  I posted that statement on this busy thread, and I have been on this busy thread probably more than you been on your 2007 Lazy Boy recliner in the last day.

I'm not in denial of the history of the muck.  I respect the history and always have.  But let's be real it has been 10 years.

No one is directly saying they are national powers, yet the same people believe they can currently play with national powers in Broward and Dade from a subjective perspective.  

How has it been 10 years and GC has been to 2 title games and Pahokee actually won one on the field? 

Just now, MuckCityChamp said:

How has it been 10 years and GC has been to 2 title games and Pahokee actually won one on the field? 

It has been about 10 years since Pahokee was nationally elite.  That GC 2012 team was nothing overly impressive. 2011 GC was very good and lost to an elite Norland team.  Let's be honest outside of 2011, Glades Central has not been the same in a long time.  Either way 2011, 2012....It is a drought any way you want to sugar coat it.

3 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

It has been about 10 years since Pahokee was nationally elite.  That GC 2012 team was nothing overly impressive. 2011 GC was very good and lost to an elite Norland team.  Let's be honest outside of 2011, Glades Central has not been the same in a long time.  Either way 2011, 2012....It is a drought any way you want to sugar coat it.

Everyone knows that for a small school to be considered nationally elite, they must put together several consecutive undefeated seasons or championships. Pahokee has improved these past 2 seasons. So we will see how this season goes. This season could also be the beginning of GC return. All public schools that have high expectations go through less than par seasons. Wether you like it or not, those 2 schools will always be relevant in football. But, I'm curious to know which high school in Broward that you are a graduate of?

1 hour ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Not defending.  I try not to play favorites and give credit where credit is due.  If a team continues to live in candyland and dodge opponents-  I bluntly question such actions.  Particularly over the course of 26 years. Particularly,  when they are credited to a challenging schedule.  So yes this is more a calling out of Dwyer getting credit than me defending Oxbridge.  I will admit to that.  Will you admit Dwyer has been dodging Oxbridge?

I admit Dwyer's schedule top to bottom is arguably better.  My rebuttals are facts, please advise otherwise.

My reasoning stated Oxbridge plays a decent schedule, and are playing arguably the best non-conference team this year in all of PB County.  That fact alone should be noted relevant to the article.

Dwyer (clearly as you reference) pride themselves off of pre-season games and dodging PB County small schools.  That is the reason Dwyer has historically played AHD, Pahokee, and Oxbridge Academy a combined 3 times.  No excuse for that over 26 years.

I don't Know the details of the conversation those two programs had in regarding to playing each other so thats something I can't admit but for as Oxbridge 2017 schedule flat out embarrassing for a program like you said many respect because they will go out and play just about anyone 

5 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

Everyone knows that for a small school to be considered nationally elite, they must put together several consecutive undefeated seasons or championships. Pahokee has improved these past 2 seasons. So we will see how this season goes. This season could also be the beginning of GC return. All public schools that have high expectations go through less than par seasons. Wether you like it or not, those 2 schools will always be relevant in football. But, I'm curious to know which high school in Broward that you are a graduate of?

Wrong again. AHD, Chaminade-Madonna, and Oxbridge have all cracked top 100 teams over the last few years.

I understand those two schools will be relevant in FL football and I actually like it.  I just call it like I see it, and it is not what it once was.

Did not graduate High School.  

2 minutes ago, Chotsani said:

I don't Know the details of the conversation those two programs had in regarding to playing each other so thats something I can't admit but for as Oxbridge 2017 schedule flat out embarrassing for a program like you said many respect because they will go out and play just about anyone 

"Embarassing" for a 3A program is a bit of stretch IMO.  I will admit is nothing like last year though.

Just now, BrowardHandicapper said:

Wrong again. AHD, Chaminade-Madonna, and Oxbridge have all cracked top 100 teams over the last few years.

I understand those two schools will be relevant in FL football and I actually like it.  I just call it like I see it, and it is not what it once was.

Did not graduate High School.  

My bad, small PUBLIC school. Well, which school in Broward do you support?

2 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

"Embarassing" for a 3A program is a bit of stretch IMO.  I will admit is nothing like last year though.

Embarrassing meaning the school size is 3a but the players thats in this program are big school type kids ...heck they have over 10 division 1 players on this current roster and you are playing against programs that do not have 1  

10 minutes ago, Chotsani said:

Embarrassing meaning the school size is 3a but the players thats in this program are big school type kids ...heck they have over 10 division 1 players on this current roster and you are playing against programs that do not have 1  

Pick up the damn phone and step up to the plate them... Give them an opportunity to beat Dwyer.

Again, teams like Dwyer have had near equal or more talent in recent years then Oxbridge and all they had to do was pick up the phone.  Oxbridge can't control that.  

When you have one team like Dwyer who is scared to go outside their county or even play a 1A or 3A school in their county and then you have another program that has played a defending 8A State Champion, 6A State Champion, a National team, and this year arguably the strongest school out of PA .....  Just think about that one for a moment and tell me Oxbridge is not trying to play strong opponents.  Think about that concept and try to conceive who is probably running...

Win or lose , who cares at this point.  Just accept the game.

33 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

My bad, small PUBLIC school. Well, which school in Broward do you support?

I don't have a favorite... I like to follow teams that build, keep plugging and show improvements through months or seasons.  Whether it be on the field, scheduling or both.  I watch a variety of games in person and am intrigued when a school like Pahokee or Oxbridge steps up.  I usually drive up to Palm Beach for those games.  I sometimes go to a big game in Dade, but probably attend and am most in tune with SFL 8A.

19 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Pick up the damn phone and step up to the plate them... Give them an opportunity to beat Dwyer.

Again, teams like Dwyer have had near equal or more talent in recent years then Oxbridge and all they had to do was pick up the phone.  Oxbridge can't control that.  

When you have one team like Dwyer who is scared to go outside their county or even play a 1A or 3A school in their county and then you have another program that has played a defending 8A State Champion, 6A State Champion, a National team, and this year arguably the strongest school out of PA .....  Just think about that one for a moment and tell me Oxbridge is not trying to play strong opponents.  Think about that concept and try to conceive who is probably running...

Win or lose , who cares at this point.  Just accept the game.

Scheduling with this new system or the old system doesn't hurt Dwyer and has never hurt them probably I guess public perception it could have but I'm sure they can care less about that because they have actually won games and has been rank in the state pretty much every season. But as for Oxbridge if they have 3 losses off this schedule they can find themselves out of the playoffs this season and with a roster this loaded that will be embarrassing and looking at their roster next season will be a struggle for that program while dwyer will remain dwyer 

2 minutes ago, Chotsani said:

Scheduling with this new system or the old system doesn't hurt Dwyer and has never hurt them probably I guess public perception it could have but I'm sure they can care less about that because they have actually won games and has been rank in the state pretty much every season. But as for Oxbridge if they have 3 losses off this schedule they can find themselves out of the playoffs this season and with a roster this loaded that will be embarrassing and looking at their roster next season will be a struggle for that program while dwyer will remain dwyer 

I would agree with that.  Although they are not as loaded as last year they should win 8 of those games.  I doubt they win up in PA.

Glades Central will arguably be the next hardest game, Fort Myers, and PB Lakes will not be easy.  University school may prove to be as strong as those teams by season's end as well.  3-1 in for those 4 games will not be a guarantee.

How many games do you project Dwyer to win this year (not including pre-season)?

16 minutes ago, Chotsani said:

You don't think Dwyer "questionable decisions" to not play powers in Miami Dade or broward County has nothing to do with them looking unprepared for St Thomas Aquinas in the playoffs?

What I'm wondering is are there specific rules against them playing out of county like in Hillsbourgh county or is this by choice that they restrict themselves to basically just Palm Beach games 

4 hours ago, Chotsani said:

Compare and Contrast Since you keep bringing up Dwyer in this argument for whatever reason 

Dwyer

Miami Central (L)

Park Vista (L)

Atlantic (L)

Glades Central (W)

Palm Beach Lakes (W)

Palm Beach Gardens (W)

Olympic Heights (W)

Wellington (W)

Forest Hill (W)

Royal Palm Beach (W)

West Boca Raton (W)

Glades Central will have more talent but they will get out coached that game but that game can swing either way. Atlantic scare me because they have talent and a boat load of transfers but coaching and team discipline can be their down fall this season so that also can be a swing game but they do have Atlantic early so i expect Atlantic to be ok at that point, Park Vista is top heavy for as seniors with experience I expect those seniors to lead and get the job done versus dwyer, Palm Beach Lakes just flat out will get out coached that game so I don't see that game to be even close 

17 hours ago, Chotsani said:

Glades Central will have more talent but they will get out coached that game but that game can swing either way. Atlantic scare me because they have talent and a boat load of transfers but coaching and team discipline can be their down fall this season so that also can be a swing game but they do have Atlantic early so i expect Atlantic to be ok at that point, Park Vista is top heavy for as seniors with experience I expect those seniors to lead and get the job done versus dwyer, Palm Beach Lakes just flat out will get out coached that game so I don't see that game to be even close 

So if GC wins, then its because of talent and if they lose its because of Coaching? I guess it makes no sense to even Coach at GC. Guess its the same at Lakes as well.

3 hours ago, MuckCityChamp said:

So if GC wins, then its because of talent and if they lose its because of Coaching? I guess it makes no sense to even Coach at GC. Guess its the same at Lakes as well.

Predictions and I was giving you my reason behind why Dwyer will win or lose a ball game. But to answer you question I feel that GC can match up athletically with Dwyer but will get out coached that can but if they win I will give the credit to both the players and coaches

20 hours ago, Chotsani said:

Predictions and I was giving you my reason behind why Dwyer will win or lose a ball game. But to answer you question I feel that GC can match up athletically with Dwyer but will get out coached that can but if they win I will give the credit to both the players and coaches

Well I predict GC will beat Dwyer. Atlantic will probably handle them as well.