Toughest 561 schedules

561_Fan

Oxbridge plays @ arguably the best team in PA with several 2016 playoff opponents as well.  Not Oxbridge's schedule of last year but still solid in PB County.  I like the fact that Oxbridge ventures out of PB County to play teams... something no one else on this list except Glades Central and Pahokee can say the same unless they have no choice.

Dwyer should be banned from being on this list having never in the history of the school in the regular season played ANY Broward or Dade team.  I'm all eyes and ears - prove me wrong.

Would have liked to seen Pahokee play a Broward or Dade power this year. Playing Atlantic and @ Vero is enough to sell me on this list though.  But i still want to see if Pahokee has returned close to greatness like many in the muck claim.  The old Pahokee teams had no problem banging with the best in Broward and Dade.  Not sure why those games have not happened over the last two years.

40 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Oxbridge plays @ arguably the best team in PA with several 2016 playoff opponents as well.  Not Oxbridge's schedule of last year but still solid in PB County.  I like the fact that Oxbridge ventures out of PB County to play teams... something no one else on this list except Glades Central and Pahokee can say the same unless they have no choice.

Dwyer should be banned from being on this list having never in the history of the school in the regular season played ANY Broward or Dade team.  I'm all eyes and ears - prove me wrong.

Would have liked to seen Pahokee play a Broward or Dade power this year. Playing Atlantic and @ Vero is enough to sell me on this list though.  But i still want to see if Pahokee has returned close to greatness like many in the muck claim.  The old Pahokee teams had no problem banging with the best in Broward and Dade.  Not sure why those games have not happened over the last two years.

Do you think a team like Miami Central or Miami northwestern or sta or AHP would schedule Pahokee? 

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Do you think a team like Miami Central or Miami northwestern or sta or AHP would schedule Pahokee? 

Yes.  If it is worth it to them for non-conference.  Take a look at what those teams have played non-conf over the last few years.  It is safe to say most of those teams are at least as good as Pahokee.

Kudos to Pahokee for still playing a heck of schedule for a 1A team,  I just don't think they are close to being ready for those kind of teams unless they find a time machine.

Oxbridge outside of the P.A game name another game they have on their schedule that is worth mentioning? Flanagan will win 3 games this year...Cooper City? Royal Palm Beach? Palm Beach Lakes? And etc I expect a tougher schedule from a program,that's in the past has played some top opponents

14 minutes ago, Chotsani said:

Oxbridge outside of the P.A game name another game they have on their schedule that is worth mentioning? Flanagan will win 3 games this year...Cooper City? Royal Palm Beach? Palm Beach Lakes? And etc I expect a tougher schedule from a program,that's in the past has played some top opponents

Maybe Glades Central is worth mentioning - considering you made them number 5 on your own PB County list.

As to Flanagan, it is what it is but I am not going to shame a 3A PB County team that ventures where many in PB don't....Oxbridge had no control of the Flanagan massive fallout but it is what it is. They don't look any better if they back out from something that was scheduled over a year ago.  

As to the other teams ...University School is a sold team, Palm Beach Lakes is a solid team.  Cooper City and Royal Palm Beach are improved.

And if you are in the know in  PB County, you know damn well Dwyer has been running from Oxbridge for years now. So you know that option is out for Oxbridge.  Am I correct?

In the old days, when Pahokee was one of the top teams in Florida and was ranked nationwide, Miami Central, MNW, and AHP would have thought long and hard before scheduling them. They were a team that would play, and probably defeat, anyone. Having played Pahokee in three championship games, I doubt that they will ever be that team again. They are a very good team right now. But, they will never again be that star studded super team of years ago. You just don't have the same circumstances in the Muck anymore. I think it is also the reason that Glades Central is not the same team as in those glory years.

Pahokee tried to schedule Miami Northwestern a few years back, but they wouldn't take the game. They were working on a game with STA, but I don't know how far (or serious) the discussions got, so it fell through. There was a rumored OOS game with a team from New Orleans this year, being set up by Pahokee alum, Ricky Jackson, but I don't know what happened.

With a student body around 400, the Cocoa and GC games are the only ones that stand out. Vero, only because you have to deal with the refs (especially since they're supposed to be good). They have a lot of depth, and only a few kids will play both ways (mainly lineman).

Oxbridge has been barking up that Dwyer tree, but for some reason Dwyer won't answer the call.

10 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Pahokee's schedule is still brutal for a 1A school.   I will be extremely impressed if they win 7 on that schedule.  If they upset Atlantic, Vero Beach or Cocoa I will also be impressed.  If they win 2 of those 3, I'll take my crow with gravy please.

To outsiders of the Muck, Atlantic and Vero would be considered "upsets." But, Muck teams have always handled Atlantic and Pahokee has also beaten Vero a few times. Only a Cocoa win would be considered an upset. 

2 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

Pahokee tried to schedule Miami Northwestern a few years back, but they wouldn't take the game. They were working on a game with STA, but I don't know how far (or serious) the discussions got, so it fell through. There was a rumored OOS game with a team from New Orleans this year, being set up by Pahokee alum, Ricky Jackson, but I don't know what happened.

With a student body around 400, the Cocoa and GC games are the only ones that stand out. Vero, only because you have to deal with the refs (especially since they're supposed to be good). They have a lot of depth, and only a few kids will play both ways (mainly lineman).

Oxbridge has been barking up that Dwyer tree, but for some reason Dwyer won't answer the call.

We all have to realize that the Pahokee community is a very poor one. It takes a lot of funds to bankrole OOS games. Probably the reason that they rarely played out of state even in the best of years. It's too bad as there was always the possibility that they could have been ranked the best team in the nation if they were able to play and defeat some of the top teams like De La Salle.

1 hour ago, MuckCityChamp said:

To outsiders of the Muck, Atlantic and Vero would be considered "upsets." But, Muck teams have always handled Atlantic and Pahokee has also beaten Vero a few times. Only a Cocoa win would be considered an upset. 

So Vero Beach is not a upset....Can you explain how Pahokee struggles with average 8A PB County teams last year versus (4-5) Seminole Ridge with a 20-14 victory and beat a 5-5 Boca Raton team 17-14?

Is it fair to say 2017 Vero Beach is at least as strong as those teams?

I was at the Boca Raton game and the game could have gone any way. I don't know if Pahokee was missing players but there was no feel of anything beyond a 1A power on display.  Pahokee looked like a slightly above average 8A team to me and a very good 1A team.  I watch a lot of football in person and view film as well.  Had Pahokee ventured a few miles south of Boca that season against playoff teams they would have gotten their clocks cleaned - trust me. Just being honest.

Back to your statement...that is where you are wrong and/or stuck in time MuckCityChamp. 2015 Atlantic would have blasted any muck team going back to probably 2011 Glades Central and all the way back to 2007 Pahokee.....

You need to get out of the 2000s.  Hope the following helps:

Glades Central never played Vero Beach and never played Atlantic in the 2000's.  They only met the last 2 years.  I may be incorrect and please advise if I am wrong but from what I gather in the history of the last 15 years there have only been 2 matches with those teams:

2016 Atlantic 13  Glades Central 14

2015 Atlantic 26  Glades Central 7

I am not suggesting Atlantic was stronger than GC during the 2000s by any means but just presenting the facts.  Atlantic did have a few decent teams though.  

As to Pahokee, dominant to Vero in two matches but again we are talking 10 years ago - IMO whole different ballgame.

2008 Pahokee 28   Vero Beach 10

2007 Pahokee 25   Vero Beach 2

Pahokee is 5-2 overall versus Atlantic but for whatever reason it looks like they stopped playing one another in recent years...

2012 Atlantic 39  Pahokee 0

2011 Atlantic 49  Pahokee 16

2010 Pahokee 12  Atlantic 7

2009  Atlantic 6 Pahokee 13

2006 Pahokee 46 Atlantic 0

2005 Atlantic 23 Pahokee 32

2004 Pahokee 22 Atlantic 10

Also, not for nothing but does losing to American Heritage Delray five times straight and particularly last year, even make you consider  that Glades Central has taken a step back?  Stop dodging that statement and give a rebuttal for once please...Give us a explanation why American Heritage Delray OWNS Glades Central in modern day.

27 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

So Vero Beach is not a upset....Can you explain how Pahokee struggles with average 8A PB County teams last year versus (4-5) Seminole Ridge with a 20-14 victory and beat a 5-5 Boca Raton team?

I was at the Boca Raton game and the game could have gone any way. I don't know if Pahokee was missing players but there was no feel of anything beyond a 1A power on display.  Pahokee looked like a slightly above average 8A team to me and a very good 1A team.  I watch a lot of football in person and view film as well.  Had Pahokee ventured a few miles south of Boca that season against playoff teams they would have gotten their clocks cleaned - trust me. Just being honest.

Back to your statement...that is where you are wrong and/or stuck in time MuckCityChamp. 2015 Atlantic would have blasted any muck team going back to probably 2011 Glades Central and all the way back to 2007 Pahokee.....

Glades Central never played Vero Beach and never played Atlantic in the 2000's.  They only met the last 2 years.  I may be incorrect and please advise if I am wrong but from what I gather in the history of the last 15 years there have only been 2 matches with those teams:

I am not suggesting Atlantic was stronger than GC during the 2000s by any means but just presenting the facts.  Atlantic did have a few decent teams though.  

As to Pahokee, dominant to Vero in two matches but again we are talking 10 years ago - IMO whole different ballgame.

Pahokee is 5-2 overall versus Atlantic but for whatever reason it looks like they stopped playing one another in recent years...

Also, not for nothing but does losing to American Heritage Delray five times straight and particularly last year, even make you consider the that Glades Central has taken a step back.  Stop dodging that statement and give a rebuttal for once please...Give us a explanation why American Heritage Delray OWNS Glades Central in modern day.

Vero did beat Pahokee in 2004 in a preseason game but Coach J shouldn't be tryin to play teams dat Vero played or beat 10 years ago 

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

We all have to realize that the Pahokee community is a very poor one. It takes a lot of funds to bankrole OOS games. Probably the reason that they rarely played out of state even in the best of years. It's too bad as there was always the possibility that they could have been ranked the best team in the nation if they were able to play and defeat some of the top teams like De La Salle.

I often wondered if former players that come from extreme areas of poverty like Pahokee ever consider individually or banding together and giving back/donating to their former schools to make improvements to the programs.  Perhaps their have been donations made but for whatever reason , nothing has come about....Considering how many NFL players have gone through Glades Central and Pahokee it probably would not take much to set the programs on a better road.

14 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Maybe Glades Central is worth mentioning - considering you made them number 5 on your own PB County list.

As to Flanagan, it is what it is but I am not going to shame a 3A PB County team that ventures where many in PB don't....Oxbridge had no control of the Flanagan massive fallout but it is what it is. They don't look any better if they back out from something that was scheduled over a year ago.  

As to the other teams ...University School is a sold team, Palm Beach Lakes is a solid team.  Cooper City and Royal Palm Beach are improved.

And if you are in the know in  PB County, you know damn well Dwyer has been running from Oxbridge for years now. So you know that option is out for Oxbridge.  Am I correct?

I don't think I was shaming that program by stating facts, and Oxbridge for as my knowledge had full control over this schedule so adding Flanagan for another season after the fall out was in their full control with this new system in mind. The comment about Dwyer, I know for a fact Dwyer would have played them last season but it has always been words back and forth between those two programs about scheduling a game and who knows really what was said. But my no means dwyer runs from any team just look over the years of who dwyer have played and if I'm not mistaken dwyer has miami central this friday. 

Cooper City improved? the program won I believe 2 or 3 games last season, Royal Palm beach won 1 I believe? and University school? We are talking supposedly one of the top teams in 3a compared to the Likes of Madonna, Central Melbourne, and etc. Again I'm not here saying this is a bad team I'm responding to your comment about their schedule very weak this season   

8 minutes ago, Chotsani said:

I don't think I was shaming that program by stating facts, and Oxbridge for as my knowledge had full control over this schedule so adding Flanagan for another season after the fall out was in their full control with this new system in mind. The comment about Dwyer, I know for a fact Dwyer would have played them last season but it has always been words back and forth between those two programs about scheduling a game and who knows really what was said. But my no means dwyer runs from any team just look over the years of who dwyer have played and if I'm not mistaken dwyer has miami central this friday. 

Cooper City improved? the program won I believe 2 or 3 games last season, Royal Palm beach won 1 I believe? and University school? We are talking supposedly one of the top teams in 3a compared to the Likes of Madonna, Central Melbourne, and etc. Again I'm not here saying this is a bad team I'm responding to your comment about their schedule very weak this season   

University school in 4a

1 hour ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

So Vero Beach is not a upset....Can you explain how Pahokee struggles with average 8A PB County teams last year versus (4-5) Seminole Ridge with a 20-14 victory and beat a 5-5 Boca Raton team 17-14?

Also, not for nothing but does losing to American Heritage Delray five times straight and particularly last year, even make you consider  that Glades Central has taken a step back?  Stop dodging that statement and give a rebuttal for once please...Give us a explanation why American Heritage Delray OWNS Glades Central in modern day.

No, Vero would not be considered an upset. If Refs are always their to save them, why would I respect them? Pahokee vs Seminole Ridge was the very 1st game of the season with a new staff. But, a win is a win. You failed to mention that Boca was undefeated when they matched up with Pahokee. You also failed to mention that a storm was in the area that week and Pahokee did not get 1 field practice that entire week. Let alone the game being delayed because of a thunderstorm.

Is it fair to say that Vero as strong as those? On paper, yes. No games have been played yet.

IF Pahokee would have traveled to play Broward teams, they would have got their clocks cleaned you say? Its easy to use IF when it didn't happen. But, like us all, you are entitled to your opinion.

Your statement about the 2015 Atlantic team is yet another one of your opinions in which I damn sure disagree. But, like I said, you love the word "If."

Show me where I stated that GC played Vero? And I stand by my statement, I don't consider neither team an upset bid. 

Yes, American Heritage has beaten GC 5 straight times. I can't argue that. But, when your program is built on transfers, you better win. 

9 minutes ago, Chotsani said:

When do you think the Flanagan game was scheduled though?

Are you kidding me with Dwyer?????

Dwyer never has a problem in pre-season playing a Broward or Dade power or the post-season - when they have no choice.  But tell me one Broward or Dade team that Dwyer has played since there existence in 1991.  Just one.

It is obvious who has the bigger baulz between Dwyer and Oxbridge Academy.  Everyone in Broward and Dade know it and the wise in PB County know it.  

Oxbridge has been waiting on Dwyer to answer the call even when Oxbridge was independent.

Cooper City was nothing to write home about last year finishing 4-7 but they did beat a solid South Broward team to solidify a playoff spot and show hope for the 2017 season.  Royal Palm Beach went 4-6 last year but have a lot returning and added a couple new coaches.  They will be improved.  Royal PB Beach has had some very good teams over the years and could return to a 6 or 7 win team.  University School "?"  - yeah, nothing special this year ...:rolleyes:

As to Oxbridge being compared to Madonna, Central, and Melbourne?  They should be able to hold their own with at least the latter two of those teams you mentioned.   Let's be fair if you want to compare 3A Oxbridge's schedule to teams like Chaminade's please do the same for 7A Dwyer as well - just to stay on topic.

4 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

When do you think the Flanagan game was scheduled though?

Are you kidding me with Dwyer?????

Dwyer never has a problem in pre-season playing a Broward or Dade power or the post-season - when they have no choice.  But tell me one Broward or Dade team that Dwyer has played since there existence in 1991.  Just one.

It is obvious who has the bigger baulz between Dwyer and Oxbridge Academy.  Everyone in Broward and Dade know it and the wise in PB County know it.  

Oxbridge has been waiting on Dwyer to answer the call even when Oxbridge was independent.

Cooper City was nothing to write home about last year finishing 4-7 but they did beat a solid South Broward team to solidify a playoff spot and show hope for the 2017 season.  Royal Palm Beach went 4-6 last year but have a lot returning and added a couple new coaches.  They will be improved.  Royal PB Beach has had some very good teams over the years and could return to a 6 or 7 win team.  University School "?"  - yeah, nothing special this year ...:rolleyes:

As to Oxbridge being compared to Madonna, Central, and Melbourne?  They should be able to hold their own with at least the latter two of those teams you mentioned.   Let's be fair if you want to compare 3A Oxbridge's schedule to teams like Chaminade's please do the same for 7A Dwyer as well - just to stay on topic.

I stayed on topic you got off topic talking about dwyer and oxbridge playing one another, So back on topic Oxbridge had plenty of time to get out that flanagan game to play some one that will help them with that point system and they chose to stay put not just that but go and schedule cooper city, everglades prep?, university school, royal palm beach, palm beach lakes, lake worth? man c'mon man are we seriously having this conversation abouth oxbridge schedule this season? That is a ridiculous schedule and any other topic program will be getting destroyed for having a schedule with maybe 2 or 3 playoff teams  

5 minutes ago, Chotsani said:

I stayed on topic you got off topic talking about dwyer and oxbridge playing one another, So back on topic Oxbridge had plenty of time to get out that flanagan game to play some one that will help them with that point system and they chose to stay put not just that but go and schedule cooper city, everglades prep?, university school, royal palm beach, palm beach lakes, lake worth? man c'mon man are we seriously having this conversation abouth oxbridge schedule this season? That is a ridiculous schedule and any other topic program will be getting destroyed for having a schedule with maybe 2 or 3 playoff teams  

Oh yeah they also schedule Centennial who I believe won 1 game as well last season