Toughest 561 schedules

561_Fan

34 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

No, Vero would not be considered an upset. If Refs are always their to save them, why would I respect them? Pahokee vs Seminole Ridge was the very 1st game of the season with a new staff. But, a win is a win. You failed to mention that Boca was undefeated when they matched up with Pahokee. You also failed to mention that a storm was in the area that week and Pahokee did not get 1 field practice that entire week. Let alone the game being delayed because of a thunderstorm.

Is it fair to say that Vero as strong as those? On paper, yes. No games have been played yet.

IF Pahokee would have traveled to play Broward teams, they would have got their clocks cleaned you say? Its easy to use IF when it didn't happen. But, like us all, you are entitled to your opinion.

Your statement about the 2015 Atlantic team is yet another one of your opinions in which I damn sure disagree. But, like I said, you love the word "If."

Show me where I stated that GC played Vero? And I stand by my statement, I don't consider neither team an upset bid. 

Yes, American Heritage has beaten GC 5 straight times. I can't argue that. But, when your program is built on transfers, you better win. 

I was not aware of how influential refs are in Vero games but I'll be looking out for it....Making excuses for a struggle versus 4-5 Seminole Ridge when in your own mind you believe you are a national power- seriously???  Boca Raton was undefeated going into that game - correct- (you asked to be made a fool , now I will make you one)  they were 4-0 versus West Boca, a two point Win versus PB Gardens, and they smashed Spanish River and Santaluces.  Now go pound your chest.   The thunderstorm at the Boca Raton game was very mild and it stormed on Boca Raton as well.  I'll order some ponchos for Pahokee next time if that helps...

Yes, I say "if" .  You struggle with Seminole Ridge and Boca Raton, you are not ready for the top teams in Broward....- just a crazy thought...

Okay....So 2015 Atlantic was a dud because they are not from the muck even though they beat Glades Central 26-7 - is that better?  What is your excuse for that one?  One week of practice or rain?

You didn't mention GC playing Vero,  You mentioned:

"To outsiders of the Muck, Atlantic and Vero would be considered "upsets." But, Muck teams have always handled Atlantic and Pahokee has also beaten Vero a few times. Only a Cocoa win would be considered an upset. "

Your context insinuates Atlantic and Vero are not upsets to those within the Muck.  You context goes on to refererence Muck teams have always handled Atlantic which is incorrect as well (relative to modern day).  Pahokee has beat Vero twice in 2007, 2008.  

22 minutes ago, Chotsani said:

Your initial post was explaining how you like Oxbridge Schedule nothing about Dwyer and Oxbridge playing one another  

My initial post was I thought Oxbridge should me mentioned for playing a decent schedule and actually venturing outside of PB County for competition.  

I mentioned Dwyer to go into more detail for two reasons.

1.  They are on the list for the thread as a team with the toughest 561 schedule.

2. Dwyer as one of the top teams in the 561 is not even an option for Oxbridge to try to play and boost their local schedule.

Explain to me why the 6A, 7A, and 8A in PB County in the last few years have are not stepping up their non-conference like 3A AHD, 3A Oxbridge, 1A Pahokee, and 4A Glades Central?

Explain to me why a team like Wellington has more ambition outside of PB County than Dwyer?

58 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

No, Vero would not be considered an upset. If Refs are always their to save them, why would I respect them? Pahokee vs Seminole Ridge was the very 1st game of the season with a new staff. But, a win is a win. You failed to mention that Boca was undefeated when they matched up with Pahokee. You also failed to mention that a storm was in the area that week and Pahokee did not get 1 field practice that entire week. Let alone the game being delayed because of a thunderstorm.

Is it fair to say that Vero as strong as those? On paper, yes. No games have been played yet.

IF Pahokee would have traveled to play Broward teams, they would have got their clocks cleaned you say? Its easy to use IF when it didn't happen. But, like us all, you are entitled to your opinion.

Your statement about the 2015 Atlantic team is yet another one of your opinions in which I damn sure disagree. But, like I said, you love the word "If."

Show me where I stated that GC played Vero? And I stand by my statement, I don't consider neither team an upset bid. 

Yes, American Heritage has beaten GC 5 straight times. I can't argue that. But, when your program is built on transfers, you better win. 

Interesting ...It has been mentioned multiple times that Glades Central has several transfers in this year but you are okay with that.....I'm not denying AHD had transfers over those years but that is the way it has always been at AHD.  That is the way it has always been at AHD if I am not mistaken - they are a private school.

When all of the other teams like Cardinal Newman played and defeated AHD last year, was it a different AHD team than what showed up versus Glades Central?

Perhaps the AHD transfers on their 2 win team did not participate that game versus Cardinal Newman?

4 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Interesting ...It has been mentioned multiple times that Glades Central has several transfers in this year but you are okay with that.....

When all of the other teams like Cardinal Newman played and defeated AHD last year, was it a different AHD team than what showed up versus Glades Central?

Perhaps the AHD transfers on their 2 win team did not participate that game versus Cardinal Newman?

Wasn't glades Central the first win for AHD or was it that panhandle team i think that they beat 

35 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

My initial post was I thought Oxbridge should me mentioned for playing a decent schedule and actually venturing outside of PB County for competition.  

I mentioned Dwyer to go into more detail for two reasons.

1.  They are on the list for the thread as a team with the toughest 561 schedule.

2. Dwyer as one of the top teams in the 561 is not even an option for Oxbridge to try to play and boost their local schedule.

Explain to me why the 6A, 7A, and 8A in PB County in the last few years have are not stepping up their non-conference like 3A AHD, 3A Oxbridge, 1A Pahokee, and 4A Glades Central?

Explain to me why a team like Wellington has more ambition outside of PB County than Dwyer?

1st Ok i hear ya but Dwyer Schedule being tougher than Oxbridge is a different conversation than why Dwyer will not play Oxbridge

On paper Dwyer schedule is much tougher than Oxbridge

To answer your question about 6/7/8a programs not playing outside the county? Because the old playoff format didn't force them to go outside to make it into the playoffs which this new format will force more teams.

What team Wellington went outside and played? Wellington? so we going from Oxbridge schedule being horrible to why dwyer not playing them to Wellington playing teams outside Palm Beach County? lol man c'mon on stay on topic

35 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Dwyer is contemp of playing MC in a KOC than scheduling good ooc games every year... I mean this like the 4 or 5th time they schedule MC..... They should reach out to other powers so it can help them out for STA.. It's like they want to go undefeated playing duck squads instead of testing themselves..

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I was not aware of how influential refs are in Vero games but I'll be looking out for it....Making excuses for a struggle versus 4-5 Seminole Ridge when in your own mind you believe you are a national power- seriously???  Boca Raton was undefeated going into that game - correct- (you asked to be made a fool , now I will make you one)  they were 4-0 versus West Boca, a two point Win versus PB Gardens, and they smashed Spanish River and Santaluces.  Now go pound your chest.   The thunderstorm at the Boca Raton game was very mild and it stormed on Boca Raton as well.  I'll order some ponchos for Pahokee next time if that helps...

Yes, I say "if" .  You struggle with Seminole Ridge and Boca Raton, you are not ready for the top teams in Broward....- just a crazy thought...

Okay....So 2015 Atlantic was a dud because they are not from the muck even though they beat Glades Central 26-7 - is that better?  What is your excuse for that one?  One week of practice or rain?

You didn't mention GC playing Vero,  You mentioned:

"To outsiders of the Muck, Atlantic and Vero would be considered "upsets." But, Muck teams have always handled Atlantic and Pahokee has also beaten Vero a few times. Only a Cocoa win would be considered an upset. "

Your context insinuates Atlantic and Vero are not upsets to those within the Muck.  You context goes on to refererence Muck teams have always handled Atlantic which is incorrect as well (relative to modern day).  Pahokee has beat Vero twice in 2007, 2008.  

I don't need an excuse, the win column said it all. I can see that you are taking an argument out with me that you may have had with someone else. If you can find my name on any post on this website where i mentioned Muck teams being a national powerhouse, then you can call me out on it. Now, you are qouting me saying that 2015 Atlantic was a dud? I never said that. Your opinion is that team would beat any GC team back to 2011 and any Pahokee team back to 2007 and my opinion is that its Bull. Like i said, a bunch of "Ifs" and opinions. 

1 hour ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Interesting ...It has been mentioned multiple times that Glades Central has several transfers in this year but you are okay with that.....I'm not denying AHD had transfers over those years but that is the way it has always been at AHD.  That is the way it has always been at AHD if I am not mistaken - they are a private school.

Every single kid that transferred to GC was born on the Muck. There is a differences in going home and going to a school to pile up. I personally was not at the GC-AHD game this season, so I can't tell you what happened. 

Pahokee and Glades Central have had some teams that would've had a running clock on that 2015 Atlantic team. I like last years Pahokee team over that 2015 team, that Pahokee lost to 6-0 on some questionable calls. That year was a new staff for Pahokee, and they were rotating QBs (neither had any varsity experience) until the 8th game of the season. 

That Atlantic team wasn't as talented as the Preston Parker teams. They were good defensively, but average on the offensive side of the ball. Large school football is average in PBC, so it's easy for Dwyer, Atlantic, and Boca to have an undefeated regular season. That's why they usually struggle in the post season, because they haven't played anyone in the regular season. 

3 hours ago, Chotsani said:

1st Ok i hear ya but Dwyer Schedule being tougher than Oxbridge is a different conversation than why Dwyer will not play Oxbridge

On paper Dwyer schedule is much tougher than Oxbridge

To answer your question about 6/7/8a programs not playing outside the county? Because the old playoff format didn't force them to go outside to make it into the playoffs which this new format will force more teams.

What team Wellington went outside and played? Wellington? so we going from Oxbridge schedule being horrible to why dwyer not playing them to Wellington playing teams outside Palm Beach County? lol man c'mon on stay on topic

Is that your answer?   But you still have non-district openings.  For example with the old format Oxbridge did not need to play Flanagan and Carol City.  Dwyer had that opportunity to pursue the same caliber team in their non-district weeks, did they?  Did they ever in the last 25 years?

Stay full in belly, and take the easy route..- just win the District, maybe battle a 2 win Ely team, and once every blue moon beat a down STA team 6-3?

Now things have changed for the playoffs for 2017.  With the new format, who is Dwyer playing outside of the county?  

Wellington is playing Vero Beach this year.  My point is Wellington is not as an accomplished program as Dwyer but they still venture out to play great teams outside of PB County.  One would think Dwyer would have ambition to play beyond Jupiter and Boca Raton PB County borders.... No. In fact the last time Dwyer left PB County to play a regular season football game was 2010 in Glenville , OH.  No Treasure Coast, Tampa, Orlando, Jax powers ever. Ever.

1 hour ago, 561_Fan said:

Pahokee and Glades Central have had some teams that would've had a running clock on that 2015 Atlantic team. I like last years Pahokee team over that 2015 team, that Pahokee lost to 6-0 on some questionable calls. That year was a new staff for Pahokee, and they were rotating QBs (neither had any varsity experience) until the 8th game of the season. 

That Atlantic team wasn't as talented as the Preston Parker teams. They were good defensively, but average on the offensive side of the ball. Large school football is average in PBC, so it's easy for Dwyer, Atlantic, and Boca to have an undefeated regular season. That's why they usually struggle in the post season, because they haven't played anyone in the regular season. 

Exactly "have had" Have had as in 10 years ago......

2015 Atlantic convincingly destroyed a much better PB County schedule and everything in their path in PB County that year:

2015 Atlantic:     http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/atlantic-eagles-(delray-beach,fl)/football-fall-15/schedule.htm

2016 Pahokee:   http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pahokee-blue-devils-(pahokee,fl)/football-fall-16/schedule.htm

So if large school football is average in PBC then  Pahokee and Glades Central  should be blasting those teams every game since they believe they are still nationally elite or a top 100 national program.  

1 hour ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Exactly "have had" Have had as in 10 years ago......

2015 Atlantic convincingly destroyed a much better PB County schedule and everything in their path in PB County that year:

2015 Atlantic:     http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/atlantic-eagles-(delray-beach,fl)/football-fall-15/schedule.htm

2016 Pahokee:   http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pahokee-blue-devils-(pahokee,fl)/football-fall-16/schedule.htm

So if large school football is average in PBC then  Pahokee and Glades Central  should be blasting those teams every game since they believe they are still nationally elite or a top 100 national program.  

Pahokee and Glades Central routinely beat the big schools in Palm Beach county...every 3 or 4 years Dwyer or Atlantic get a group of transfers to where they have a good team...If those teams were so great, then why does the Muck have about 20 state titles (Pahokee, Glades Central, and Glades Day). Add in American Heritage-Delray and Oxbridge both small schools. And Dwyer and Gardens are the only big schools to win titles in the last 20 years???

Rankings are subjective..Most people rank teams that fit their narratives/biases...Bigger schools are better or more rated players means a better team...The same with player rankings..A few years ago a kid won d-player of the year with 36 tackles and 4 sacks...when I saw a kid have 18 tackles (10 for loss) and 3 sacks in a single game that season. Pahokee had a kid with 23 sacks, on a state championship team (at the time) and didn't get a vote for defensive player of the year...It's all what fits your narrative 

1 minute ago, WhatsUpDoc said:

561 could you answer why Clewiston decided to move UP to 5A? Reasons? I thought they had it better down in the lower classification....

Don't know. They're in Hendry county (west of Palm Beach County), but they're the only high school. I guess they wanted to get away from Cocoa and BTW. 3A is full of privates, so I don't think they wanted that either.

3 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

Pahokee and Glades Central routinely beat the big schools in Palm Beach county...every 3 or 4 years Dwyer or Atlantic get a group of transfers to where they have a good team...If those teams were so great, then why does the Muck have about 20 state titles (Pahokee, Glades Central, and Glades Day). Add in American Heritage-Delray and Oxbridge both small schools. And Dwyer and Gardens are the only big schools to win titles in the last 20 years???

Now your bringing Glades Day in....What are you, an antique collector or something?

Because those state titles are fossils.  You need to go have lunch with Columbia man....

Have Pahokee or Glades Central  run through 6A or 8A South in November in modern day and come talk to me.

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Might i ask how they gave in? 

Simple, $$$$$ thats all its about. How? Because the way the laws are written in this state placing private schools on the same level as public schools. But public schools can’t travel to a players home in other counties and states to sit down with parents of players saying “if he come plays for us we will give him a free tuition”, while private schools do this day in and day out. But we have other states that says no to the private vs public same level because they knew that private schools basically do what they want to get players.

6 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Now your bringing Glades Day in....What are you, an antique collector or something?

Because those state titles are fossils.  You need to go have lunch with Columbia man....

Have Pahokee or Glades Central  run through 6A or 8A South in November in modern day and come talk to me.

Hey we are top 10 all time in playoff appearances and wins if i recall correctly 

3 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

Rankings are subjective..Most people rank teams that fit their narratives/biases...Bigger schools are better or more rated players means a better team...The same with player rankings..A few years ago a kid won d-player of the year with 36 tackles and 4 sacks...when I saw a kid have 18 tackles (10 for loss) and 3 sacks in a single game that season. Pahokee had a kid with 23 sacks, on a state championship team (at the time) and didn't get a vote for defensive player of the year...It's all what fits your narrative 

Bigger schools are generally better particularly after you factor in depth of classifications.  That is why average at best Seminole Ridge and Boca Raton held their own with the best 1A team in the state last year.  How do you think Pahokee would have looked versus the 3A - 8A State Champions?

Pahokee and Glades Central were a anomaly.  Were.  They are not what they once were. Accept it.

Again...Pahokee and Glades Central USED to have 15 plus D1 player on their teams 10 -15 years ago.  Now they are lucky to have 5.  Bigger SFL powers usually have 15+.  Am I correct.   You can take your heart, beliefs and you can even take Rudy on your teams.  I'm taking the talent trumping those teams 9 out of 10 times.

I'm respecting the fact of how good the older Pahokee and Glades Central teams were , why can't people accept the reality of modern day??

Snubs for awards are one thing and can be political - I understand that.  But as far as talent and offers , you know damn well every recruiter in America is well of aware of the muck area. The talent is not what it used to be.  It may still be there but it is leaving for other teams of late.