Toughest 561 schedules

561_Fan

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Hey we are top 10 all time in playoff appearances and wins if i recall correctly 

All that history and no state championships in 50 years.....Why wouldn't Columbia currently beat STA?   Could it have anything to do with TALENT matchups?

Does Pahokee or Glades Central currently have the talent to match up with STA in modern day???

I'm respecting the fact of how good the older Pahokee and Glades Central teams were , why can't people accept the reality of modern day??

3 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Bigger schools are generally better particularly after you factor in depth of classifications.  That is why average at best Seminole Ridge and Boca Raton held their own with the best 1A team in the state last year.  How do you think Pahokee would have looked versus the 3A - 8A State Champions?

Pahokee and Glades Central were a anomaly.  Were.  They are not what they once were. Accept it.

Again...Pahokee and Glades Central USED to have 15 plus D1 player on their teams 10 -15 years ago.  Now they are lucky to have 5.  Bigger SFL powers usually have 15+.  Am I correct.   You can take your heart, beliefs and you can even take Rudy on your teams.  I'm taking the talent trumping those teams 9 out of 10 times.

Snubs for awards are one thing and can be political - I understand that.  But as far as talent and offers , you know damn well every recruiter in America is well of aware of the muck area. The talent is not what it used to be.  It may still be there but it is leaving for other teams of late.

Didn’t the sugar business change everything for both these schools? 

1 minute ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

All that history and no state championships in 50 years.....Why wouldn't Columbia currently beat STA?   Could it have anything to do with TALENT matchups?

Does Pahokee or Glades Central currently have the talent to match up with STA in modern day???

I'm respecting the fact of how good the older Pahokee and Glades Central teams were , why can't people accept the reality of modern day??

Part of that is the talent level of Florida has went up a bit since we won state and the teams far better than then 

Could we realistically win against a elite team like sta,  yes

Is it likely,  probably not but they play the game for a reason, but before we can worry about sta we need to get to Orlando first

2 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I think it is hard for anyone who has been a fan of a traditional power to see the changes in the HS football landscape over the past few years.  We will all just have to learn to live with it and really celebrate when the old schools have good runs.  

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Part of that is the talent level of Florida has went up a bit since we won state and the teams far better than then 

Could we realistically win against a elite team like sta,  yes

Is it likely,  probably not but they play the game for a reason, but before we can worry about sta we need to get to Orlando first

This is a better year than most to catch them...Now go take care of business!

6 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

I think it is hard for anyone who has been a fan of a traditional power to see the changes in the HS football landscape over the past few years.  We will all just have to learn to live with it and really celebrate when the old schools have good runs.  

I'm not not denying any of the well deserved history,tradition,  and appreciate the way the muck powers became nationally elite teams.  They are in a decent run now and should be still be respected as very good teams but I refuse to let it distort my opinion.  Keep in mind, I had no problem calling these teams top 100 and sometimes top 25 teams 10 - 15 years ago.  

Who's not accepting the truth??! I said big school football in Palm Beach county is overrated...Besides Dwyer and Palm Beach Gardens, no school 5A and Up has played in a state finals in over 20 years, let alone won. 

My point was the smaller classes dominate the county, the bigger schools are always overrated, and when they play a quality team in the playoffs they get exposed. 

15 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Is that your answer?   But you still have non-district openings.  For example with the old format Oxbridge did not need to play Flanagan and Carol City.  Dwyer had that opportunity to pursue the same caliber team in their non-district weeks, did they?  Did they ever in the last 25 years?

Stay full in belly, and take the easy route..- just win the District, maybe battle a 2 win Ely team, and once every blue moon beat a down STA team 6-3?

Now things have changed for the playoffs for 2017.  With the new format, who is Dwyer playing outside of the county?  

Wellington is playing Vero Beach this year.  My point is Wellington is not as an accomplished program as Dwyer but they still venture out to play great teams outside of PB County.  One would think Dwyer would have ambition to play beyond Jupiter and Boca Raton PB County borders.... No. In fact the last time Dwyer left PB County to play a regular season football game was 2010 in Glenville , OH.  No Treasure Coast, Tampa, Orlando, Jax powers ever. Ever.

To response:

1st Oxbridge by all means needed to play Carol City, Fort Pierce Central and others year 1 to get credibility locally because the year before they played in the same league as some of the smaller schools like Benjamin and etc. Year 2 they was force to play Carol city again because it was a 2 year contract which in year 3 this year they chose not to re-do that contract and play Cooper city instead? Dwyer around Oxbridge year 1 they was just coming off an 14-0 season capped with a state title so why they would need to go out and over schedule just coming off a state title but they did anyhow by playing AHP on ESPN the year following to answer your question about scheduling outside of Palm Beach County. It dont matter if its the county or not if you are scheduling the worst in any county does it matter if you do or don't? So I say again Oxbridge has the worst schedule from a power house team I have seen in recent years. I don't want to keep bashing cooper city so i will stop but Centennial, Royal palm beach, Palm Beach lakes who just recently loss one of the best athletes in the state, Everglades, Flanagan, Lake Worth? Just flat out embarrassing when Chaminade, American Heritage and Central Melbourne playing teams that can challenge them     

4 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

Who's not accepting the truth??! I said big school football in Palm Beach county is overrated...Besides Dwyer and Palm Beach Gardens, no school 5A and Up has played in a state finals in over 20 years, let alone won. 

My point was the smaller classes dominate the county, the bigger schools are always overrated, and when they play a quality team in the playoffs they get exposed. 

I'll give you that .. I think the last big school in Palm Beach to get close was Palm Beach Gardens when they lost to South Dade?

1 minute ago, Zoe Boy said:

I'll give you that .. I think the last big school in Palm Beach to get close was Palm Beach Gardens when they lost to South Dade?

That was 2013, The last time Dwyer won state...The 5A and up classes never travel out of the county in the regular season, so they don't really know how good of a team they have. The only time they travel out of the county is usually the third round of the playoffs (the first 2 rounds are usually against 561 teams and the third round is Dade/Broward) and that's were their seasons usually end. 

I'm just calling a spade a spade.

2 hours ago, Chotsani said:

To response:

1st Oxbridge by all means needed to play Carol City, Fort Pierce Central and others year 1 to get credibility locally because the year before they played in the same league as some of the smaller schools like Benjamin and etc. Year 2 they was force to play Carol city again because it was a 2 year contract which in year 3 this year they chose not to re-do that contract and play Cooper city instead? Dwyer around Oxbridge year 1 they was just coming off an 14-0 season capped with a state title so why they would need to go out and over schedule just coming off a state title but they did anyhow by playing AHP on ESPN the year following to answer your question about scheduling outside of Palm Beach County. It dont matter if its the county or not if you are scheduling the worst in any county does it matter if you do or don't? So I say again Oxbridge has the worst schedule from a power house team I have seen in recent years. I don't want to keep bashing cooper city so i will stop but Centennial, Royal palm beach, Palm Beach lakes who just recently loss one of the best athletes in the state, Everglades, Flanagan, Lake Worth? Just flat out embarrassing when Chaminade, American Heritage and Central Melbourne playing teams that can challenge them     

Most contracts are two years - not sure if you were aware of that?

As to Oxbridge playing Carol City for a third year in a row, is it possible Carol City had other things they want to take care of as well?

You're going to sit here and shun a 3A school for actually FULFILLING a two year contract, choosing not to play Carol City (perhaps not even their choice) a third year and a 7A team like Dwyer has not played outside of Palm Beach County in their 26 year existance?   What about the other 6,7, 8A PB County schools???  Really??

Flanagan was a two year deal that Oxbridge picked up in the late 2016 summer . Playing the defending 8A State Champion back to back - not required.  

They also played @ West Orange in 2016 who in 2015 was a strong 8A team - not required.

Was playing IMG last year required???

At this point you can ask just about anyone from this board (particularly the Broward and Dade guys) who they respect in Palm Beach County scheduling speaking and most will mention Oxbridge Academy first, Pahokee AHD and Glades Central.

I doubt anyone will ever mention a team like Dwyer.  No matter how we get to that point or one's reasoning, it is what it is.  Until Dwyer grows some baulz they will never have respect as SFL elite to most.

8 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Flanagan was a two year deal that Oxbridge picked up in the late 2016 summer . Playing the defending 8A State Champion back to back - not required.  

They also played @ West Orange in 2016 who in 2015 was a strong 8A team - not required.

Was playing IMG last year required???

At this point you can ask just about anyone from this board (particularly the Broward and Dade guys) and they) who they respect in Palm Beach County scheduling speaking and most will mention Oxbridge Academy first, Pahokee AHD and Glades Central.

I doubt anyone will ever mention a team like Dwyer.  No matter how we get to that point or one's reasoning, it is what it is.  Until Dwyer grows some baulz they will never have respect as SFL elite to most.

Every Time I answer 1 question you go off on another Topic Lol?

Again The comment initially was about this YEAR OXBRIDGE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE and you go back to who they schedules last year or two years ago? we are talking about this year Oxbridge Schedule and no one from Miami to Tallahassee will respect this year Oxbridge schedule stop going off subject with them playing IMG last year or them playing Carol city 2 years ago and etc. talk about this year schedule along please.   

8 minutes ago, Chotsani said:

Every Time I answer 1 question you go off on another Topic Lol?

Again The comment initially was about this YEAR OXBRIDGE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE and you go back to who they schedules last year or two years ago? we are talking about this year Oxbridge Schedule and no one from Miami to Tallahassee will respect this year Oxbridge schedule stop going off subject with them playing IMG last year or them playing Carol city 2 years ago and etc. talk about this year schedule along please.   

Tell me one team on Dwyer's schedule that sniff's Archbishop Wood for starters.  Oxbridge travelling to play the top team out of PA is further damn road miles than all of the 6, 7 , 8A PB County teams will travel combined this year, or I could suggest a better non-conference road  team than Dwyer has  played in the regular season in many moons....

2 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Tell me one team on Dwyer's schedule that sniff's Archbishop Wood for starters.  Oxbridge travelling to play the top team out of PA is further damn road miles than all of the 6, 7 , 8A PB County teams will travel combined this year, or I could suggest a better non-conference road  team than Dwyer has ever played in the regular season.  

Compare and Contrast Since you keep bringing up Dwyer in this argument for whatever reason 

Dwyer

Miami Central

Park Vista

Atlantic

Glades Central

Palm Beach Lakes 

Palm Beach Gardens

Olympic Heights

Wellington

Forest Hill

Royal Palm Beach

West Boca Raton

OXbridge

Lake Worth

Archbishop Wood

Flanagan

Royal Palm Beach

University School

Cooper City

Glades Central

Centennial West

Fort Myers

Everglades Prep Academy

Palm Beach Lakes

4 minutes ago, Chotsani said:

Im not arguing the fact that in past years they did schedule well but this year is embarrassing 

We know it hurts,  that teams like 7A Dwyer just can't gain the respect of 3A teams like Oxbridge Academy.  We know it hurts that Oxbridge chooses to play the big boys win or lose.  Dwyer will eventually play Oxbridge , once they begin to fall.   Do you know why I know that?

Dwyer historically has played Pahokee TWICE.  Do you know when Dwyer finally picked up the phone on that one???

2009 and 2010 the years Pahokee goes 6-5 and 3-8 coincidentally and yes Dwyer bullied and smashed them both years.

Now in all of the other 26 years of Dwyer's existence , including the last couple years....Dwyer never played Pahokee.

Is that a coincidence that playing they chose to play the small local power when they were down?  Do you find it odd that Pahokee being arguably one of, if not the most established, and accomplished teams in Palm Beach County has only had two opportunities historically (in their worst years)  to play a modern day Palm Beach bully like Dwyer?

34 minutes ago, Chotsani said:

Compare and Contrast Since you keep bringing up Dwyer in this argument for whatever reason 

Dwyer

Miami Central - Don't even go there with this BS that happens every year!  Not part of the regular season...

Park Vista - 2016 8A playoff team

Atlantic - 2016 8A playoff team

Glades Central - 2016 4A playoff team

Palm Beach Lakes  - 2016 7A playoff team

Palm Beach Gardens - 2016 7A playoff team

Olympic Heights - average 7A 2016 team

Wellington - 8A playoff team

Forest Hill - 2 win 2016 team should be improved

Royal Palm Beach - 4 win 2016 team should be improved

West Boca Raton - No comment.

OXbridge

Lake Worth -  Preseason walk through

Archbishop Wood - Arguably the best scheduled team anyone in all of  PB County plays.

Flanagan - Broward playoff and 8A power that recently fell out to pretty much nothing. 2nd year of contract.

Royal Palm Beach - 4 win 2016 team should be improved

University School - 2016 - 7 win Broward 4A team that should be improved

Cooper City - 7A Broward playoff team

Glades Central - 4A playoff team that Dwyer stopped doing business with after their 2014 loss to them but finally has decided to play them again.

Centennial West - 2016 2 win punching bag

Fort Myers -  6A Playoff team

Everglades Prep Academy -  4 win punching bag.

Palm Beach Lakes - 2016 7A playoff team

Dwyer with 7 playoff teams, Oxbridge with 5 including 3 Broward teams.

Oxbridge  plays the better overall team.

Common non-conf opponents: Royal Palm Beach PB Lakes, Glades Central.

Dwyer arguably has the stronger schedule.  Oxbridge clearly has the bigger baulz.