STORY: IMG Academy overcomes mistakes, Carol City in preseason win

Joshua Wilson

We will see most ppl thought it would've been CC but they was down 41-14 great teams can make mistakes and make adjustments this was img first game since what Nov or Betty yet I think they played ER for spring either way these are still kids and they will make mistakes no matter how big and bad your program is ...i believe they will only get better from here 

Just now, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

We will see most ppl thought it would've been CC but they was down 41-14 great teams can make mistakes and make adjustments this was img first game since what Nov or Betty yet I think they played ER for spring either way these are still kids and they will make mistakes no matter how big and bad your program is ...i believe they will only get better from here 

Just because they talented don't mean they can't lose lol

There is no current team in the nation who can't be beaten at any level of sports 

I don't see IMG losing.  Mistakes or not, IMG destroyed a very big and very strong Carol City team at the LOS.   They are massive, and now they actually have truly talented RBs to run behind them.   Also their secondary and defense in general is playing very aggressive and not playing basic schemes.   Don't see them losing.   I really really hope I'm wrong.  I think they take Chandler to the woodshed along with just about everyone else. 

14 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I don't see IMG losing.  Mistakes or not, IMG destroyed a very big and very strong Carol City team at the LOS.   They are massive, and now they actually have truly talented RBs to run behind them.   Also their secondary and defense in general is playing very aggressive and not playing basic schemes.   Don't see them losing.   I really really hope I'm wrong.  I think they take Chandler to the woodshed along with just about everyone else. 

Every time a team looks unbeatable they will end up facing a test while expecting a easy game then get caught

I said before the season it will happen and im not backing down on that,  if I'm wrong I'll eat my crow but i still feel img will be caught at some point this year 

IMG had more penalties than rushing yards in the first half.  Over 80 penalty yards if I am not mistaken.  Although undisciplined, this to me early season versus a South Florida power also may be a sign the coaching  has adjusted/acclimated to the aggressive way SFL powers play - particularly defensively.  The game versus AHP 2 years ago was a game in which they were kind of punched in the mouth and weren't quite sure the best way to respond based on the body language from what I saw in that game... 2 years later, playing several SFL teams over the years, has probably taught the IMG staff and players more inclination to play more aggressive out of the gates.  Factor that with the talent and you have a very formidable foe.

10 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

IMG had more penalties than rushing yards in the first half.  Over 80 penalty yards if I am not mistaken.  Although undisciplined, this to me early season versus a South Florida power also may be a sign the coaching  has adjusted/acclimated to the aggressive way SFL powers play - particularly defensively.  The game versus AHP 2 years ago was a game in which they were kind of punched in the mouth and weren't quite sure the best way to respond based on the body language from what I saw in that game... 2 years later, playing several SFL teams over the years, has probably taught the IMG staff and players more inclination to play more aggressive out of the gates.  Factor that with the talent and you have a very formidable foe.

I wonder if this was CC beating img would we be on comment 13 or comment 300 lol

47 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

I wonder if this was CC beating img would we be on comment 13 or comment 300 lol

Valid point.  It is what I have been mentioning of pre-season football big games....  We are naturally inclined to favor and discuss results/outcomes that appeal to us- particularly to the masses.  Unfortunately, if the  $#1^ hits the fan that is unfavorable to many, the game no longer  holds validity, like it was just a bad dream or something...

The facts are IMG played a top 25 national team in a competitive 1st half and pretty much bullied them in the second.  There has been a lot of discussion of how IMG fair's against the best in FL, and there has been a lot of discussion over the summer on how serious pre-season games should be taken and most concluded that big games are taken very serious by both teams.  That said, and in this board's own favorable opinions of such games:

IMG should officially have the most impressive win in the state to date - by far-  and it should be noted.  They beat arguably the best team available to play them in FL by a large margin.  Those are facts that should not be ignored.  It happened.

8 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Valid point.  It is what I have been mentioning of pre-season football big games....  We are naturally inclined to favor and discuss results/outcomes that appeal to us- particularly to the masses.  Unfortunately, if the  $#1^ hits the fan that is unfavorable to many, the game no longer  holds validity, like it was just a bad dream or something...

The facts are IMG played a top 25 national team in a competitive 1st half and pretty much bullied them in the second.  There has been a lot of discussion of how IMG fair's against the best in FL, and there has been a lot of discussion over the summer on how serious pre-season games should be taken and most concluded that big games are taken very serious by both teams.  That said, and in this board's own favorable opinions of such games:

IMG should officially have the most impressive win in the state to date - by far-  and it should be noted.  They beat arguably the best team available to play them in FL by a large margin.  Those are facts that should not be ignored.  It happened.

Exactly because if it was the other way around CC would have been heavily praised and iMG would have been rail roaded to know end about them being frauds & that that's what happens when u play the "Best of the best in Fl" but since they did what Img does it's like crap "over look" let's hope Mnw or central gets them ...like it or not img is the beast of Fl like it or not

1 minute ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Exactly because if it was the other way around CC would have been heavily praised and iMG would have been rail roaded to know end about them being frauds & that that's what happens when u play the "Best of the best in Fl" but since they did what Img does it's like crap "over look" let's hope Mnw or central gets them ...like it or not img is the beast of Fl like it or not

They are the best of the nation 

5 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

They might be a beast but so is Alabama or New England but both can lose

Img can lose just like they can 

the coaches carol city had last year are better in my opinion than the current staff.. ALL of those coaches are gone plus most of that defense... Cogdell is a helluva defensive coordinator that's gone. Most of that defense is young. Img only scored 17 points on them last year. IF IMG beats NW this year it will not be by much... They are good but can be beat... If they are so good why are they resorting to fake punts in kickoff clsssic?? I can't wait for this game..

3 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

central getting blowed out i saw them play already. No qb, questionable oline and no dbs.... u might see 50 put on them when they play IMG and Gorman

1 hour ago, topnotch305 said:

central getting blowed out i saw them play already. No qb, questionable oline and no dbs.... u might see 50 put on them when they play IMG and Gorman

So that mean Dwyer must be terrible cuz Central put it on them & I called a blow out by BG from day 1 but other ppl on this board said central was back which is why the schedule this tough schedule 

41 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

So that mean Dwyer must be terrible cuz Central put it on them & I called a blow out by BG from day 1 but other ppl on this board said central was back which is why the schedule this tough schedule 

Dywer is probably no better than last year if we get down to it

Gorman will probably have no trouble with central but with img playing central and northwestern back to back and centennial like a week or 2 earlier i see that stretch nicking a loss on img

Personally i prefer it be a Florida team just like i rather sta lose to a Florida team

Keep losses in state, boosts us with more elite teams and shows we better than any other state 

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Dywer is probably no better than last year if we get down to it

Gorman will probably have no trouble with central but with img playing central and northwestern back to back and centennial like a week or 2 earlier i see that stretch nicking a loss on img

Personally i prefer it be a Florida team just like i rather sta lose to a Florida team

Keep losses in state, boosts us with more elite teams and shows we better than any other state 

But it still would b by a team full of transfers & start talent not just a normal school wit normal talent

Just now, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

But it still would b by a team full of transfers & start talent not just a normal school wit normal talent

Yes I'm aware

New England and Alabama same way but how often they go undefeated despite being the league's most talented team 

Just because you have most talent don't make you incapable of losing

22 hours ago, 954gator said:

Carol City IMO played their hearts out.  I was pretty impressed with how they kept fighting. 

I'm guessing Nayqwn right was injured or suspended or something?  He def didn't play.  

He still recovering from off season surgery... He could of help big time..

3 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

It wont take long to find out what they made of lol. Some may think I'm talking crazy but you will see... They have a good dline and cook of course. But the schedule they have their gonna need more than that!