Columbia vs Gainesville

DisabledAccount

In Columbia's oldest rivarly and most competitive one and this will be first matchup of these 2 schools for the school year and a matchup that both recently and all time have been in Columbia favor

Columbia leads all time in series at 33-21-3 record and the first recorded matchup was 1911

Recently Columbia is on a 4 game win streak and most importantly 

2013 49-7

2015 57-38

Previous 2 times at tiger Stadium 

Expect this to be a war and with last year reciever from Columbia Taureen Hill transferring to Gainesville this season this game might be even more physical this year 

This game will be live streamed at https://twitter.com/sports_CHSLC?s=09

I will also do a pregame show starting 30 minutes before kickoff weather permitting 

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

I think you may be catching the Hurricanes at their best. They pounded a pretty good Bay team 40-6. Passed for nearly 200 yards and had three interceptions. Of course, once again, it was a preseason game.

Panama City decent but from looking at schedule from last year they lost to the only teams i would put at Gainesville level 

West Florida 44-9 L

Rickards 42-7 L

And a semi close loss (if 13 points considered close) to Gadsen County   20-7 L who would been lower than where i would place Gainesville 

Plus no offense but Panama Bay wins last year weren't overly impressive, they were beating mostly decent at best panhandle teams and are probably middle of the pack this year 

Gainesville did do well against them but Columbia vs Panama city is 2 different type of matchups, we probably just played and beat a team on level of Lee, granted backups finished win for us but still,  and Gainesville beat a team who might be comparative to a average-decent panhandle team 

Plus our pass rush will be more aggressive and dangourous then Bay was and hard to forget we left Gainesville last year with -22 rushing yards,  Gainesville will be tested big time next Friday and i look forward to rivalry being renewed

6 minutes ago, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

If they where winning with starters in and pulled them and you won vs backups you belive you beat raines?

We had 13 straight points scored and went down the field the previous drive on raines and got to 10 yard line before a failed 4th conversion, and we had the ball when we began drive before 4th quarter hit and starters were pulled

I feel we could have won with starters but we may never know 

What was with trenton, didn't expect a shutout in that game

8 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Panama City decent but from looking at schedule from last year they lost to the only teams i would put at Gainesville level 

West Florida 44-9 L

Rickards 42-7 L

And a semi close loss (if 13 points considered close) to Gadsen County   20-7 L who would been lower than where i would place Gainesville 

Plus no offense but Panama Bay wins last year weren't overly impressive, they were beating mostly decent at best panhandle teams and are probably middle of the pack this year 

Gainesville did do well against them but Columbia vs Panama city is 2 different type of matchups, we probably just played and beat a team on level of Lee, granted backups finished win for us but still,  and Gainesville beat a team who might be comparative to a average-decent panhandle team 

Plus our pass rush will be more aggressive and dangourous then Bay was and hard to forget we left Gainesville last year with -22 rushing yards,  Gainesville will be tested big time next Friday and i look forward to rivalry being renewed

I was in no way finding fault with Columbia. I'm a big fan of Columbia. Just adding to your original post information on the Gainesville team since you seemed to be evaluating your game against them coming up. I deal in reality and facts and tell it like it is. Bay is a fairly decent team and certainly not a pushover. Of course they are not in the same league as Columbia as Columbia is a top tier 7A team and Bay is a middle tier 5A team. But, when any team scores 40 points against another, in one half of play, it's to be noted and considered. Think that this Gainesville team will be more like the team of 2012 than the team of 2016. I'm quite sure that Columbia will be ready for the Hurricanes in any instance.

16 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I was in no way finding fault with Columbia. I'm a big fan of Columbia. Just adding to your original post information on the Gainesville team since you seemed to be evaluating your game against them coming up. I deal in reality and facts and tell it like it is. Bay is a fairly decent team and certainly not a pushover. Of course they are not in the same league as Columbia as Columbia is a top tier 7A team and Bay is a middle tier 5A team. But, when any team scores 40 points against another, in one half of play, it's to be noted and considered. Think that this Gainesville team will be more like the team of 2012 than the team of 2016. I'm quite sure that Columbia will be ready for the Hurricanes in any instance.

I'm sorry if i sounded aggressive with statement and i know you werent critizing Columbia i was just bringing up that even though Gainesville beat a decent team they still will have a big step up this week and this game won't come as easy as the game with Panama City was 

I feel that Columbia playing at home and not the intense citizens field probably gives us a advantage considering how easily we won last 2 times they came here

Honestly even though Suwannee our offical rivarly i don't see Suwannee as the same kind of rivarly as i see Gainesville

I get 10 times more fired up for a rivarly game with Gainesville then Suwannee, like last year when our softball team came back from 6-0 down to beat Gainesville in playoffs and end their dreams of going back to back state championships, that was probably my favorite moment of the year because to beat Gainesville in a playoff game and take something from them made me feel better from 2012 where gainesville took our opportunity at a 10-0 regular season, heck last year i punched a fence at citizens field just because we didn't beat them as bad as i wanted to see lol 

Still have a peice of skin at citizens field, and still a small scar on my knuckle lol

I see Gainesville as a fierce rivarly,  Suwannee at least in football has not proven to be at same level as us which honestly makes the rivarly feel stale, until Suwannee can start being a tougher challenge then i don't see them as our top rival

13 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

If I have time during the week, I will watch it. Columbia's offense looks pretty good from the highlights. Would you say the D is the weak spot or was Gainesville just good on offence?

I wouldnt say that entirely, the secondary needs reps to improve since all 4 are first year starters but Columbia talent on defense is good but needs time but i felt we did better than previous week but kinda eased off the gas after getting a lead on Gainesville 

Something you can see during film is a lot of short fields because Gainesville had good special teams which put defense with a challange throughout the game 

Edit:

We do have a transfer from Suwannee who played db there but still 3 first year starters unless there more transfers I'm unaware of