I'm not gonna spend too much time talking about the game there really is no need to. Good luck to Middleburg on the rest of the season. There will be better days ahead for that program.

Now the real journey begins.

Teams at Fleming Island are measured by three things: District Championships, Regional Championships, and State Championships. The Golden Eagles of Fleming Island will start the chase for goal number one this upcoming week when they play the Bobcats of Bucholz.

I personally believe that if Fleming Island won their district these past two years and played some if not all playoff games at home we would have represented the North in at least one of the past two seasons in Orlando for the 7A State Title. In 2011 Fleming Island lost in OT on the road against First Coast. First Coast went on that year to lose to Manatee in the championship. That season we did not win the district championship and in return we ended our season earlier than we wanted to. The following year we lost to Lincoln in the first round. We did not play sound defense at all last year and they exposed that. We played them tough they controlled most of the game but we never were out of it. Late in that game we still had a chance to win. Lincoln went on to play for the state title. Again that season we did not win a district title and ended our season earlier than we wanted to. I think it is overwhelmingly fair to say that if those games were played at Fleming Island we would have won at least one of those two games. Fleming Island is the toughest place to win a football game if you are the opposing team in Northeast Florida. Fleming Island is 1-4 on the road and 6-1 at home in the playoffs.

That said, Joker99 expects nothing short of a district championship. Anything short of a district championship will be considered a disappointment. This is not a football program that prides itself on coming in second place. When Fleming Island designates a place where district titles, state titles, and regional championships will be honored, don't expect there to be a column that says runner-up because I'll tear it down myself if there is.

The last time Fleming Island played Bucholz it was in the regular season in 2008 it was an elimination game, winner got into the playoffs/loser missed the playoffs. Fleming Island lost that game and missed the playoffs that year. That was the last time Fleming Island missed the playoffs.

we went to 5 7on7 tourney last summer and are now enjoying one of the biggest turn arounds in program history. off season accountability starts with competition, and 7on7 is the best thing next to padded camps (which we cannot afford)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• I was actually itching to treat some wager some money on some sports matches that are happening above-board now. I wanted to let you guys identify that I did spot what I ruminate on to be the kindest site in the USA. If you fall short of to get in on the spirit, check it out-moded: [url=https://pokeronline.guru/online-gambling/]https://pokeronline.guru/online-gambling/[/url]
    • Perhaps the best RB in Tampa Bay iin 2023 saw his program close, and is looking for a home. If he stays in the area,Venice is a good bet. (Lakeland may be as well).
    • And if that same newsletter asked the Osceola County Sheriff Department, what do you think the response would be? If you asked, members of the Chamber of Commerce? (Essentially a union of businesses) If you asked a group of nurses? If you asked a group of lawyers? Also a union cares about the working conditions of their members, but the working conditions of teachers are the learning conditions of students as well. People are attracted to careers because of the values that come with those careers. Political Parties attract people based on their values. So it shouldn't be surprising that certain professions attract certain people in certain careers. You act as if the principal's first question when we have a 5,000+ teachers shortage in this state is "who do you vote for? And are you a member of the union?"
    • I feel like y'all are always solid so I don't see y'all going no worse than 7-3. Biggest question mark for Cocoa is their O-line since they are only returning 1 and on the defensive side they only return their blue chip edge in their front 7 
    • Coach Wiseman, let me just preface this by saying that you were the best HC Sarasota's program has had in the last 20+ years. You brought them from being a perpetual losing program to the doorstep of competing with Venice for a district title and a deep playoff run. SHS will curse the day they fired you now that they are back in a rut. You are a true class act, and nothing will ever convince me otherwise.  Our backfield is certainly sparse right now. We do have Dorian Jones, a rising sophomore runningback whom did considerably well considering his limited playing time last season. Our offense will need an overhaul with the graduation of 3 offensive linemen and almost our entire receiving corps. Our defensive line will be strong with the return of Ke'shawn Vaughn, Elijah Jones, and Asharri Charles. Our linebacking corps graduates virtually everybody but should have at least one bright spot with the return of Ben Zarkawiecz. Our defensive backfield is still a work in progress with the graduation of Lester and Platt. At the moment, we have more question marks than exclamation points. And that's not a good feeling with the kind of competition Venice is going to face. 
  • Popular Contributors