Any stream for Central vs Chaminade tonight?

954gator

I was following JT Wilcox updates on Twitter from this game and I was amazed at the platoon of RBs Central has this year. It seemed every other running play was a different RB running the ball. Wilcox even mentioned in a tweet that they have 18 RBs so they better be good at it. Not sure if he was being sarcastic or not but Central seems for real again this year. Can't wait to see them and IMG lock up next month, that game could very well be a lot better then what some think it will be. 

5 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

And what are/were you basing that off?  Tonight's August 24th outcome?

You are probably looking at 3 of the top 5 teams in the state (outside of IMG)  They can all beat each other and the 4th team in the District is capable of upsetting one of them.  I'm not agreeing or denying....My point, talk to me in November on that topic. Does not make sense to draw conclusion now which is what it sound on your statement of :

"Dillard, img talented but beatable, carol City is probably 3rd best of those district teams this year and fell apart, both central and northwestern will put up a bigger fight then Carol City "

Well i ranked these teams first week of August so i wouldn't have any games to base it on but this weekend when i update rankings I'll be taking this week into account 

I was at the game last night. And in my unbaised opinion MC still has a lot of work to do. I saw some very good things and some very bad things. Good: Offensive line played well. QB play was impressive. WR's made plays. Would be more impressive if they ran more than go routes. Playcalling had some new wrinkles(FINALLY) with 3 backs in at one time, now it's a pick your poison situation. And what can I say about the RB's that hasn't already been said. Defense front 7, if they can get consistent pass rush that will create a lot of problems for teams. I like the transfer connection from Flanagan, especially Hunter. The kid has real football IQ. Now the bad: Playcalling overall has to get better. At times it was and has been vanilla. Disguise the offense, make the defense think sometimes. They have a loaded gun(no pun intended) on offense...unload it. Don't hold anything back! Those DB's NEED to learn how to turn their heads when covering. It's good that you can run with them but you also have to defend. Special teams SUCKS! No if's, and's, or but's. To decline the kicks out of bounds twice was STUPID! And then you muff it on the third attempt. Hopefully they can work on those things and adjust because Ice Harris was in the stands just below me and he was watching. I still feel that Central is going to make a run that will surprise a lot of people. But time will tell.

1 hour ago, MC Rockets said:

I was at the game last night. And in my unbaised opinion MC still has a lot of work to do. I saw some very good things and some very bad things. Good: Offensive line played well. QB play was impressive. WR's made plays. Would be more impressive if they ran more than go routes. Playcalling had some new wrinkles(FINALLY) with 3 backs in at one time, now it's a pick your poison situation. And what can I say about the RB's that hasn't already been said. Defense front 7, if they can get consistent pass rush that will create a lot of problems for teams. I like the transfer connection from Flanagan, especially Hunter. The kid has real football IQ. Now the bad: Playcalling overall has to get better. At times it was and has been vanilla. Disguise the offense, make the defense think sometimes. They have a loaded gun(no pun intended) on offense...unload it. Don't hold anything back! Those DB's NEED to learn how to turn their heads when covering. It's good that you can run with them but you also have to defend. Special teams SUCKS! No if's, and's, or but's. To decline the kicks out of bounds twice was STUPID! And then you muff it on the third attempt. Hopefully they can work on those things and adjust because Ice Harris was in the stands just below me and he was watching. I still feel that Central is going to make a run that will surprise a lot of people. But time will tell.

Me and Broward was there last night.. I would of came and holla at you.. Man I agree with everything you stated... The qb grew a lot from last year, the way he was throwing those deep balls was money!! Oline looked way different from spring defense was solid but like you said, the coaching scares me.. When will Central stop being stubborn and play some other defense of formation instead of Playing that "Dade County defense"... For the other guys that don't know what's a Dade County defense is 5-2-4 playing straight man across the board... I mean I grew up playing that defense but when I started coaching at a Broward school I learn some other defense of formations...But dbs got some speed and can stay with WRs but they not teaching them to keep that one arm on the WRs waist... They need to feel where the WRs at... that first td Chaminade had that was just a perfect pass and you couldn't defend that any better... But yea they were a lot of schools I saw out there... Even flanigan which I couldn't believe. They looked like a lil league team .. Seriously! Football is back fellas!!

10 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Does that change your opinion of Chaminade in any way as 3a favorite? 

Columbia,

If you're asking me does Miami Central pounding Chaminade in week 1 mean that I don't view them as the favorite for Class 3A? No- it doesn't. It's one game. Chaminade is still #1 in 3A and still the favorite by a wide margin. You have to especially take into consideration no 3A team has the depth, line size and skill of Miami Central.

The issue right now with Chaminade is that the regular season is going to be a unfair to them by having to play 7A, 8A and national powerhouses each week. The concept that Daemon Jones (coach at Chaminade) is going with is, if they survive then 3A should be cake- but 3A has some heavy hitters that may not be able to beat a 100% healthy Chaminade, but can beat a Chaminade at 70%.

While I do think a lot of people on this message board and in general (myself included) give Chaminade major kudos for stepping up their schedule- I'm of the belief they did not do this willingly, they did this because nobody else would play them except for the Miami Central's of the world. That's the problem with stacking your team so much in 3A, you're at the mercy of your schedule since there are no districts- you're on the hook for scheduling all 10 games. JaxTCA saw the writing on the wall and wisely moved to 5A.

I promise you, if Chaminade wins a state title or two they'll be in the same boat at JaxTCA, you'll be reading about them going up to 5A just to get games scheduled against non-national powerhouses.

1 minute ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Columbia,

If you're asking me does Miami Central pounding Chaminade in week 1 mean that I don't view them as the favorite for Class 3A? No- it doesn't. It's one game. Chaminade is still #1 in 3A and still the favorite by a wide margin. You have to especially take into consideration no 3A team has the depth, line size and skill of Miami Central.

The issue right now with Chaminade is that the regular season is going to be a unfair to them by having to play 7A, 8A and national powerhouses each week. The concept that Daemon Jones (coach at Chaminade) is going with is, if they survive then 3A should be cake- but 3A has some heavy hitters that may not be able to beat a 100% healthy Chaminade, but can beat a Chaminade at 70%.

While I do think a lot of people on this message board and in general (myself included) give Chaminade major kudos for stepping up their schedule- I'm of the belief they did not do this willingly, they did this because nobody else would play them except for the Miami Central's of the world. That's the problem with stacking your team so much in 3A, you're at the mercy of your schedule since there are no districts- you're on the hook for scheduling all 10 games. JaxTCA saw the writing on the wall and wisely moved to 5A.

I promise you, if Chaminade wins a state title or two they'll be in the same boat at JaxTCA, you'll be reading about them going up to 5A just to get games scheduled against non-national powerhouses.

Not exactly winning state i mean by the margin of 3 tds better than any 3a team

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Not exactly winning state i mean by the margin of 3 tds better than any 3a team

Speaking for 8:50 am on 8/25...

I believe Chaminade is the best team in 3A- I do not believe they are 3 TD's better than MCC, CCC, Oxbridge, AHD. They are 3 or more TD's better than every other team in 3A.

2 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Columbia,

Honestly 5a will continue getting better with this new system since teams will move up there in order to get a few guaranteed games,  5a is a class on the rise

11 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Dillard, img talented but beatable, carol City is probably 3rd best of those district teams this year and fell apart, both central and northwestern will put up a bigger fight then Carol City 

I dunno man.   IMHO for a team to beat IMG you have to have a lethal quick strike passing game.   I love Central and I'll be pulling hard for them, but you just aren't going to be able to run comfortably against them.   Central will need to be able to change it up a bit against them.  Also, can't muff kicks or give them any freebies.   Have to play sound all around.

Not sure about CC being 3rd in that dostrict either.   I came away impressed with them to be honest.   

Just now, 954gator said:

I dunno man.   IMHO for a team to beat IMG you have to have a lethal quick strike passing game.   I love Central and I'll be pulling hard for them, but you just aren't going to be able to run comfortably against them.   Central will need to be able to change it up a bit against them.  Also, can't muff kicks or give them any freebies.   Have to play sound all around.

Not sure about CC being 3rd in that dostrict either.   I came away impressed with them to be honest.   

Which team you think has best shot at img? 

4 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

I believe Chaminade is the best team in 3A- I do not believe they are 3 TD's better than MCC, CCC, Oxbridge, AHD. They are 3 or more TD's better than every other team in 3A.

As long as the 3a finals is a close game i have no problem with Chaminade Madonna winning 3a but we don't need any blowouts at states lol

17 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

As long as the 3a finals is a close game i have no problem with Chaminade Madonna winning 3a but we don't need any blowouts at states lol

What kind of statement is that? Ok i agree we don't like blow outs in state but how can you stop it?

1 hour ago, MC Rockets said:

@  MC Rockets...I know you are a die-hard Roc guy, have seen the best and expect the best year in and year out but keep in mind overall it was a good sign that the Rockets played  opened the regular season in that fashion. There will be bigger dragons to slay but over 500 Offensive yards, over 300 on the ground and I thought the RB rotation is basically a 4 headed monster.  The QB had some great protection, time and I think the flys will evolve with the season.  Also, was that Central's regular starting QB?

Defensively, I thought the 5-2 pass rush was a nightmare for Chaminade.  I believe Flanagan ran the same at them last year and it proved to be very effective versus the CM OL.  Several former Flanagan kids started and got run, but that #14 Dwayne Boyles was an absolute terror on the DE and stood out to me defensively.

Not the largest crowd, best weather, but great atmosphere and felt great to return to Traz Powell.  On another note, I used to take Red Road or University down to Traz and did not know 75/Gratigney Parkway basically takes you almost literally into MDC North and the stadium.  No traffic on the road because I was going east to the game and a breeze at night.  I think I made back up to my exit on the Sawgrass in about 25 minutes.  I will definitely be taking that route in the future.  If I only knew I could get to Traz faster than some parts of Broward to watch game....SMH how many big games I missed :(...

4 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

@  MC Rockets...I know you are a die-hard Roc guy, have seen the best and expect the best year in and year out but keep in mind overall it was a good sign that the Rockets played  opened the regular season in that fashion. There will be bigger dragons to slay but over 500 Offensive yards, over 300 on the ground and I thought the RB rotation is basically a 4 headed monster.  The QB had some great protection, time and I think the flys will evolve with the season.  Also, was that Central's regular starting QB?

Defensively, I thought the 5-2 pass rush was a nightmare for Chaminade.  I believe Flanagan ran the same at them last year and it proved to be very effective versus the CM OL.  Several former Flanagan kids started and got run, but that #14 Dwayne Boyles was an absolute terror on the DE and stood out to me defensively.

Not the largest crowd, best weather, but great atmosphere and felt great to return to Traz Powell.  On another note, I used to take Red Road or University down to Traz and did not know 75/Gratigney Parkway basically takes you almost literally into MDC North and the stadium.  No traffic on the road because I was going east to the game and a breeze at night.  I think I made back up to my exit on the Sawgrass in about 25 minutes.  I will definitely be taking that route in the future.  If I only knew I could get to Traz faster than some parts of Broward to watch game....SMH how many big games I missed :(...

Lmao! Mybad Broward I should of been put u up on game with the gratieny

56 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Tough match up for them SPCJessica2004, and I would agree with you.  There is going to be a lot more time for those CM WRs to operate when they face the teams that you listed.  QB Menard was pressured a lot last night had several nice passes in traffic and to me protected the ball well.  The Xavier Williams and Maurice Alexander (another Flanagan transfer) were somewhat having their way with the Central DBs, they just did not have any time to run more than a 20 yard route.  They both still managed probably a combined 150+ yards and found paydirt. On a unfortunate note CM WR Akeem Hayes (Ely transfer) left in a ambulance with what appeared to be a severe arm injury.  Hopefully, the young man can make a recovery and return this season.

Miramar next week for the Lions...

17 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Yes. That is their regular starting QB.

2 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Columbia,

This is basically what I have been trying to say with Oxbidge right now.  They had a very challenging schedule last year with the big boys and could not even get local teams like Dwyer to play them.  Oxbridge held up strong early season with two impressive wins and as the year went on, so did the injuries.  They probably only played CM in the playoffs at 80-85% with several injuries to lineman.  Not good.

I just hope CM does not become Oxbridge 2.0 (2016)  .

Oxbridge meanwhile scheduled their hardest 2017 opponent in Week 1 and although not as strong as 2016 on paper, will likely head into the post-season healthier and more prepared for a November run. 

Looking at CM roster size alone last night versus Central's was very noticeable.  I am not sure CM even dressed 35 players...

10 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Had the pleasure of catching up with ZoeBoy for this game.  I saw several Chaminade games last year and I saw them this year..There was a light rain in the 1st half that gradually dissipated by halftime.

Any team that is nasty in the trenches is going to cause big problems for CM.  The Central pass rush tonight was way too much for the most part and it was CM had time for their WRs got open. Offensively, Central ran multiple RBs at CM and the run was established early in the game.  OL looks bigger than last year for CM but not necessarily better. CM to me also needs to improve on tackling.  There were several missed tackles that should been 10 yard gains that turned into 30 yard gains or TDs.

CM only had one sustained drive for the most part but it was unfortunately negated by penalties for them.  The TDs for Chaminade were set up on Central Special Teams fumbles and a late TD with backups in for the most part on both teams.

I hate to say this in week one but CM may have bit off more then they can chew in 2017...

Central impressed me both offensively and defensively.  Strong pass rush, DBs held their own with CM WRs but laid out some solid hits.

Offensively, established the run, stuck to it and passed successfully as needed... Knock on Central would only be a couple of special teams muffs and mistakes.  A couple of unnecessary penalties as well but considering Central was probably emphasizing they were back , I think the laundry comes with the atmosphere.

Throw all Spring and pre-season questioning out with Central.  Roc City is back in business.

Ely will be hosting MC right???

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Which team you think has best shot at img? 

Centennial and MNW IMO, but both would still need to have a special game to pull it off.   

My thoughts are these, with cen10 you have a crazy good 6ft 6 QB running a high octane spread offense.  He can run very well too on the read option, but their offense will somewhat negate the IMG front advantage.    On D, their basically F'd.   Will need to outscore them.

W/ MNW they have Atwell, who can make plays in the air or on his feet.  I think they may be able to move the chains (this is what's hard).  Can't go 3/out against a team like IMG or they wear you down.  Unlike Cen10 and similar to CarolCty and MC, I think MNW will have a defense that can make some decent stops.   

IMO both are still long shots, but matchup-wise I like them the most.   Also, don't get me wrong I wouldn't be surprised if MC was king of te district, I just feel their strength is not the way you beat IMG.   

Special teams is also another thing to consider that hurt Carol city against IMg.   Every Img kick is in the endzone, and IMG was starting around the 35ish ydlne after CC kickoffs.