St. Thomas Aquinas vs. St. John Bosco

DB4

I'm planning on heading up to Fort Lauderdale for this game. I may be a bit late because of work but the plan is to be there. I've been looking forward to this one since the schedule came out. Idk if anyone else on the board will be at the game but I'll try and update scores if not.

1 minute ago, DB4 said:

I'm planning on heading up to Fort Lauderdale for this game. I may be a bit late because of work but the plan is to be there. I've been looking forward to this one since the schedule came out. Idk if anyone else on the board will be at the game but I'll try and update scores if not.

I'm gonna watch it on ESPN when i get home from Columbia vs Gainesville since I'm recording it 

25 minutes ago, DB4 said:

Man I'm seriously thinking about not going to that BTW vs Dillard game where i can go watch STA vs SJB or Carol City vs Deerfield Beach....

3 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Man I'm seriously thinking about not going to that BTW vs Dillard game where i can go watch STA vs SJB or Carol City vs Deerfield Beach....

I'm probably gonna check out Western & Dillard next week. I've already seen BTW and I'll try and catch Carol City later on, probably one of the big district games. I want to see how a stacked Cali team fares against a stacked South FL team.

6 minutes ago, DB4 said:

I'm probably gonna check out Western & Dillard next week. I've already seen BTW and I'll try and catch Carol City later on, probably one of the big district games. I want to see how a stacked Cali team fares against a stacked South FL team.

If you ask Broward , he knows how I fee about those Cali teams... I think STA handles Bosco easily.. They have the best qb in Bosco but the overall speed on defense for STA is gonna be too much for Bosco Qb imo... I love their qb and watch that game that was on TV last year.. I forgot who they played... But I don't think he's beating them through the air...

1 hour ago, DB4 said:

I will be there DB4.  May I suggest you bring a poncho/umbrella and  zip lock baggy for your phone/wallet.  Weather should be be similar to last night.  

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/33024:4:US

Just now, BrowardHandicapper said:

I will be there DB4.  May I suggest you bring a poncho/umbrella and  zip lock baggy for your phone/wallet.  Weather should be be similar to last night.  

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/33024:4:US

Thanks for the reminder, my windbreaker is at work so I can't forget it. Last year I went to see Booker T Washington and Edison in the rain and I was sick for a week after that.

Just got home from the game. It was close the whole time, but didn't really feel like a good game until the last few minutes and overtime.

STA: defense is legit. Hard to run up the middle because the defensive tackle is the size of about two people. Can't go east and west because the team speed is too much. Gotta imagine that's the best secondary Bosco will see all season. Re-al Mitchell ran bootleg plays where he'd normally have more time but the STA defensive ends were on him.

But the Aquinas offense leaves a lot to be desired. The receivers didn't do much. The pass protection was shaky. The running game did nothing (except for the game-winning touchdown, which I think was just poor tackling).

I think STA will lose to either Miramar or Deerfield Beach. Defense is great, offense is mediocre (will probably look better against lesser local teams) and special teams was solid.

St John Bosco: Massive offensive line. Offense moved the ball between the 20s but the playcalling was suspect in the redzone. They weren't used to defensive team speed like STA's. The last play of the game was a terrible playcall. But they were pretty much out of options. Aquinas had answers for pretty much everything. The QB is a nice athlete, but he tried to force some passes which hurt Bosco.

Their defense was legit. Tall rangy corners, good size all over the defense. Pass rush was all over STA all night.

To me, Bosco was the better team and lost it more than STA won the game tonight. Miss a close field goal to go ahead, throw a pick on two straight drives to end the game. Bosco moved the ball a little on offense, STA didn't. Bosco will be fine when they go back to Cali (except for Mater Dei, that's a toss up).

The Bosco fans were pretty cool too! Not used to rain lol