Season rankings

DisabledAccount

My point is if you rank teams always above teams they beat sooner or later the system will be broken 

Have to rank by the right now 

When Madison beat us they were ranked ahead but since the game they almost blew it against Dunnellon and we defeated a 4 time defending state champion

I felt where i placed them was fair,  the thing with rankings is they all come to similar finish at the end

On 10/8/2017 at 12:13 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

Miami South Ridge destroyed Palmetto a week ago. Not sure Palmetto should be in the 8A top 10. Also, Columbus should be higher. They are perhaps the best team in 8A. 

Columbia, are you a Baker by trade or something?

You got both of those Baker teams too high....  You got that Baker team above Palm Beach Gardens that just went right down to the wire with Pahokee.  Isn't Baker the team that Pahokee hung out to dry at States last year? 

I may be missing something but have they improved drastically?

Do you really believe Baker is in the same ball park as Palm Beach Gardens?

You have Baker 11 spots above Cambridge Christian as well?

You still have Ponte Vedra at 92?  

You're in love with that team.....Just let go, Columbia...

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

My point is if you rank teams always above teams they beat sooner or later the system will be broken 

Have to rank by the right now 

When Madison beat us they were ranked ahead but since the game they almost blew it against Dunnellon and we defeated a 4 time defending state champion

I felt where i placed them was fair,  the thing with rankings is they all come to similar finish at the end

last time I checked a win is win no matter what the score was they beat a 4a Dunnellon. 

1 hour ago, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

last time I checked a win is win no matter what the score was they beat a 4a Dunnellon. 

Beating a team who hadn't played a top team and beating a 4 time straight defending champs are far from the same 

1 hour ago, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

Madison is all so undefeated any of those teams u mentioned  undefeated? 

So because they undefeated they better than those teams i listed

Here's some facts,  Madison had a full week to prepare, columbia only practice between Lee and Madison was a walkthrough on Thursday 

Columbia had them held to 1 offensive td in first half and we had a lead before injuries started piling up and that's with coming in beat up,  no practice and having a game 2 days earlier when Madison had a full week

Madison is a good team but i have no doubt that at least 90% of teams i ranked over them are capable of beating them which is a high percentage for how i view teams considering some gaps are by a single point while others are by 10

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Columbia, are you a Baker by trade or something?

You got both of those Baker teams too high....  You got that Baker team above Palm Beach Gardens that just went right down to the wire with Pahokee.  Isn't Baker the team that Pahokee hung out to dry at States last year? 

I may be missing something but have they improved drastically?

Do you really believe Baker is in the same ball park as Palm Beach Gardens?

You have Baker 11 spots above Cambridge Christian as well?

You still have Ponte Vedra at 92?  

You're in love with that team.....Just let go, Columbia...

Check messages 

8 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Columbia,

For what it's worth, I appreciate your weekly rankings. Nobody gets rankings 100% correct, and at the end of the day rankings are really message board fodder.  You're not going to make everybody happy. But, know you have my appreciation!

Thank you

I agree never will everyone agree with the rankings so really rankings as a whole are subjective 

Everyone will see teams differently and place them accordingly 

2 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Columbia,

For what it's worth, I appreciate your weekly rankings. Nobody gets rankings 100% correct, and at the end of the day rankings are really message board fodder.  You're not going to make everybody happy. But, know you have my appreciation!

Would you rank team B over team A if team A beat team B by double digits and had no losses?  Rankings are hard especially when you have over 500 schools.  Just wish he was more logical in doing them and not show he's such a homer but I also appreciate them and try to add in my thoughts.

1 minute ago, badbird said:

Would you rank team B over team A if team A beat team B by double digits and had no losses?  Rankings are hard especially when you have over 500 schools.  Just wish he was more logical in doing them and not show he's such a homer but I also appreciate them and try to add in my thoughts.

Everybody is Bias to a degree, I appreciate the effort it takes to rank the entire state. I have a hard enough time doing class 3A alone and I can honestly say I've seen in person or a full live stream of each of the top 10 teams.; however, that's what is great about message boards, the debate and opinions shared.

8 minutes ago, badbird said:

All rankings will work themselves out in playoffs

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Beating a team who hadn't played a top team and beating a 4 time straight defending champs are far from the same 

So because they undefeated they better than those teams i listed

Here's some facts,  Madison had a full week to prepare, columbia only practice between Lee and Madison was a walkthrough on Thursday 

Columbia had them held to 1 offensive td in first half and we had a lead before injuries started piling up and that's with coming in beat up,  no practice and having a game 2 days earlier when Madison had a full week

Madison is a good team but i have no doubt that at least 90% of teams i ranked over them are capable of beating them which is a high percentage for how i view teams considering some gaps are by a single point while others are by 10

they beat Columbia tho but you have all kind of excuse why they won your 7a powerhouse from your point of view yet they beat you but cause you beat a down TCA you rank Columbia higher off one win then Madison not loosing a game and beating Columbia. Madison isn't just beating 1A teams they only play one all year they are beating teams from 3a to 7A just like Pahokee is doing down south.

9 minutes ago, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

they beat Columbia tho but you have all kind of excuse why they won your 7a powerhouse from your point of view yet they beat you but cause you beat a down TCA you rank Columbia higher off one win then Madison not loosing a game and beating Columbia. Madison isn't just beating 1A teams they only play one all year they are beating teams from 3a to 7A just like Pahokee is doing down south.

Trinity Christian is down compared to past 4 years but still most talented team in duval 

I'm not making excuses I'm clearing up parts of the game that wasn't being brought up that are relevant 

Full week to prepare vs playing on Tuesday and having only a walk through between 2 games is far from being equal circumstances some good teams struggle to beat 1 playoff team a week we had to play 2 in 4 days 

1A top 5

1 Madison 
2 Pahokee 
3 Dixie County 
4 Baker 
5 Port St Joe 

2A top 5

1 Champagnat Catholic 
2 University Christian 
3 North Florida Christian 
4 St Francis 
5 Cambridge Christian 

3A top 5

1 Chaminade Madonna 
2 Oxbridge Academy 
3 Clearwater Central Catholic
4 Lakeland Christian 
5 Melbourne Central Catholic 

4A top 5

1 Cocoa 
2 Miami Booker T Washington 
3 Raines
4 University School 
5 Dunnellon

5A top 10

1 American Heritage Plantation 

2 Cardinal Gibbons 

3 Jax Trinity Christian 

4 Jones

5 West Florida 

6 Bishop Moore 

7 Godby

8 Baker County 

9 Rickards 

10 Bolles

6A top 10

1 Miami Central 

2 Miami Northwestern 

3 Miami Carol City 

4 Armwood 

5 Vanguard

6 St Augustine 

7 Crestview 

8 Miami Norland 

9 Gulf Breeze 

10 Niceville 

Dropped out:

Gainesville (10)

Newcomers:

Niceville 

7A top 10

1 St Thomas Aquinas 
2 Venice
3 Lakeland 
4 Viera
5 Plant
6 Robert E Lee 
7 Columbia
8 Bartram Trail 
9 Doral Academy 
10 Braden River 

8A top 10

1 Osecola 
2 Vero Beach 
3 Columbus 
4 Miramar 
5 Apopka 
6 Deerfield Beach 
7 Dr Phillips 
8 South Dade
9 Miami Senior 
10 Miami Palmetto 

Dropped out:

Western (8)

Newcomers:

Miami Palmetto

you really love Apopka.  We know you beat them last year in a meaningless game but you still don't have to rank them high to make Columbia look better.  They shouldn't be getting the 50 spot bonus, maybe 25 since it was last year. Apopka has 2 losses to Lakeland and West Orange.  They should not be ranked #2 in 8A however they have a really good shot to win the state title.

Just now, badbird said:

you really love Apopka.  We know you beat them last year in a meaningless game but you still don't have to rank them high to make Columbia look better.  They shouldn't be getting the 50 spot bonus, maybe 25 since it was last year. Apopka has 2 losses to Lakeland and West Orange.  They should not be ranked #2 in 8A however they have a really good shot to win the state title.

Oh crap i forgot about West Orange game when doing the rankings

1 American Heritage Plantation  5A  1

2 Miami Central  6A  1

3 St Thomas Aquinas  7A  1

4 Miami Northwestern  6A  2

5 Cardinal Gibbons  5A  2

6 Osceola    8A  1

7 Cocoa  4A  1

8 Vero Beach  8A  3

9 Miami Carol City  6A  3

10 Venice  7A  2

11 Lakeland  7A  3

12 Armwood  6A  4

13 Viera  7A  4

14 Chaminade Madonna  3A   1

15 Oxbridge Academy  3A  2

16 Vanguard  6A  5

17 Jax Trinity Christian  5A  3

18 Columbus  8A  4

19 Miramar  8A  5

20 Miami Booker T Washington  4A  2

21 Apopka  8A  5

22 Jones  5A  4

23 St Augustine  6A  6

24 Plant  7A  5

25 Deerfield Beach  8A  6

26 Dr Phillips  8A  7

27 Crestview  6A  7

28 South Dade  8A  8

29 Miami Senior  8A  9

30 Miami Norland  6A  8

31 Robert E Lee  7A  6

32 Columbia  7A  7

33 Champagnat  2A  1

34 Miami Palmetto  8A  10

35 Raines  4A  3

36 West Florida  5A  5

37 Bartram Trail  7A  8

38 Doral Academy  7A  9

39 Miami Southridge  8A  11

40 Madison County  1A  1

41 University School  4A  4

42 Braden River  7A  10

43 Bishop Moore  5A  6

44 Pahokee  1A  2

45 Godby  5A  7

46 Clearwater Central Catholic  3A  3

47 Baker County  5A  8

48 Rickards  5A  9

49 Gulf Breeze  6A  9

50 Sanford Seminole  8A  12

51 Winter Park  8A  13

52 Orange City University  8A  14

53 Western  8A  15

54 Palm Beach Central 8A  16

55  Atlantic Delray  8A  17

56 University Christian  2A  2

57 Palmetto  7A  11

58 Flagler Palm Coast  8A  18

59 Niceville  6A  10

60 Plantation  8A  19

61 North Fort Myers  6A  11

62 Mainland  6A  12

63 Navarre  6A  13

64 Tampa Bay Tech  7A  12

65 Bolles  5A  10

66 Wakulla  5A  11

67 Wekiva  8A  20

68 Spruce Creek  8A  21

69 Lakeland Christian  3A  4

70 Melbourne Central Catholic  3A  5

71 Fleming Island  7A  13

72 Lake Gibson  6A  14

73 Riverview  8A  22

74 Dunnellon  4A  5

75 North Florida Christian  2A  3

76 Dwyer  7A  14

77 Fort Myers  6A  15

78 Coral Gables  8A  23

79 Ribault  5A  12

80 Seminole Ridge  8A  24

81 Fletcher   7A  15

82 Dixie County  1A  3

83 Escambia  6A  16

84 Naples  6A  17

85 Palm Beach Gardens  8A  25

86 Baker  1A  4

87 Edgewater  7A  16

88 Nova  7A  17

89 Ridge Community  8A  26

90 Durant  7A  18

91 Immokalle  5A  13

92 Clay  5A  14

93 Lake Mary  8A  27

94 West Orange  8A  28

95 Lincoln  7A  19

96 St Francis  2A  4

97 Ponte Vedra  5A  15

98 Cambridge Christian  2A  5

99 Key West  4A  6

100  Bishop Kenny  5A  16

Ok I've been working on a new idea,  it will be my ranking of the Florida tiers 

So basically I'm using my top 100 to seperate Florida into tiers now keep in mind these arent saying every team above another is better,  i look at these tiers as in who would be favored, as we know upsets can always happen so there are some cases of teams being ranked in tiers above teams they lost to as the tiers are on week by week basis 

Here are the basic line in place for the tiers 

Tier 1

would be 7 point favorites over tier 2

would be 14 point favorites over tier 3

would be 20+ point favorites over tier 4+

Tier 2

would be 4-7 point favorites over tier 3

10-14 point favorites over tier 4

17+ point favorites over tier 5+

Then tier 3+ it would go in this order 

1 tier difference  3-7 favorite 

2 tier difference 10-16 point favorite

3+ tier difference 17+ point favorite 

Also it would be within a td difference (1-6 points)  for anyone in same tier on that week to week basis 

Tier 1

American Heritage Plantation , Miami Central, St Thomas Aquinas , Miami Northwestern , Cardinal Gibbons 

Tier 2

Osceola , Cocoa , Vero Beach,  Miami Carol City , Venice  ,Lakeland , Armwood ,  Viera ,  Chaminade Madonna, Oxbridge Academy 

Tier 3

Vanguard, Jax Trinity Christian ,  Columbus, Miramar, Miami Booker T Washington,  Apopka, Jones, 
 St Augustine, Plant, Deerfield Beach,  Dr Phillips, 
Crestview, South Dade, 
Miami Senior, Miami Norland, Robert E Lee, Columbia,  Champagnat, 
Miami Palmetto,  Raines, 
West Florida, Bartram Trail  

Tier 4

Doral Academy,  Miami Southridge, Madison County, 
University School, Braden River,  Bishop Moore, Pahokee, Godby Clearwater Central Catholic,Baker County, Rickards, Gulf Breeze, Sanford Seminole, 
Winter Park, Orange City University, Western, Palm Beach Central 

Tier 5

Atlantic Delray, University Christian, Palmetto,  Flagler Palm Coast,  Niceville, Plantation, North Fort Myers, 
 Mainland,  Navarre, Tampa Bay Tech, Bolles,  Wakulla, Wekiva, Spruce Creek

Tier 6

Lakeland Christian, Melbourne Central Catholic, Fleming Island,  Lake Gibson , Riverview,  Dunnellon, North Florida Christian, Dwyer,  Fort Myers, Coral Gables, Ribault,  Seminole Ridge, Fletcher 

Tier 7

Dixie County, Escambia, 
Naples, Palm Beach Gardens, Baker, Edgewater,  Nova, Ridge Community, Durant 

Tier 8

Immokalee, Clay, Lake Mary, 
West Orange, Lincoln, St Francis, Ponte Vedra, Cambridge Christian, Key West,  Bishop Kenny

Tier 9

101-150

Tier 10

151-250

Tier 11

251-400

Tier 12

Rest of Florida

Thoughts?