Week 2 Thursday night scores

3 minutes ago, mbhs69 said:

Flanagan players and coaches walked right past us going into the stadium tonight and appeared completely flat to a man,  including coaches.  No tension, no fidgeting, no fire in the eyes, just an easy stroll, in complete silence.  Pregame warmups - drills looked like they were just going thru the motions.  Flanagan dressed 62 players.

Once the whistle blew, it was like a track meet all night.  Coulda been a bit worse than 62-0 at the half imo.

Wow really that is crazy 

Just now, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Wow really that is crazy 

Yeah, really.  They definitely have a few excellent athletes, but they just seemed disinterested .... almost like they lost before the game started.  They went down by like 3-4 TD's in the first few minutes way before water break.

14 minutes ago, mbhs69 said:

Yeah, really.  They definitely have a few excellent athletes, but they just seemed disinterested .... almost like they lost before the game started.  They went down by like 3-4 TD's in the first few minutes way before water break.

Off turnovers or quick punts 

3 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Not surprised. Based on Broward Handicapper's reporting, there was a mass exit from Flanagan. It will take them years, if ever, to be elite again.

Never seen Flanagan this bad, but saw it coming.  The exodus is a combination of many things. Things beyond  what many perceive.....Per house rules can't comment further.

Just now, DB4 said:

I thought Central would run all over BTW. Props to the Tornadoes for having a chance to win at the end of the game.

Mc had a lot of penalties or just maybe chaminade is not as good as we thought therefore central is not as vaunted as they appeared either way we're gonna find out

1 minute ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Mc had a lot of penalties or just maybe chaminade is not as good as we thought therefore central is not as vaunted as they appeared either way we're gonna find out

BTW's defense was faster to the ball, cut off angles better and their overall pressure was more efficient than Chaminade.   Central was missing a RB tonight but it was not the reason their ground game was pretty much contained.  At the end of the day,  they are probably both capable of beating one another.  Central happened to escape tonight with the W.

3 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

BTW's defense was faster to the ball, cut off angles better and their overall pressure was more efficient than Chaminade.   Central was missing a RB tonight but it was not the reason their ground game was pretty much contained.  At the end of the day,  they are probably both capable of beating one another.  Central happened to escape tonight with the W.

I agree broward were u able to make it out there 

1 minute ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

I agree broward were u able to make it out there 

I was....  Pretty good crowd.  A bit of a sloppy game that could have been better officiated but in the end it went right down to the wire.  The FG attempt was actually blocked and lost trajectory.  Seeing the Kicker in warmups, I would probably have given him a 40% chance of hitting the 47 yard kick otherwise.  

The 2 td drops by 7 from btw hurt. I said central not as good as some are led to believe. And centrals coaches seems to always try and find the hard way to win. The oline is still a wrk in progress and secondary is suspect... if coaches don't get it together it will be ugly next week. Seems as if BTW lost the game more than central won it tonight but they will be fine come playoff time

37 minutes ago, topnotch305 said:

The 2 td drops by 7 from btw hurt. I said central not as good as some are led to believe. And centrals coaches seems to always try and find the hard way to win. The oline is still a wrk in progress and secondary is suspect... if coaches don't get it together it will be ugly next week. Seems as if BTW lost the game more than central won it tonight but they will be fine come playoff time

I said the same thing btw could have and probably should have won but who do Mc have next week Gorman ?

40 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I was....  Pretty good crowd.  A bit of a sloppy game that could have been better officiated but in the end it went right down to the wire.  The FG attempt was actually blocked and lost trajectory.  Seeing the Kicker in warmups, I would probably have given him a 40% chance of hitting the 47 yard kick otherwise.  

I thought maybe they would go for it on that 4th and 7 being that they had converted 2 consecutive 4th downs prior to that but I guess they didn't want to test their luck lol.

Seems as though Vanguard is picking up where it left off last season.

Defeated 7A Kathleen 38-0 last week.

Defeated 7A Buchholz 44-33 last night.

Buchholz lead 14-0 in the first quarter. Vanguard lead by as much as 24 in the 2nd half.

This team can strike fast and from anywhere just like in 2016. I don't see anyone else, on their schedule,  giving them much trouble. Gainesville's defense won't be able to handle the Knight's offense. Not sure how good Oakleaf is but that may be Vanguard's most difficult game as it will be on Oakleaf's field in Jacksonville.

8 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

Yea man I always feel like Central do less with more talent... Ever since I was playing back in the days.. Loke I told you last night , they have the talent to beat Gorman but that coaching staff gonna make it impossible.. Give coach ICE that Central team and they probably win the MNC... Great game tho..

21 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Buchholz lead 14-0 in the first quarter. Vanguard lead by as much as 24 in the 2nd half.

This team can strike fast and from anywhere just like in 2016. I don't see anyone else, on their schedule,  giving them much trouble. Gainesville's defense won't be able to handle the Knight's offense. Not sure how good Oakleaf is but that may be Vanguard's most difficult game as it will be on Oakleaf's field in Jacksonville.

Does that mean they likely won't be challenged until they see a likely  Lake Gibson/Armwood team in November?

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

Vanguard will beat Oakleaf by 14 at least, I'm not that impressed so far with Oakleaf 

And vanguard winning that District, i saw Gainesville first hand and while they are probably better than last year they not strong enough to beat vanguard