Img @ centennial Honor bowl

topnotch305

On 9/7/2017 at 0:34 AM, Proseteye said:

And, you do have every right to support or not support any team that you wish. It's a free country. I respect that. What I don't respect is any Florida fan that hopes an OOS team defeats IMG. I'm saying this in general as it's not directed at you or anyone in particular. I will always support IMG or any other Florida team that goes up against an OOS team.

So basically you respect ones decision to support or not support a team got it. But wait if i support and out of town team that plays IMG you don't respect that?   Now I'm confused... That's like saying i can't only pull for Florida teams no matter what one any level... Seems there is some contradiction here. By the way I'm pulling for Gorman tonight...

On 9/6/2017 at 1:34 PM, 954gator said:

I don't necessarily think that Sofla teams don't care as much or don't have heart.  The big difference, IMO, with the big OOS programs is they seem way more prepared than even the better coached FL teams (at least this early in the season).    Those programs in Ga, the boarding school privates,  the big Cali programs etc just seem more polished from what I've seen so far.    I think Fla kids have as much or more heart than any other region,  but when you don't have a plan for something that's not working it shows in the players eventually.    It is what it is, coaches don't get payed as much as they do in other parts of the country.    

Other things play a factor into it as well.   How many teams in Fl have played a game in regular conditions this year?  Not many.  So when you're used to playing in sloppy rain conditions it can take a sec to get up to full speed in optimal weather (mistakes matter more).   

Also heard last year that the Bishop Gorman team practices 11 months of the year. Not with their coaches but with capable football knowledgeable people. 

On 9/8/2017 at 7:01 PM, topnotch305 said:

So basically you respect ones decision to support or not support a team got it. But wait if i support and out of town team that plays IMG you don't respect that?   Now I'm confused... That's like saying i can't only pull for Florida teams no matter what one any level... Seems there is some contradiction here. By the way I'm pulling for Gorman tonight...

Sorry. My take. I don't expect you to support it. Never said you can't support OOS teams over Florida teams. It's your right.  B)

3 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Sorry. My take. I don't expect you to support it. Never said you can't support OOS teams over Florida teams. It's your right.  B)

Pro i normally Would agree with supporting Florida teams outside the state but img i don't consider a Florida team 

To me they are a independent organization of the United States that resides it's base in Florida, if i recall correctly they play more games out of state and have more players from other states than from Florida plus most people list them as IMG USA not Img FL 

41 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

I mean I don't care for IMG... I don't consider them as a FLORIDA team cause they have more out of towners on the team then Fla players... Of my son grows up and want to go to IMG I won't mine either but their not a true FLA team... I really don't root for them or against them... 

I don't say this often but Zoeboy agree 100%

I'm quite sure that you will find players, from other states, playing on many of the elite teams in Florida. How about Bolles which is a boarding school. And Jesuit which is also a boarding school. And, don't get me started on STA. You think that they don't come from all over to attend STA? And, with the top public schools like Cocoa, Central, Manatee, etc., they move to Florida from other states to play for them. I'm quite sure that all of the players for IMG, that come from other states and countries, now live pretty much full time in Florida either on campus or off. Also, what is the percentage of players who have transferred to IMG from other Florida teams and parts of Florida? Bet it's nearly 50%. I will continue to support IMG, just as I do any other team based in Florida, when they play other teams from other states. How many of you support Florida, FSU, and Miami? Do they not have many players from other states? :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I'm quite sure that you will find players, from other states, playing on many of the elite teams in Florida. How about Bolles which is a boarding school. And Jesuit which is also a boarding school. And, don't get me started on STA. You think that they don't come from all over to attend STA? And, with the top public schools like Cocoa, Central, Manatee, etc., they move to Florida from other states to play for them. I'm quite sure that all of the players for IMG, that come from other states and countries, now live pretty much full time in Florida either on campus or off. Also, what is the percentage of players who have transferred to IMG from other Florida teams and parts of Florida? Bet it's nearly 50%. I will continue to support IMG, just as I do any other team based in Florida, when they play other teams from other states. How many of you support Florida, FSU, and Miami? Do they not have many players from other states? :rolleyes:

College is a different game then high school 

Alabama has majority out of state of Alabama 

Ohio State dont have majority in Ohio if i recall correctly 

Im sure list goes longer on top teams 

But this is high school football not college

Yes Those schools you mention have that done but not nearly to the extent of img and every team you mention do have majority of players and majority of games in sunshine state

And all those teams have lost in either 2015 or 2016 to a Florida public so they can all be beaten, those teams also don't try to put players out of the game like img has tried numerous times 

That may be the case. However, until it can be definitively proven that IMG players try to hurt opposing team's players, we can chalk that up to heresay or personal observation. I have not seen where one referee has flagged an IMG player for targeting.  If opposing coaches feel that IMG is targeting and are not being flagged, they should complain to the referee. In fact, before the game the coach should request that the referee watch closely for any intentional attempts at injury. I cannot believe that Jason Taylor would stand by and watch the IMG players deliberately trying to injure other players no matter what the HC's plans are.

I hate the fact that img who been around long enough for a sneeze is considered our states best team when there been tons of programs more deserving of the honor who bust their butts to be a elite team and this program just walks in and jumps all of them like that,  we don't need img to be considered a power state but people make it seem otherwise 

IMG doesn't bother me.  They play a national schedule and are not in the Fhsaa playoffs.  I could care less if they win or lose and if no one mentioned them on this board I would have no idea  if they won or lost.  I consider them the Montverde of basketball.  I have more of a problem with teams that get 30 transfers in and we are ok with that.  Florida football has been a power and always will be with or without IMG.  So stop worrying about them.

25 minutes ago, badbird said:

IMG doesn't bother me.  They play a national schedule and are not in the Fhsaa playoffs.  I could care less if they win or lose and if no one mentioned them on this board I would have no idea  if they won or lost.  I consider them the Montverde of basketball.  I have more of a problem with teams that get 30 transfers in and we are ok with that.  Florida football has been a power and always will be with or without IMG.  So stop worrying about them.

Which team got 30 transfers this year?

17 hours ago, badbird said:

If  a team gets in 30 transfers, which seems like a lot, and basically builds their team with players from other areas, you're OK with that. How about the players who were originally on the team and get replaced by these transfers? What kind of school spirit is that? What does it do to the moral of the team? I have more respect for IMG that does not pretend to be a contemporary high school where every player is a moral and ethical story. IMG simply brings in students that will excel in sports and that is acknowledge by every coach and player. There are no hard feelings or disappointment because a player does not start  or play much. They just know to work harder for the end goal which is college recruitment. Without IMG Florida wouldn't even be on the map power wise. There are only a couple of Florida schools that can compete nationwide with the top teams in other states and they maybe play one game OOS per year while IMG is playing most of its games OOS every year and winning. It is your right to dislike IMG. But, I think that facts and stats speak for themselves and really cannot be disputed.

8 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

If  a team gets in 30 transfers, which seems like a lot, and basically builds their team with players from other areas, you're OK with that. How about the players who were originally on the team and get replaced by these transfers? What kind of school spirit is that? What does it do to the moral of the team? I have more respect for IMG that does not pretend to be a contemporary high school where every player is a moral and ethical story. IMG simply brings in students that will excel in sports and that is acknowledge by every coach and player. There are no hard feelings or disappointment because a player does not start  or play much. They just know to work harder for the end goal which is college recruitment. Without IMG Florida wouldn't even be on the map power wise. There are only a couple of Florida schools that can compete nationwide with the top teams in other states and they maybe play one game OOS per year while IMG is playing most of its games OOS every year and winning. It is your right to dislike IMG. But, I think that facts and stats speak for themselves and really cannot be disputed.

Umm pro he was saying he has more of a problem with teams who get 30 transfers

16 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

What?!!

Wouldn't be on map power wise? 

We were a top 3 state before IMG was even playing, this is why i hate img,  now that img is here people think we depend on img to be a relevant state 

Yes img makes us better state but we would be top 3 state every year with or without img 

10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Umm pro he was saying he has more of a problem with teams who get 30 transfers

However, he stated that he supported all Florida schools except IMG. Apparently, 100 transfers wouldn't matter as long as they are not IMG. Having a problem with and pulling your support are two different things.

2 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

However, he stated that he supported all Florida schools except IMG. Apparently, 100 transfers wouldn't matter as long as they are not IMG. Having a problem with and pulling your support are two different things.

In a perfect world img would go undefeated out of state and lose every in state game but that's wishful thinking :D