Independents

footballguy

By my count and I could be wrong there are more than 30 independent football programs in Florida and then there is the ssac. I'm wondering why they don't have a part in the weekly rankings? That's a lot of kids being left out and if I'm looking at it right over the last 5 years a lot of scholarships have come from these programs. Why not have a top 10 weekly independent included to classes 1-8 fhsaa. The Fhsaa is not the only game in town.

1 hour ago, footballguy said:

By my count and I could be wrong there are more than 30 independent football programs in Florida and then there is the ssac. I'm wondering why they don't have a part in the weekly rankings? That's a lot of kids being left out and if I'm looking at it right over the last 5 years a lot of scholarships have come from these programs. Why not have a top 10 weekly independent included to classes 1-8 fhsaa. The Fhsaa is not the only game in town.

You are welcome to provide insight if you wish .  Most of us are not aware of what is going on with Independent Classification right now.  

Outside of IMG all of the best teams are now in classifications now.  I used to do Independent rankings over the last few years and followed most of the top teams pretty close.  Independent is nothing close to what it used to be in team strength and talent since 98% of the average or better teams are now classified.

Off the top of my head Satellite, and St. Stephens (Bradenton) are the top teams out there right now.  Those teams would get boat raced by probably 10+  Independents from 2016 IMO... Oxbridge was Independent in 2014, 2015 Coral Springs Charter had 5 or 6 D1 players including FSU and Louisville.  Archbishop McCarthy has been very strong over the last few years,  North Broward Prep has a stud in WR Kevin Austin...but tell me/us what is out there in 2017 for Independent teams and talent.  The last 5 years and 2017 for Independents is a different ball game IMO.

If there are some talented teams out there or  players feel free to post and I'd be glad to hear about them....

Hey I was just posting to see the conversation half the SSAC are not Fhsaa classification so picking up here you only care if they have loaded rosters like IMG. Not everyone is playing that game but there are some small schools out there that play football that have solid programs. The fhsaa classification system is broke and has been for a long time, I would imagine there are teams being left out. Just in central Florida there are new teams in the area a few not in the fhsaa with good athletes. I was just curious why not have an independent ranking but it's for the kids good luck guys

7 hours ago, footballguy said:

Hey I was just posting to see the conversation half the SSAC are not Fhsaa classification so picking up here you only care if they have loaded rosters like IMG. Not everyone is playing that game but there are some small schools out there that play football that have solid programs. The fhsaa classification system is broke and has been for a long time, I would imagine there are teams being left out. Just in central Florida there are new teams in the area a few not in the fhsaa with good athletes. I was just curious why not have an independent ranking but it's for the kids good luck guys

Well you mention SSAC i think the site had plans to eventually rank a top 10 for the conference but as in just independents how would you rank it

Would you include img or leave them out

Also we here on the huddle board are always up for ranking but we need to know more about these teams first, if you want to you can tell us about some of these teams and we can keep a eye on them and we may learn something from your insight on these teams that we have left out up to this point 

It's hard to track teams if no one is consistently reporting on them,  like before i joined Columbia rarely was mentioned on here but since i got here Columbia might be the most talked about North Florida team on the board lol

3 minutes ago, footballguy said:

That makes perfect sense I understand what your saying. I'll see what information we can come up with. 

The site itself is calling themselves the number 1 source for high school football and a media outlet. I would thing if they sponsoring rankings they would know the information that you are talking about

The site has been getting better every year but compiling information for i believe around 500 high schools in Florida every week is no easy task 

As time goes by the exposure will get better statewide but it's not a overnight thing lol

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The site has been getting better every year but compiling information for i believe around 500 high schools in Florida every week is no easy task 

We're around 560-580 total teams

The biggest problem is that many schools -- whether they be a tiny independent or a large 8A -- for whatever reason aren't helpful in providing information to Josh, despite Josh sending numerous requests for information such as stats. 

Just now, SportsNut25 said:

We're around 560-580 total teams

The biggest problem is that many schools -- whether they be a tiny independent or a large 8A -- for whatever reason aren't helpful in providing information to Josh, despite Josh sending numerous requests for information such as stats. 

That's true

I have seen teams out there who are extremely quiet when it comes to putting stats in 

Heck even though i think maxpreps requires teams to enter stats now several teams still don't put it in and if they don't put them in maxpreps they probably don't give out any info either 

There is one of me and thousands of you all in all of this so choices have to be made in what is done and not done.

I had considered an SSAC ranking but a lot of their best teams jumped ship when the FHSAA playoff system changed for the better. They play for an independent state championship which is not truly recognized as such. How can I truly rank them when they refuse to play in the system that got changed to help accommodate them in the first place? 

@SportsNut25 is right I have made requests. When I get about 100 of nearly 600 teams sending me info it makes things a struggle.

Until I can have more people on staff I can only do what I can without exerting myself. That means if so don't mention top players each week or something else, then that is the way it will be. @ColumbiaHighFan2017class is right. It has been growing each year and I can only do so much as one person. 

what teams are in the ssac (all of them)

Bishop McLaughlin, Sante Fe Catholic, ocala christian, first academy leesburg, mt dora christian, out of door, shorecrest prep, st stephens, berean christian, jupiter christian, christ church, bishop snyder, winderemere prep, cfca, legacy, lake mary prep, faith, ocp, masters, orangewood, bradenton christian, bell creek, canterbury, harvest, international community, duval charter, all saints, gateway charter, inlet grove, 

Independants                            W-L
IMG Academy                           2-0
Jordan Christian Prep             2-0
Boca Raton Christian              2-1
Arlington Country Day             1-0
Windermere Prep                     1-0
Satellite                                     1-1
West Oaks Academ                 1-1
International Broward             1-1
Lighthouse Christian              1-1
Superior Collegiate                 1-1
Aukela Christ Mil Aca             0-0
Discovery                                  0-0
Four Corners                            0-0
Landmark Christia                  0-0
Miami Community Chart       0-0
West Park Prep                       0-0
Bayshore Christian                 0-1
Calusa Prep                             0-1
IMG Academy White              0-1
New Direction Academy       0-1
Kingdom Prep                         0-2
Avant Garde Academy          0-2
Clearwater Acad Int               0-2

This is not a ranking...

My top 5

IMG

IMG White

Satellite

Jordan Prep

Windermere Prep

Josh I will again give you credit for what your trying to do here. But I remember football scoop and flavarsity and number of others that have tried to do the same thing. You say teams don't reply back maybe it's because they send the information you are looking for to the local media outlets, maybe you should work with those guys and contact them. If they are not responding to you they obviously don't see you as a credible media rep. 

Your tone is heavy FHSAA but I must say the monopoly the FHSAA has on high school athletics is an archaic way of doing things. The FHSAA could never serve the interest and needs of all schools, they faught hard against Cambridge Christian for wanting prayer on the PA so how can they serve the schools that believe that? Their fundamental beliefs do not line up. In 41 states there is a Christian association, independent association and a public association. What the fhsaa is on its way out it's not the model in any other state. 

To to discredit the ssac as not a state title I have to ask what is it then? Their is a regular season and a 3 round playoff with teams from all over the state. Looking on the surface 7 teams jumped back into the fhsaa from ssac and they still have 30 teams in there. I think all I'm saying is that there are and should be other options for high school sports. I think it is great that the FHSAA has recognized you as a media outlet but there are other options out there and the kids deserve the recognition. 

I would be be happy to post the results and information I have on here weekly I was just asking since rankings are posted on here.