Independents

footballguy

49 minutes ago, footballguy said:

Josh I will again give you credit for what your trying to do here. But I remember football scoop and flavarsity and number of others that have tried to do the same thing. You say teams don't reply back maybe it's because they send the information you are looking for to the local media outlets, maybe you should work with those guys and contact them. If they are not responding to you they obviously don't see you as a credible media rep. 

To to discredit the ssac as not a state title I have to ask what is it then?

I'm just going to touch on a couple things here. Keep in mind, I'm just a guy with admin privileges on this board. I'm not on Josh's payroll, nor an current intern. (I am a former intern, but that doesn't mean anything in regards to this.)

First, I want to note that FootballScoop has nothing to do this with. Not sure who you meant. I'm not as familiar with FV so I won't touch on them. (I know what they do, but not their history of success or non-success.) 

Second, roughly 95% of the information that Josh asks teams for (stats) are also not being sent to the local paper. How do I know? Because I know Josh has tried to reach out to those local media outlets and 95% of the time they are also trying to track down that info OR the local paper reached out to Josh hoping that he somehow had the info. 

Despite what some people believe, some coaches just honestly don't care about their kids getting recognized by non-recruiting outlets. If you're Rivals, 24/7, etc. they'll send all the stats and everything you could want. But there are some coaches out there that if you're the local paper, they won't send you anything. Now, that's not every coach out there. Many coaches are great at sending the requested material. 

And third, the SSAC is not a state title. They know, we know it and the member schools know it. So what is it? A conference title. When Alabama wins the SEC and Clemson they ACC, they won conference titles. This is not a new concept either. There have been several independent conferences that hand out championships over the last few years. And that's not a knock on the SSAC at all. There are only eight state titles given out per year and they are the 1A-8A titles. 

I was just saying that the Florida system of the fhsaa being the only recognized championship is old and out of date almost every state has multiple state organizations and it should be that way schools should have choice, most people support that.

im just gonna point the comment of "we" know that about the SSAC is the issue with FV and all the other websites before this one. Random guys talking claiming to be the "we" voice your not. The schools and the kids are the voice and that's the way it should be. Kids being recruited and bettering their lives and getting a great experience is the only thing that matters and that kids and coaches should be worried about. 

Good of luck on here guys 

this guy probably won't be back.  he just wanted to complain but here is the top 10 independents according to Lazindex

1 IMG

2 St Stephens

3 Satellite

4 OCP

5 Jordan Christian

6 Windermere prep

7 Canterbury

8 Christ Church

9 Broward International

10 Jupiter Christian

sidenote OCP lost to First academy in OT

18 minutes ago, badbird said:

this guy probably won't be back.  he just wanted to complain but here is the top 10 independents according to Lazindex

1 IMG

2 St Stephens

3 Satellite

4 OCP

5 Jordan Christian

6 Windermere prep

7 Canterbury

8 Christ Church

9 Broward International

10 Jupiter Christian

sidenote OCP lost to First academy in OT

Is broward international the same as international school of broward? 

I thought the latter was in 2a

I'll be back if the conversations are worth it. Been around high school football in Florida for 15 years these sites and the people that post on them come and go every few years. I was just curious the level of talk on this subject. These are still high school kids tho we should all keep that in mind 

I was just saying that the Florida system of the fhsaa being the only recognized championship is old and out of date almost every state has multiple state organizations and it should be that way schools should have choice, most people support that.

im just gonna point the comment of "we" know that about the SSAC is the issue with FV and all the other websites before this one. Random guys talking claiming to be the "we" voice your not. The schools and the kids are the voice and that's the way it should be. Kids being recruited and bettering their lives and getting a great experience is the only thing that matters and that kids and coaches should be worried about. 

Good of luck on here guys 

On 9/12/2017 at 9:51 PM, badbird said:

I think you are correct laz has them listed as independent but they are 2A

Hi everyone. Happy to be here. Been struggling to get make up game results. Wish I was retired and had only football to deal with. But that's the gig. Anyway, I have Broward International (International School of Broward) listed as Independent because that's the Assignment as posted on the FHSAA web site.

3 hours ago, LAZ said:

Hi everyone. Happy to be here. Been struggling to get make up game results. Wish I was retired and had only football to deal with. But that's the gig. Anyway, I have Broward International (International School of Broward) listed as Independent because that's the Assignment as posted on the FHSAA web site.

ISB is indeed independent. That was changed during the offseason after they decided that they couldn't get enough teams in Florida to schedule them. LAZ has it correct.