Mainland vs bartram trail

DisabledAccount

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

21-10 BT.  Dang I thought Mainland was better than this.  dan might have been right

Offense for mainland must really be bad this year 

The secondary for bartram is basically in nap time and mainland has 10 points 

Heck we put up 33 points with a backup qb playing entire game 

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well i expected that after you were impressed with the comeback on ESPN but even though bartram offense is solid that defense will keep them from being a real threat to sta

True but until then dang it their exciting to watch I never even thought of them as a football school tbh lol but that comeback even in a loss on the road on tv vs a power house was awesome to see

3 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

True but until then dang it their exciting to watch I never even thought of them as a football school tbh lol but that comeback even in a loss on the road on tv vs a power house was awesome to see

I agree comeback is impressive but i saw that secondary first hand and i don't feel it will hold up in playoffs if they face a good passing team but i guess we shall see 

Can't wait to see cocoa vs bartram later in year

Also St Augustine vs bartram trail who bartram has never beaten

Bartrum Trail  35  Mainland  24

In a game of big plays BT had a few more then the hometown Bucs. Counting the KOC loss to Apopka, Mainland hasn't started off a season like this since the last CENTURY.  Our most reliable strength the WR's , dropped several critical passes tonight that gave BT a short field and put the Mainland "D" back out there. The QB is still running for his life more often then not. Coaches might want to give the backups some reps cause odds are this young guy's not going to stay healthy. He throws a pretty ball WHEN HE HAS TIME. Running game is still a work in progress. Defense is tough, but a little small on the outside. To the DB's " AS DEEP AS THE DEEPEST MAN " ( Elementary Coverage 101 ).  Kicker/Punter is strongest in years. Mainland is 0-1 with the "good in season opponents." Dr Phillips and Cocoa being the other two. 7-3 is a worse case scenario. District is weak and a top 4 regional seeding is a 99.9% lock. Tank Dell, Bucs most reliable WR, should be back for Friday's Treasure Coast contest. Great route runner, great hands. Interesting season so far.......#spoiledbuccaneer.   

2 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Bartrum Trail  35  Mainland  24

In a game of big plays BT had a few more then the hometown Bucs. Counting the KOC loss to Apopka, Mainland hasn't started off a season like this since the last CENTURY.  Our most reliable strength the WR's , dropped several critical passes tonight that gave BT a short field and put the Mainland "D" back out there. The QB is still running for his life more often then not. Coaches might want to give the backups some reps cause odds are this young guy's not going to stay healthy. He throws a pretty ball WHEN HE HAS TIME. Running game is still a work in progress. Defense is tough, but a little small on the outside. To the DB's " AS DEEP AS THE DEEPEST MAN " ( Elementary Coverage 101 ).  Kicker/Punter is strongest in years. Mainland is 0-1 with the "good in season opponents." Dr Phillips and Cocoa being the other two. 7-3 is a worse case scenario. District is weak and a top 4 regional seeding is a 99.9% lock. Tank Dell, Bucs most reliable WR, should be back for Friday's Treasure Coast contest. Great route runner, great hands. Interesting season so far.......#spoiledbuccaneer.   

What was your thoughts on bartram trail 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What was your thoughts on bartram trail 

I was there with Dan. So I will give you mine. They alternate two quarterbacks, both of whom are tall, but one is built like a tank. The latter hurt Mainland both through the air and with his legs. Their defensive font is good, but their DBs are average and slow. If Mainland's QB had had more time and if his receivers had caught some of the many they dropped, the score could have been reversed. 

Against good teams, BT will give up a lot of points.  However, their offense is probably good for mid twenties against even the best. They have a chance to represent the North in 7A, but I don't see them giving St. Thomas any trouble if they are the representative. Of course, they would need to beat Viera and Columbia to get there.:)

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I was there with Dan. So I will give you mine. They alternate two quarterbacks, both of whom are tall, but one is built like a tank. The latter hurt Mainland both through the air and with his legs. Their defensive font is good, but their DBs are average and slow. If Mainland's QB had had more time and if his receivers had caught some of the many they dropped, the score could have been reversed. 

Against good teams, BT will give up a lot of points.  However, their offense is probably good for mid twenties against even the best. They have a chance to represent the North in 7A, but I don't see them giving St. Thomas any trouble if they are the representative. Of course, they would need to beat Viera and Columbia to get there.:)

Sounds like about what i saw when we played in the spring 

I know we are good enough to beat them,  we were able to score 33 points with a backup qb playing entire spring game because our starter was out with injury as well as between 5-10 players total and being no Where near mid season form on either side of the ball but we have to win the games in our way first to be able to face them again and it's only September, a lot can happen between now and then 

I also don't see them being a good matchup for St Thomas Aquinas, there reasons why but i would need more time to go into it

Columbia 

Lee 

Bartram 

Seem to be biggest contenders in 7a region 1 but don't count out buchholz or Fleming Island yet 

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Sounds like about what i saw when we played in the spring 

I know we are good enough to beat them,  we were able to score 33 points with a backup qb playing entire spring game because our starter was out with injury as well as between 5-10 players total and being no Where near mid season form on either side of the ball but we have to win the games in our way first to be able to face them again and it's only September, a lot can happen between now and then 

I also don't see them being a good matchup for St Thomas Aquinas, there reasons why but i would need more time to go into it

Columbia 

Lee 

Bartram 

Seem to be biggest contenders in 7a region 1 but don't count out buchholz or Fleming Island yet 

Spring games can show a coach his team weakness. He has all summer to make changes... probably why BT is much improved. So, it should be a good game when Columbia plays them.

I'll be interested in this and any other game BT plays. Sad that Mainland lost, but they will have time to fix their offense.

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Spring games can show a coach his team weakness. He has all summer to make changes... probably why BT is much improved. So, it should be a good game when Columbia plays them.

I'll be interested in this and any other game BT plays. Sad that Mainland lost, but they will have time to fix their offense.

I agree they probably better than when we played in spring but so are we lol

The reason i bring it up is i saw the same issues with bartram trail in spring game that showed up last 2 years when they eliminated from playoffs and in the Cartersville game

I do think we beat bartram if we play them again