Hurricane Irma: Cancellations/moved games

Trelle

1 minute ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

The heck!!! Just great smh why would they do that they said the new update have it missing Florida wtf going on smh 

I get the frustration, I want football too. But you can't go off of projections this far out. Have to be cautious. I think Dade and Broward could play today but might as well let everyone go home and prepare/evacuate. Better to be overprepared and nothing happen than underprepare and this thing comes right at us.

14 minutes ago, DB4 said:

I get the frustration, I want football too. But you can't go off of projections this far out. Have to be cautious. I think Dade and Broward could play today but might as well let everyone go home and prepare/evacuate. Better to be overprepared and nothing happen than underprepare and this thing comes right at us.

Yup that's exactly what is going on. It's all about letting people get prepared for it. 

5 hours ago, DB4 said:

I hope everyone stays safe. I got out of town and came up to Chicago. So if anyone wants updates on Simeon vs Phillips tonight, I got you lol.

Looks like Phillips shut Simeon out 14-0.  Phillips is a top 10 team in IL?

Thoughts on what you saw different with your experience at the game tonight (pros and cons) versus at top 10 team versus a top 50 team in FL?

Side note:

Simeon Phillips is actually a 2017 DL out of Oxbridge now playing at FCS Liberty...

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?pid=36960&TeamID=9&RosterID=11781

On 9/9/2017 at 11:10 PM, BrowardHandicapper said:

Looks like Phillips shut Simeon out 14-0.  Phillips is a top 10 team in IL?

Thoughts on what you saw different with your experience at the game tonight (pros and cons) versus at top 10 team versus a top 50 team in FL?

Side note:

Simeon Phillips is actually a 2017 DL out of Oxbridge now playing at FCS Liberty...

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?pid=36960&TeamID=9&RosterID=11781

Phillips is probably top 5 in IL. They beat Loyola Academy, who is ranked number 7 in the state by MaxPreps. Loyola is an 8A, Simeon is a 7A, Phillips is either 3A or 4A (they do classifications after the season & before the playoffs in IL). They also beat a 6A playoff team week 2. 

Phillips has a lot of team speed. Simeon has a ton of athletes and Phillips pretty much went cover 1 press man all game. They blitzed a lot and forced Simeon to beat them passing because they couldn't run.

J'Bore Gibbs is Phillips QB (has an offer from Eastern Michigan). 6'3, 200 lbs. Dual threat. Best offensive player Saturday was Craig Elmore, their RB and the MLB. Tough runner with moves, should play either group of 5 FBS or high level FCS. They had a TE transfer in, 6'5 220 kid Jahleel Billingsley (Purdue offer). They have a young offensive line but they'll gel as the season moves on and they'll be ready for the playoffs.

I like Phillips because they have a Florida mentality. I spoke with the head coach and he wants his team to have national exposure. Their non district games were tough. Simeon lost to Cass Tech in Detroit by 5. I expect Phillips to try and go out of state next year.

I also like them because their coach has been able to take the talent that is in Chicago, get em to the school and harness it. It's really hard to do in Chicago. Basketball is king. But he made them a football school.

1 hour ago, DB4 said:

Phillips is probably top 5 in IL. They beat Loyola Academy, who is ranked number 7 in the state by MaxPreps. Loyola is an 8A, Simeon is a 7A, Phillips is either 3A or 4A (they do classifications after the season & before the playoffs in IL). They also beat a 6A playoff team week 2. 

Phillips has a lot of team speed. Simeon has a ton of athletes and Phillips pretty much went cover 1 press man all game. They blitzed a lot and forced Simeon to beat them passing because they couldn't run.

J'Bore Gibbs is Phillips QB (has an offer from Eastern Michigan). 6'3, 200 lbs. Dual threat. Best offensive player Saturday was Craig Elmore, their RB and the MLB. Tough runner with moves, should play either group of 5 FBS or high level FCS. They had a TE transfer in, 6'5 220 kid Jahleel Billingsley (Purdue offer). They have a young offensive line but they'll gel as the season moves on and they'll be ready for the playoffs.

I like Phillips because they have a Florida mentality. I spoke with the head coach and he wants his team to have national exposure. Their non district games were tough. Simeon lost to Cass Tech in Detroit by 5. I expect Phillips to try and go out of state next year.

I also like them because their coach has been able to take the talent that is in Chicago, get em to the school and harness it. It's really hard to do in Chicago. Basketball is king. But he made them a football school.

Good stuff DB4.  Sounds like Phillips has established itself in IL as contender for states and may be building up to a midwest power in the coming years or even months.  I'll be looking out for them later this fall!