Columbia vs Robert E Lee

DisabledAccount

1 hour ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Come on 'bull, ColumbiaFan ain't 'Canes. He's a nice young man. Still a little green, but a future keeper. Now go back to the national board and get Cut-Up by those Jersey Boys :)

Dan............I actually got along pretty well with Canes. Yes, he was pretty rough around the edges and was an STA homer. But, he did have a great deal of knowledge. Many times he debated people who did not know half what he knew and I think some of those people didn't like that. When I debated him and found out that he was right and I wasn't, I complimented him. But, more than once, he showed that he knew quite a bit about my team, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Being from deep south Florida that was impressive to me.

2 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Dan............I actually got along pretty well with Canes. Yes, he was pretty rough around the edges and was an STA homer. But, he did have a great deal of knowledge. Many times he debated people who did not know half what he knew and I think some of those people didn't like that. When I debated him and found out that he was right and I wasn't, I complimented him. But, more than once, he showed that he knew quite a bit about my team, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Being from deep south Florida that was impressive to me.

He may have knowledge but he goes about things the wrong way,  instead of having a Normal conversation like most here can do he goes and attacks people but i did realize he does know football than i gave credit for but he shouldn't have to resort to attacks in every arguement he has

16 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I went to Lee. LMAO!!!

Instead of just repeating that Lee will defeat Columbia, how about telling us why? When I made a prediction that Columbia would defeat Lee and that it would not be that difficult, I at least gave some reasoning for it. Columbia has played 3 tough opponents and handled them easily. Lee played 1 semi tough opponent and just got by them. They then played 2 Sisters of the Poor. This tells me that Columbia seems to be a better team than Lee and should defeat them.  So, now tell us your reasoning why Lee is going to defeat Columbia. I'm anxious to know your reasoning. ;)

Instead of just repeating that Lee will defeat Columbia, how about telling us why? When I made a prediction that Columbia would defeat Lee and that it would not be that difficult, I at least gave some reasoning for it. Columbia has played 3 tough opponents and handled them easily. Lee played 1 semi tough opponent and just got by them. They then played 2 Sisters of the Poor. This tells me that Columbia seems to be a better team than Lee and should defeat them.  So, now tell us your reasoning why Lee is going to defeat Columbia. I'm anxious to know your reasoning. ;)

Well sorta too late they already beat us

Guess I should have checked Maxpreps before messaging. Was Lee really that good?

Lee was a fast and athletic team who was able to attack our weaknesses in the secondary and took advantage of our best pass rusher being out for the game

Overall on defense they don't look as strong as they did last year but we played sloppy and had 5 turnovers if i counted right

Overall we had chances to make it close but usually ended in a turnover 

Jones is a very quick and athletic qb who hurt us on ground and air and in my opinion is the deciding factor in the game as well as us turning ball over way too much, if we could have contained him and limit Those turnovers we could have won the game, I'll post link to game so you can check it out

Don't be surprised if they meet again in playoffs 

On 9/20/2017 at 3:11 PM, Proseteye said:

You calling Raines "semi tough" but calling Buchholz, G Ville and Suwannee "tough" opponents is all I needed. 

Thats so terrible it's borderline trolling. I know your yanking my chain. 

I knew Lee would win because they are really athletic. I seen them live in the playoffs vs Plant last year and they had some studs. Plant was just the better team and were able to control the line of scrimmage. Lee was flying around on defense and made the Plant O look plain at times. It was impressive. 

Columbia has a tough time against these teams. They were 12-1 a few years back and a really athletic Viera team came and put and ..... whoopin on them. The same Viera team who limped into the playoffs at 6-4. 

Columbia is a rural team with a stud here or there occasionally. They are a in an area of the state that is not very good for football. The whole panhandle on a state level is not very good. 

This was a really easy prediction. 

And Columbia's first 3 opponents were garbage 

6 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

You calling Raines "semi tough" but calling Buchholz, G Ville and Suwannee "tough" opponents is all I needed. 

Thats so terrible it's borderline trolling. I know your yanking my chain. 

I knew Lee would win because they are really athletic. I seen them live in the playoffs vs Plant last year and they had some studs. Plant was just the better team and were able to control the line of scrimmage. Lee was flying around on defense and made the Plant O look plain at times. It was impressive. 

Columbia has a tough time against these teams. They were 12-1 a few years back and a really athletic Viera team came and put and ass whoopin on them. The same Viera team who limped into the playoffs at 6-4. 

Columbia is a rural team with a stud here or there occasionally. They are a in an area of the state that is not very good for football. The whole panhandle on a state level is not very good. 

This was a really easy prediction. 

And Columbia's first 3 opponents were garbage 

Only one of Lee opponents were good and they same one we came back on the previous week 

All 3 of those teams were better than westside and only team of the 3 i think would lose to Mandrian would probably be Suwannee 

On 9/20/2017 at 3:02 PM, Proseteye said:

Canes is knowledgeable in many areas other than football. It didn't make him likable though. He was/is arrogant at times to the point of being an ass. 

On 9/20/2017 at 3:07 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

He may have knowledge but he goes about things the wrong way,  instead of having a Normal conversation like most here can do he goes and attacks people but i did realize he does know football than i gave credit for but he shouldn't have to resort to attacks in every arguement he has

That is why I said he was rough around the edges and yes, he probably did go about conversations in a confrontational manner. I honestly believe he got frustrated with the people on that particular forum who did not know as much as they thought they did. Canes simply enlightened them in a very direct way. Many people these days never want to be told they are wrong. They can't accept that. Made Canes the bad guy and people started to pile on, rightly or wrongly. Canes finally gave up and moved to another forum. Many members followed him. I myself never had any confrontation with him. But, then again, I learned patience in the US Navy, Viet Nam, and also much later in Desert Storm.