Miami Central vs Bishop Gorman

topnotch305

GREAT win for Miami central!!   Now, I think you guys are overreacting a bit on Central's chances vs IMG though.    Hope Central can beat em, but no one in the nation is going to bully IMG's front.   If they can mix up the pass game successfully like they did on that first drive of the second half vs Gorman, I think their chances increase.   Wish they had a better kicking game though. (punt/kickoff)

9 minutes ago, 954gator said:

GREAT win for Miami central!!   Now, I think you guys are overreacting a bit on Central's chances vs IMG though.    Hope Central can beat em, but no one in the nation is going to bully IMG's front.   If they can mix up the pass game successfully like they did on that first drive of the second half vs Gorman, I think their chances increase.   Wish they had a better kicking game though. (punt/kickoff)

IMG has the possibility of being beat by any of the top 5-10 in Florida if those teams play their best 

3 hours ago, Floridatech said:

MC da best team in the state right now but i do think CC and MNW can beat Gorman

This is a fair statement based on SOS and being 3-0.  Slaughtering Chaminade-Madonna, getting by BTW and beating Bishop Gorman is not too shabby.  There may be better teams in the state but no team has achieved more thus far other than IMG arguably.

4 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

This is a fair statement based on SOS and being 3-0.  Slaughtering Chaminade-Madonna, getting by BTW and beating Bishop Gorman is not too shabby.  There may be better teams in the state but no team has achieved more thus far other than IMG arguably.

Should be a interesting game

I hope someone streams central vs img 

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Not overreacting but I'm not gonna say MC is the best team in the state but I think with the qb that can make playes with his feet and the running game and I understand IMG can't be bullied but I'm not impressed with them so far... MNW has the best chance of beating them but MC showed me something last night with the oline n dline and far as perriman I hope kid ain't tear nothing..

5 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Not overreacting but I'm not gonna say MC is the best team in the state but I think with the qb that can make playes with his feet and the running game and I understand IMG can't be bullied but I'm not impressed with them so far... MNW has the best chance of beating them but MC showed me something last night with the oline n dline and far as perriman I hope kid ain't tear nothing..

I would add as (topnotch305 has mentioned  a few times) Central's secondary seems be suspect at times.  They are going to get beat on some big plays  at times but  let's keep in mind  the offenses/WRs that they have faced-but you better get in on them on that play.  I would say the Central secondary and defense as a whole has done well demonstrating  the cliche "bend but don't break" defense as the whole defense seems to have a extra gear sometimes inside their own redzone.  They have shown some consistency with this against CM, BTW, and BG.  

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

@BrowardHandicapper

I agree the secondary is the weaker element in their D (still good).   Not sure about the bend and don't break, as BG's two scores and at least one BTW TD were on home run passes.  

That's just going to happen though with aggressive D's (vs elite pass Os) 

Agree. They did get beat twice, and are going to get beat by the deep ball to elite Os at times but you better find pay dirt on that play.  BG was inside the 30 or even red zone a few times in that game and they could not finish.  BTW had several and even CM had a couple of blown chances that were shut down in the red zone.  Basic stuff- when the field shrinks, DBs have the advantage as the flys are diminished. 

Keep in mind after getting attacked through the air constantly, it is going to be a matter of time before they get a little stronger back there after covering so many elite WRs on the season.  

We all have to realize that IMG has not lost a game in three years plus so far this year. That is after playing all over the country against the best powerhouses. I watched the game against Chandler and Centennial. I do believe that IMG struggled somewhat against Chandler but still won by over two TD's. It was also the first game of the season and at Chandler. Against Centennial they did better winning by three TD's also at Centennial. I don't feel that IMG's QB is one of the best they have had although he has a .653% passing average. The three headed monster of Hightower, Pledger, and Burton are virtually unstoppable. IMG regularly plays OOS whereas Central is lucky to play an OOS team once every two or three years. With that said they did defeat Bishop Gorman albeit by a very close score. IMO, it will be a very good game especially if it is in Miami. But, given the total experience that IMG has in big venues and their receiver corp being better than Central's DB's, IMG will have another win under their belt.

12 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

We all have to realize that IMG has not lost a game in three years plus so far this year. That is after playing all over the country against the best powerhouses. I watched the game against Chandler and Centennial. I do believe that IMG struggled somewhat against Chandler but still won by over two TD's. It was also the first game of the season and at Chandler. Against Centennial they did better winning by three TD's also at Centennial. I don't feel that IMG's QB is one of the best they have had although he has a .653% passing average. The three headed monster of Hightower, Pledger, and Burton are virtually unstoppable. IMG regularly plays OOS whereas Central is lucky to play an OOS team once every two or three years. With that said they did defeat Bishop Gorman albeit by a very close score. IMO, it will be a very good game especially if it is in Miami. But, given the total experience that IMG has in big venues and their receiver corp being better than Central's DB's, IMG will have another win under their belt.

Central beating Bishop Gorman just made this game a lot more interesting. Pass rush of Central is going to put IMG to test. Hurried QB's tend to throw more Int's.

20 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Well I'll start by saying their most recent loss was AHP in 2015

Centennial was taking it to IMG until img started targetting the qb and injured the number 1 and 2 qb which why at this point idc who beats them but someone needs to,  we don't need a dirty team being repped as our best team in the state 

Also keep in mind they play Miami Central and Miami Northwestern back to back weeks,  that seems to be the best chance of Img taking a loss because i can't think many teams who can win back to back weeks over those 2

1 minute ago, Zoe Boy said:

Yup I don't but IMG kept all their starters in and went for the win and through a pick 6... The head coach even complained about AHP being too aggressive... So yes it was a KOC that got tooken serious..

I know it got taken serious.  The bigger disappointment that year was AHP losing in the third round.  They were loaded

23 minutes ago, badbird said:

KOC don't count unless they benefit your argument

Img played 9 regular season games,  who the freak plays 9 games by choice? 

And i could have sworn i saw somewhere before the game that img was going to count that as 10th game because keep in mind they independent so they can schedule as many games and count them as they choose to do so, so that game could have counted if they wanted to therefore i count it as a loss

26 minutes ago, badbird said:

KOC don't count unless they benefit your argument

We going back to apopka again? 

Idc if it counted for the record,  what i had a issue with was when people acted like our teams treated it as nothing more than a exhibition when starters played entire game but same thing happened with AHP vs BTW but that was considered a real game 

Just because we ain't from south Florida dont mean we didn't take our games seriously and beilive it or not but if both teams had played the way they did that night the following week when it counted we still would have won, apopka had 5 turnovers to us having 0, we would have won a regular season matchup if they did same thing 

26 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Yup I don't but IMG kept all their starters in and went for the win and through a pick 6... The head coach even complained about AHP being too aggressive... So yes it was a KOC that got tooken serious..

Ain't that ironic

Img complains about them being too physical yet they go out and try to injure other teams

Sounds like they ok with it until the tables turn then they cry like babies