Nolebull813's Top 25

nolebull813

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Did you ever see me say ponte vedra played a good schedule? 

Please quote otherwise ;)

I said ponte vedra proved they deserved to be there when they took AHP to limit but yes their schedule was weak,  maybe we see how well ponte vedra program is built now that Bolles and Trinity Christian in their district and ponte vedra don't have Mr football at qb like they did last year 

You stated Ponte Vedra's schedule does not appear to be weak last year.  I say it was.  In fact, IMO Armwood's 2016 schedule was just as good or a wince better then Ponte Vedra's 2016.   What is a harder ticket to punch to states in 2016 Lake Gibson or Clay?

I also believe Armwood's 2013 -2016 schedule were all probably at least equivalent or better then what Ponte Vedra has been playing in the same period.

So Ponte Vedra is heralded and "proved" they deserved to be there, but Armwood is some sort of outcast for getting  playing a better team and making it to states 3 years in a row.   To me making it to states in 6A 3 consecutive years and getting beat down is nothing to brag about but there is no shame either.

To stay on topic, can you explain why Columbia makes the playoffs and even Regionals so many years but always fails to get to or win states?

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

https://floridahsfootball.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1348-cbs-maxpreps-national-top-150-has-25-fl-teams-listed/

I still looking for the one i saw with armwood ranked number 1 in Florida 

This one last year had them at number 1 in 6a which in itself is crazy

I believe you and am not denying it. I also think I remember Armwood being #1 in pre-season in 6A.  But take a look at many classes pre-seasons and things change a bit.

Just now, BrowardHandicapper said:

I believe you and am not denying it. I also think I remember Armwood being #1 in pre-season in 6A.  But take a look at many classes pre-seasons and things change a bit.

Ik things change but i don't understand why they keep getting ranked over teams like northwestern and central in preseason

Had my reasoning wrote for each of the top 25 but I lost it when I lost power last night. I've worked all day and will tomorrow or I would write them again. Maybe Saturday night if I have time, and then I will post it on a new thread. You have my permission to tear my 25 apart... hopefully your replies will be insightful.

1    IMG Academy (Bradenton)    2-0
2    St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale)    2-0
3    American Heritage (Plantation)    2-0
4    Central (Miami)    3-0
5    Northwestern (Miami)    2-0
6    Cocoa    2-0
7    Venice    2-0
8    Trinity Christian 2-1
9    Plant (Tampa)    2-0
10    Viera    2-0
11    Columbia 3-0
12    Osceola (Kissimmee)    2-0
13    Dr. Phillips (Orlando)    2-0
14    Vero Beach 2-0
15    Lakeland 2-0
16    South Dade (Homestead)    2-0
17    Bartram Trail (St. Johns)    2-1
18    Booker T. Washington (Miami)    1-1
19    Armwood (Seffner)    1-0
20    Mainland (Daytona Beach)    1-1
21    Madison County (Madison)    3-0
22    Vanguard (Ocala)    3-0
23    Cardinal Gibbons (Fort Lauderdale)    2-0
24    Bolles 2-0
25    Lee 3-0
Mentions
West Florida 3-0
Carol City (Miami)    0-1
University (Orange City) 0-1
Oxbridge Academy (West Palm Beach)    1-1
Lake Gibson (Lakeland)    0-1
Jones (Orlando)    1-1
Southridge (Miami)    1-1
Chaminade Madonna  1-1

CCC 

MCC

2 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Had my reasoning wrote for each of the top 25 but I lost it when I lost power last night. I've worked all day and will tomorrow or I would write them again. Maybe Saturday night if I have time, and then I will post it on a new thread. You have my permission to tear my 25 apart... hopefully your replies will be insightful.

1    IMG Academy (Bradenton)    2-0
2    St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale)    2-0
3    American Heritage (Plantation)    2-0
4    Central (Miami)    3-0
5    Northwestern (Miami)    2-0
6    Cocoa    2-0
7    Venice    2-0
8    Trinity Christian 2-1
9    Plant (Tampa)    2-0
10    Viera    2-0
11    Columbia 3-0
12    Osceola (Kissimmee)    2-0
13    Dr. Phillips (Orlando)    2-0
14    Vero Beach 2-0
15    Lakeland 2-0
16    South Dade (Homestead)    2-0
17    Bartram Trail (St. Johns)    2-1
18    Booker T. Washington (Miami)    1-1
19    Armwood (Seffner)    1-0
20    Mainland (Daytona Beach)    1-1
21    Madison County (Madison)    3-0
22    Vanguard (Ocala)    3-0
23    Cardinal Gibbons (Fort Lauderdale)    2-0
24    Bolles 2-0
25    Lee 3-0
Mentions
West Florida 3-0
Carol City (Miami)    0-1
University (Orange City) 0-1
Oxbridge Academy (West Palm Beach)    1-1
Lake Gibson (Lakeland)    0-1
Jones (Orlando)    1-1
Southridge (Miami)    1-1
Chaminade Madonna  1-1

You think Viera is better than Vero even tho they beat em

1 minute ago, Cat_Scratch said:

MaxPreps and CalPreps agree that Viera is ranked above Vero. 

Season is just getting started... plenty of time to figure it out.

I will say that I like both teams to make the playoffs and past the 2nd and 3rd rounds...

The only thing probably certain at this time is that Vero has a better chance of winning a state title, as St. Thomas Aquinas presents a far more formidable challenge than any of Vero's likely playoff opponents. Besides this, I will agree that both teams seem to be pretty good. But the season is young and has been disrupted pretty badly ... so who knows.

9 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Was just answering Cocoa 2010's question. Not debating the legitimacy or illegitimacy of a KOC win. Some such games are for real, others are not.

And both teams took it seriously Vero kept their starters in for most of the game yes seconds came in late in the game but the starters took the final snap

9 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Viera lost to Vero in the KOC, My opinion is that KOC's are for testing game plans and getting players ready.

I feel Viera beating Gonzaga is better than Vero beating Oscar Smith. Both were excellent wins.

So what the starters for both teams stayed in Viera was up 21-7 and Vero went up 28-21 for halftime and beat them 42-30 KOC or not Vero proved to overcome 

9 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

The only thing probably certain at this time is that Vero has a better chance of winning a state title, as St. Thomas Aquinas presents a far more formidable challenge than any of Vero's likely playoff opponents. Besides this, I will agree that both teams seem to be pretty good. But the season is young and has been disrupted pretty badly ... so who knows.

Lol we'll see how Vero does in the playoffs not gonna lie Viera recent playoff run looks better than what Vero has done lately in the playoffs

No.  But they play versus a stronger level of competition and stay pretty consistent.  Gonzaga has generally been a top 5 team in Maryland/DC for about 4 years now.  To me those teams are stronger then Oscar C. Smith generally speaking.

DeMatha (MD) 42 @ Oscar C. Smith 7      2016   - Case in point.

Dematha (MD) 23 @ Gonzaga 13               2016

27 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

No.  But they play versus a stronger level of competition and stay pretty consistent.  Gonzaga has generally been a top 5 team in Maryland/DC for about 4 years now.  To me those teams are stronger then Oscar C. Smith generally speaking.

DeMatha (MD) 42 @ Oscar C. Smith 7      2016   - Case in point.

Dematha (MD) 23 @ Gonzaga 13               2016

True that is a point but why is Viera ranked over Vero when Viera couldn't even keep a two TD lead over Vero cmon now i saw that game up close that game was a KOC BUT it was like a playoff game

10 hours ago, Floridatech said:

True that is a point but why is Viera ranked over Vero when Viera couldn't even keep a two TD lead over Vero cmon now i saw that game up close that game was a KOC BUT it was like a playoff game

You're telling the wrong guy...You should probably tell Columbia your thoughts on that one...