What do you want to see on FloridaHSFootball.com?

Joshua Wilson

I may have done this in the past, but time to do it again... I want to hear from you all what you want to see on FloridaHSFootball.com. Tell me here. All ideas will be given consideration.

Some thoughts could possibly include: Content you want to see, features, etc.

Just leave your thoughts here and I will read them. 

-- Josh

a preview and a write up of each team entering the season and during. and not just the well known ranked teams.

bold predictions of each week and each matchup each week added with our own personal predictions.

a place where we can post live footage and videos from games so that people that cant make it can watch.

i'll think of more lol.

Honestly something I've thought about was i wish there was a easy way for us fans to give feedback on the articles on the site especially the ranking and prediction ones 

Ik there a comment section but I'm not sure how to use it and one of my most favorite parts of this football forum is being able to comment feedback or create topics at a moment notice and could spend entire day talking football so maybe something to make feedback easier

I also might think of more

6 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

a preview and a write up of each team entering the season and during. and not just the well known ranked teams.

bold predictions of each week and each matchup each week added with our own personal predictions.

a place where we can post live footage and videos from games so that people that cant make it can watch.

i'll think of more lol.

I like the idea but I think the only way to do that would be to have submissions from readers.  Josh doesn't have a big enough staff to cover 500+ teams.  

A permanent ban on everyone that represents the Lakeland Dreadnaughts. Not seriously haha I'm over that now. But in all seriousness can we just get one article that tells everyone how special Ryan Smenda is that dude is a beast, and in my biased opinion the best LB in the state.

6 minutes ago, Joker99 said:

A permanent ban on everyone that represents the Lakeland Dreadnaughts. Not seriously haha I'm over that now. But in all seriousness can we just get one article that tells everyone how special Ryan Smenda is that dude is a beast, and in my biased opinion the best LB in the state.

Care to send me some film on him lol

I would like to see for myself lol

I travel about 7 months a year with work and listen to a lot of Podcast. Was snooping around and thought I’d look up your podcast. Found it on my iphones podcast app no problem, until I realized you guys haven’t updated it since May 8th. I would’ve listened sooner if I had knew about it being on there and honestly I don’t even see a direct link on your site (via mobile device-iPhone) that even links it. Maybe you guys could remind people more that you guys have one and keep it updated to where we can listen to it? Not sure if we can even download the current podcast honestly. Might be a better revenue stream for you guys if you can sell to advertisers that they would be featured on it and make it a bigger focal point on the site? Just throwing it out there thank you for everything else you guys do!

3 hours ago, Trelle said:

I travel about 7 months a year with work and listen to a lot of Podcast. Was snooping around and thought I’d look up your podcast. Found it on my iphones podcast app no problem, until I realized you guys haven’t updated it since May 8th. I would’ve listened sooner if I had knew about it being on there and honestly I don’t even see a direct link on your site (via mobile device-iPhone) that even links it. Maybe you guys could remind people more that you guys have one and keep it updated to where we can listen to it? Not sure if we can even download the current podcast honestly. Might be a better revenue stream for you guys if you can sell to advertisers that they would be featured on it and make it a bigger focal point on the site? Just throwing it out there thank you for everything else you guys do!

It was promoted like crazy on social media, on the site and on this board when it was being updated on a regular basis. Josh has it on hold for the time being so he can sort things out and priortize things that are what the fans want the most. 

On 9/23/2017 at 11:23 AM, Trelle said:

Trelle, I am reworking somethings. It has become evident that while doing my Scoreboard Show LIVE with video/audio is the correct method while doing my podcast with LIVE video is not what people want. So I am reworking to do audio only which I can with the equipment I have afforded to me. The podcast can be a revenue stream indeed, but we will need businesses that are willing to commit and commit to it for a while, not just one or two shows. 

However, as it has been pointed out so far, I can only take things so far on what I have now so that is why I am going to be launching a Patreon account here soon where you all the fans can help contribute (if you want to). It will help keep things flowing here, allow for new things to be considered, plus help cover costs including the maintenance that covers a full dedicated server that this site runs on. Unfortunately, what I do provide free has a cost and that cost has to be paid for somehow some way.

On 9/21/2017 at 4:53 PM, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

i'll think of more lol.

Dillard, I wish I could do such a thing. What you are asking for is asking for a highly big budget of at least $1 million a year at the minimum to cover salaries for staff and operations to pull off such a thing. I throw this number out there because it is not a cheap proposition. It takes money to do this and unfortunately, it takes money to pay people to do this. I can only legally do so much with interns, provided they are gaining some in an educational experience.

To have live footage and video from games, that is where the NFHS Network comes in for some of that, but to have something to where you all can upload, you are talking about looking upgrading to have at least two to three servers to handle the traffic on top of needing ton more bandwidth to have for video playback. 

I love the ideas, just limitations with funding is going to make it tough to even consider at this point. 

A regional or classification section where a few games are highlighted each week.  Nothing too in depth maybe just a sentence per highlighted matchup i.e. "Wakulla will take on an undefeated Godby team this Friday In a huge matchup for control of the district".  I think this would help keep everyone interested in games outside their normal region or class.

It would be nice to see an up-to-date playoff rankings.
It would be nice to see a follow-up interviews with Florida's Mr. Football from previous years (especially some of the old-timers).
It would be nice to see a career stats leaderboard in Florida (maybe, Buddy Collings). It would be nice as well to have a listing of All-State teams from previous years.
It would be nice to see 5-10 teams followed throughout the season of various quality. Maybe, a Stanton Prep, a Forest Hills (WPB), a Clewiston, a Plant, Lakeland, Niceville, Hialeah, and  small private school. 
It would be nice to know the true cost of football (referees, ticket takers, security, travel, uniforms, helmets being re-conditioned, pads, footballs, HUDL) etc. and how school districts are dealing with rising costs.

On 9/21/2017 at 4:49 PM, Joshua Wilson said:

I may have done this in the past, but time to do it again... I want to hear from you all what you want to see on FloridaHSFootball.com. Tell me here. All ideas will be given consideration.

Some thoughts could possibly include: Content you want to see, features, etc.

Just leave your thoughts here and I will read them. 

-- Josh

Get definitive information from the FHSAA re: when the region standings will be updated.  List some of the issues you see resulting from the new point system.  Also, provide a list of upcoming makeup games since the FHSAA doesn't bother to do that.  It's disappointing to miss nearby make up games because nobody bothers to list them.

10 hours ago, SilverStar092 said:

Get definitive information from the FHSAA re: when the region standings will be updated.  List some of the issues you see resulting from the new point system.  Also, provide a list of upcoming makeup games since the FHSAA doesn't bother to do that.  It's disappointing to miss nearby make up games because nobody bothers to list them.

The problem with this is they are getting rescheduled in rapid fire and I am only one person trying to do the job of five people and just can't keep up, especially with the fact we are talking an entire state trying to make up games. I am trying to update standings, but no sooner I turn around either someone is making up a game or rescheduling a game. It is frustrating me and yes it is causing problems for the FHSAA because some of the schools are not being communicative about things on their end like they should be.