Edison (4A-4)
Pine Crest (4A-4)

Somerset Academy Pembroke Pines (4A-4)
Astronaut (4A-3)

Of Note:
Coral Springs Charter (4A-4)
Mt. Dora (4A-2)

What about Cocoa Beach?

they are terrible and their schedule is full of teams in the SSAC conference.

here is there schedule.  If they went undefeated with this schedule they still shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs.

orangewood christian, father lopez, cfca, deltona trinity, halifax, warner christian, bayshore christian, lake placid, trinity prep, satellite

7 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

What about Cocoa Beach?

Never Heard of them ;)..

Thanks KeemD321!  My bad.  I'll take your word on it since you have likely seen them play.  I made them "of note"  and will keep an eye on them but from what I see they probably would lose to a team like Mt. Dora by double digits.

For comparison you have a team like Somerset Academy annihilating teams like Father Lopez, Orangewood Christian and then getting running-clocked by North Broward Prep....

I felt putting Somerset Academy at 19 was fair.  I put Astronaut at 20 but I am not sure if they could even hang with a team like Somerset Academy. 

Is Cocoa Beach  better then Astronaut?

We'll see how they pan out....

I do probably have Trenton a tad high but I think they are on the rise.   

I also should note  I wanted to put Key West and Gulliver Prep who are both hot right now above Glades Central but leaned Glades Central on scheduling and believing they do get their stuff together.  Gulliver Prep play's at 3A Kings Academy on 10/13 and I'm really curious if  one team exposes another there.  For now they are both playing good football and are playoff ready teams.

3 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Broward I usally agree with you but hard not to be on the rise with their schedule only good team on it is Dixie 1a and lafayette1a other then that there schedule is weak and come playoffs they will not be tested or ready for 4a IMO. Not the same Trenton from the last few years.

4 minutes ago, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

Broward I usally agree with you but hard not to be on the rise with their schedule only good team on it is Dixie 1a and lafayette1a other then that there schedule is weak and come playoffs they will not be tested or ready for 4a IMO. Not the same Trenton from the last few years.

to be fair region 2 of 4a is not even as good as their 1a region last year

14 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I also should note  I wanted to put Key West and Gulliver Prep who are both hot right now above Glades Central but leaned Glades Central on scheduling and believing they do get their stuff together.  Gulliver Prep play's at 3A Kings Academy on 10/13 and I'm really curious if  one team exposes another there.  For now they are both playing good football and are playoff ready teams.

wasn't last time Gulliver prep good when they had sean taylor?

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

to be fair region 2 of 4a is not even as good as their 1a region last year

They only play one 4a team all year south Sumter who is way down from last year everything else is 1A teams like bell Branford Bronson chiefland and Hamilton all should be 40+ wins the PK young another 40 plus win newberry we will see this Friday.

8 minutes ago, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

Newberry is down a bit this year as well but still appear to be a decent team(no pushover).    If Trenton is not able to hang with them, then I will adjust accordingly.

What I am noticing is it appears the depth in 3A runs deeper then 4A right now. 

5 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Newberry is down a bit this year as well but still appear to be a decent team(no pushover).    If Trenton is not able to hang with them, then I will adjust accordingly.

What I am noticing is it appears the depth in 3A runs deeper then 4A right now. 

newberry got surprised by eastside who is actually won 3 straight games, if eastside beats belleview they will win district since eastside just beat north marion this past week

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

wasn't last time Gulliver prep good when they had sean taylor?

Not sure .  They were good in 2008 (perhaps top 50), and lost to a very good Bolles team at States.  They have been a pretty consistent program and usually win most of the the games they are capable of.  

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Dunnellon is the only team I see in that region that I can say beats Trenton without doubts

Trenton is capable of beating any of the others in region 2

Have seeing both Bradford and Trenton I would say toss up between them. Depends on what team want it more that night if they play.

11 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Dunnellon is the only team I see in that region that I can say beats Trenton without doubts

Trenton is capable of beating any of the others in region 2

Dunnellon was up 15 in the 4th quarter against Madison and let it slip away 24-21. However, don't think they will have much trouble the rest of the way with the exception of possibly Baker County. Dunnellon is a very good balanced team.

16 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Dunnellon was up 15 in the 4th quarter against Madison and let it slip away 24-21. However, don't think they will have much trouble the rest of the way with the exception of possibly Baker County. Dunnellon is a very good balanced team.

They should have beaten Madison with lead they had

I get feeling someone sneaks up on madison this year 

On the subject of Cocoa Beach.

There have been years that Cocoa Beach may have had a decent team, but in the last 4 or 5 years the Minutemen have been soft, very soft. I just don't see them beating Astronaut, but I have not seen either team play this year.          So what do I know?

Good question.  

I know Astronaut isn't what they once were, but that they still get up for games and at times can play for 4 quarters, and not just go through the motions. They usually have a balanced low scoring Offense and a porous Defense. I don't give them much of a chance getting past the first round this year, but they did beat 6A Eau Gallie, not much of a win but still a win.

I Know that Cocoa Beach can have that one game when they click and make some big plays against some decent teams. Cocoa Beach grooms QB's and WR's. Once every 4 or 5 years they find a good QB and sometimes they even have a Good QB and WR combo the same year. Then they win 4 or 5 games and fight Astronaut for a playoff spot. This year, I'm not sure, but if I had to guess, I would say they don't make the playoffs. I could be wrong... Plain and simple. Cocoa Beach is equal to a 5-5 2A team.

This year... I have Astronaut by at least 2 TD's over Cocoa Beach.

T

2 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

On the subject of Cocoa Beach.

There have been years that Cocoa Beach may have had a decent team, but in the last 4 or 5 years the Minutemen have been soft, very soft. I just don't see them beating Astronaut, but I have not seen either team play this year.          So what do I know?

Good question.  

I know Astronaut isn't what they once were, but that they still get up for games and at times can play for 4 quarters, and not just go through the motions. They usually have a balanced low scoring Offense and a porous Defense. I don't give them much of a chance getting past the first round this year, but they did beat 6A Eau Gallie, not much of a win but still a win.

I Know that Cocoa Beach can have that one game when they click and make some big plays against some decent teams. Cocoa Beach grooms QB's and WR's. Once every 4 or 5 years they find a good QB and sometimes they even have a Good QB and WR combo the same year. Then they win 4 or 5 games and fight Astronaut for a playoff spot. This year, I'm not sure, but if I had to guess, I would say they don't make the playoffs. I could be wrong... Plain and simple. Cocoa Beach is equal to a 5-5 2A team.

This year... I have Astronaut by at least 2 TD's over Cocoa Beach.

Thank for the insight on Astronaut and Cocoa Beach, Cat_Scratch.  

Do you feel I have Astronaut  about correctly at 20ish in 4A , or would you have them in the next tier up with Bradford and West Nassau?

16 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

T

Thank for the insight on Astronaut and Cocoa Beach, Cat_Scratch.  

Do you feel I have Astronaut  about correctly at 20ish in 4A , or would you have them in the next tier up with Bradford and West Nassau?

20ish in 4A is about right. Astronaut averages about 6 yards a carry. About 8 or 9 yards per carry against average 3-4A teams, and 3 or so vs average 5-6A teams. They get beat hard by good 3-4A teams and slaughtered by good teams 5A and up. Astronauts passing game causes little worry against decent defenses.

On Wed Oct 04 2017 at 10:37 AM, BrowardHandicapper said:

Never Heard of them ;)..

Thanks KeemD321!  My bad.  I'll take your word on it since you have likely seen them play.  I made them "of note"  and will keep an eye on them but from what I see they probably would lose to a team like Mt. Dora by double digits.

For comparison you have a team like Somerset Academy annihilating teams like Father Lopez, Orangewood Christian and then getting running-clocked by North Broward Prep....

I felt putting Somerset Academy at 19 was fair.  I put Astronaut at 20 but I am not sure if they could even hang with a team like Somerset Academy. 

Is Cocoa Beach  better then Astronaut?

We'll see how they pan out....

I feel like they are better than  Astronaut at this point in the season and they did beat key west at key west but I think that might have been a KOC.  There game with Satellite will tell it all tho. That will be a very high scoring game. Satellite has a well improved offense and the culture there has changed for the better. And I take that back on cocoa beach beating key west. I was thinking about satellite so I retract my statement about cocoa beach lol