My thoughts on IMG NW game

topnotch305

I know some of you thought I'd get missing from here but I drove up from Miami and back same day and had to recoop Sunday... You can not beat IMG with mistakes, penalties, and giving them a short field to play with. When you have a chance to make a play you have to make them.. The missed pick that turn into a IMG td, fumbled snaps, etc cannot happen and they did..  IMG turned ball over 4 times! You have to convert into points! The OC has to put the most talent on the field at all times to give team the best chance to win. The team played as if it was not there mentally.. I kno coach was admitted to hospital while up there and didn't attend game and one of our players had attended father's funeral earlier in the day but expected a tighter game. I can humbly admit IMG was the better team. Just wished the NW team I know played a little better than they did Saturday... But they need to take that loss and do what they need to do to improve if they want to win state this year. 

24 minutes ago, topnotch305 said:

I know some of you thought I'd get missing from here but I drove up from Miami and back same day and had to recoop Sunday... You can not beat IMG with mistakes, penalties, and giving them a short field to play with. When you have a chance to make a play you have to make them.. The missed pick that turn into a IMG td, fumbled snaps, etc cannot happen and they did..  IMG turned ball over 4 times! You have to convert into points! The OC has to put the most talent on the field at all times to give team the best chance to win. The team played as if it was not there mentally.. I kno coach was admitted to hospital while up there and didn't attend game and one of our players had attended father's funeral earlier in the day but expected a tighter game. I can humbly admit IMG was the better team. Just wished the NW team I know played a little better than they did Saturday... But they need to take that loss and do what they need to do to improve if they want to win state this year. 

They play Central very soon which i think will be on ESPN so they will have a shot at catching back up in 6a race and retaking the front-runner spot

Topnotch, very good assessment of the game which I watched on youtube. For any high school team to beat IMG, it is essential they play mistake free football 

MNW did not play mistake free ball and they paid the price. I thought the officials overly favored IMG. But at the end of the day, it probably did not affect the final outcome. Northwestern's season is by no means done. But they need to get by Central and a dangerous Norland team.

My thoughts are, after watching both the IMG/Central game and the IMG/Northwestern game, is that IMO Central is the better team. More disciplined and with better players. That is why they are in the top 10 nationally and Northwestern is only in the top 10 in Florida. Northwestern showed what kind of ordinary team they were when they lost their QB in the 4th quarter. Was not able to do anything offensively. #5, who is an exceptional QB, is 50% of the team. Now, #5 could be the difference when they meet up with Central. However, if Central is able to rough up #5 like IMG did, then don't expect to defeat Central. Just telling it as I see it.

16 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

Man on that fumble near the endzone, it looked like Atwell gave up on the play.  Kid looked frustrated.   Seemed like so many flag were being called.    I'm not talking about the false starts or offsides etc, but the questionable facemasks, PIs, and holding calls.   

12 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Topnotch, very good assessment of the game which I watched on youtube. For any high school team to beat IMG, it is essential they play mistake free football 

MNW did not play mistake free ball and they paid the price. I thought the officials overly favored IMG. But at the end of the day, it probably did not affect the final outcome. Northwestern's season is by no means done. But they need to get by Central and a dangerous Norland team.

It was a joke to be honest.   Not only does IMG have every advantage, they get every clutch flag.   They seemed to get some def flag on 3rd and long every time, and MNW seemed to get stuck in 1st/2nd and 20 every series.  

I'd be interested in seeing the official stats of this game.   I swear one series MNW had like 80 yards of offense only to be in the exact same spot.   

17 hours ago, Proseteye said:

My thoughts are, after watching both the IMG/Central game and the IMG/Northwestern game, is that IMO Central is the better team. More disciplined and with better players. That is why they are in the top 10 nationally and Northwestern is only in the top 10 in Florida. Northwestern showed what kind of ordinary team they were when they lost their QB in the 4th quarter. Was not able to do anything offensively. #5, who is an exceptional QB, is 50% of the team. Now, #5 could be the difference when they meet up with Central. However, if Central is able to rough up #5 like IMG did, then don't expect to defeat Central. Just telling it as I see it.

We play them on 10/20... Lets see if your right

18 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I didn't want to say nothing about the officials because some would say. I'm being a homer. But I saw db get clothes line trying to block a punt on front of the ref and no flag lol... All i could do is laugh..

1 minute ago, topnotch305 said:

I didn't want to say nothing about the officials because some would say. I'm being a homer. But I saw db get clothes line trying to block a punt on front of the ref and no flag lol... All i could do is laugh..

I saw that too. In fact even one of their commentators though it was going to be a flag but quickly shut his mouth when he realized it was not called. 

I also saw a face mask called which did not seem that way to me and others. The funny thing is that commentators kept stressing that a loss by MNW would not affect your quest for a State Title. However, a loss by IMG would affect their National Ranking. I found that profoundly arrogant since an undefeated MNW would also be in the National conversation. It is what it is.  

19 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I saw that too. In fact even one of their commentators though it was going to be a flag but quickly shut his mouth when he realized it was not called. 

I also saw a face mask called which did not seem that way to me and others. The funny thing is that commentators kept stressing that a loss by MNW would not affect your quest for a State Title. However, a loss by IMG would affect their National Ranking. I found that profoundly arrogant since an undefeated MNW would also be in the National conversation. It is what it is.  

Term is homer commentary lol

8 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Cudda, shudda, wudda. The last cry of every defeated team. The refs don't live anywhere near Bradenton. If their homers then they traveled a long way to be so. Everyone should face the facts that IMG was just a better team and move on.

I said the commentary team were homers 

Columbia............I basically replied to this entire thread. Was not directing my comments to any one person. There were some that made excuses for MNW. The only excuse was that they didn't play well enough. Penalties, the Refs, a new moon, although interesting, have little bearing on why IMG won.

And Venice is the next victim. 

I was angry with the way IMG took out Judson in the 1st quarter, but the truth is, Cocoa should not have played them. With Judson in, Cocoa plays a much better game. Maybe scores 4 TD's even. But in the end, IMG still gets 42+, so at best it's 42-28 or something like that.

Venice fixing to feel the pain.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2017 at 11:11 PM, Proseteye said:

Oh ok 21 7 final... rockets finally scored with 2 mins left... Just telling you how I saw it.