Class 6A through first week of October

Well At the Begining of The season I had a Few teams I was sure about and I had a few teams I was optimistic about but since the start of the season added with hurricane Irma and the football delay that came with it rounding up with the few games after this my personal assessment on class 6A.

#THE_KiNGS_OF_6A

#1 MiAMi CENTRAL ROCKETS - At 5-1 the rockets in my opinion are the king of 6A right now. They've destroyed a powerhouse in chaminade madonna they went on the road to Nevada and beat the defending national champion bishop Gorman pretty handily & take away a few crazy plays they could have beat the number 2 team in the nation in Img Academy but ultimately fell 24-15. Yes granted the rockets haven't played their two Rivals in Miami northwestern & defending 6A champion Miami Carol city & yes in those games records go out the window and anything could happen but right now today I give the rockets not only the best chance to win that district but also to win the entire 6A championship. In my opinion they are the most complete team in that district ? Perfect ? No but most complete especially with that 4 headed monster at the Rb position.

#2 MiAMi NORTHWESTERN - Sitting at 4-1 the Bulls are a team to be reckoned With and with tutu playmaker atwell at the helm they sky is the limit. But how healthy is he after that rough game against the ascenders ?? Going into that game the bulls surrounded themselves with a lot of hype declaring they were the king of district 6A-16 and poking fun at the Roc boys because they couldn't get the job done only for the bulls to go up there and get beat 21-0. Assessment from the game the bulls defense is Very stout and would keep them in almost very game they play but Img did Expose some notable flaws in the bulls. What were some of the flaws ? Being undisciplined the bulls racked up over a hundred yards in penalties on foolish illegal motion penalties and false starts and if your going to win a state title you can't move backwards you have to move forward and put yourself in the best position possible. Their secondary while their d line is stout their secondary can be passed on the bulls live and die by Qb pressure and sacks when they can't get home they get frustrated and tend to start making mistakes. Another assessment is that the bulls also love the deep ball and the big plays take that away from them and they get pretty 1 dimensional and rely heavily on tutu atwell to make plays with his feet which end up causing him to get hurt and kept out of the remainder of the game vs Img. All in all if no one else can Right the ship the bulls can and the game vs Miami central is a game I will most definitely keep my eyes on. 

MiAMi CAROL CiTY-  Also sitting at 3-1 the chiefs have quietly have become the chiefs that won it all last year which was stout on defense & hard to stop on offense after a hiccup in a low scoring rained out affair vs 8a power Deerfield beach the Cheifs have outscored their last 3 opponents 124-0!!!! & look to have something to say about all those who have been riding the bulls & roc Boyd championship band wagon but with their next 4 games being against defending 8a champion southride Miami northwestern booker t & Miami central those 4 games are going to really show how serious the chiefs are.

#UNFORTUNATE_POSiTiON 

MiAMI NORLAND VIKINGS at 2-3 I really feel for the Vikings the Vikings who are by no way shape or form a slouch and is very much improved they just so happen to be in the best high school football district in the country where if you ask me put them in any other district and the Vikings are at the very least playing in the game for the rights to go to states or the final 4. The Vikings have 3 loses on the season but 1 game against powerhouse apopka in a game that was called short because of the weather and the other two was close loses 1 23-12 to class 6A fav Miami central and the other a 21-0 to Miami Carol city. Unfortunately for the Vikings their more then likely won't get into the playoffs but I can tell you this they will make their presence known in every game they play.

#TEAMS_TO_KEEP_A_EYE_ON 

#1 ARMWOOD sitting at 4-0 and ranked #55 in the nation the hawks like always look to make a deep run in the 6A playoffs they've won all 4 games by double digits but will the lack of touch schedule cost them again come playoff time ?? Let's keep a eye on them and see.

VANGUARD KNiGHTS- At 5-0 the knights are rolling destroying everything in their path they also won a 44-33 thriller vs a very solid buchholz team and they look to continue rolling vs a solid Gainesville squad but like armwood will the lack of being battle tested come back to bite them in the playoffs?? Let's keep our eye on them and see. 

ST AUGUSTiNE YELLOW JACKETS - the yellow jackets sit at 4-0 and look to make some noise this year in class 6A they had a solid win vs a very good bartram trail team and they look to continue surging on the road vs ponte Vedra this Friday this is a team to keep a eye on folks. 

#TEAMS_i_WAS_OPTiMiSTiC_ABOUT 

#1 DiLLARD HiGH PANTHERS At the begining of the season I was very optimistic About my panthers. To win 6A? Heck no!! But with the transfers and etc I really thought that the panthers would come out strong make a statement vs booker t and Deerfield and show the world Dillard high football was back and to actually be a tough out in the playoffs instead the panthers started out 0-3 and in 5 games haven't scored not a single point in the first half in either game which should be some sort of Broward county record lol but at 2-3 the panthers yes have won two in a row but their no where near championship or 2nd or 3rd round caliber their 1-0 in district play and very well could be district champions but I expect another blowout first round exist depending on how the seeding is set up. 

BOYNTON BEACH TiGERS- at the beginning of the season I heard a lot of hype about the tigers and how their going to turn heads this year and after a solid win vs Olympic heights to start the season the tigers looked to be doing just that only to be out scored their next 3 games 63-3 !!! To sit at 1-3 at this current point. And things get no better this Friday vs a glades central team who just got blanked by Oxbridge last week yes the raiders may be trying to find their identity at this point but as for this Friday I believe they will find it early and often. 

6A - SUMMARY while their are a few games to go in this football season the contenders and pretenders have already separated themselves and why anything can happen on any given night we all have a pretty good idea who should be in Orlando come November. 

#CONTENDERS

Miami Central 

Miami northwestern 

Miami Carol city 

Armwood

Vanguard 

#PRETENDERS 

Dillard 

Boynton beach 

#DiSSAPOiNTED_SO_FAR 

#1 Mainland buccaneers in what is usually a always solid football program the bucs have started out slow this season bringing back a good amount of the talent from last years team the bucs find themselves sitting at 2-2 with a huge game vs cocoa this Friday I expected the bucs to really content this year and maybe give the beast from the south a run for their money but so far in what I've seen if it was another matchup between the bucs and a team from the south it wouldn't be close.

#HOW_i_FEEL_ABOUT_6A_AS_A_WHOLE

How I feel about class 6A as a whole is there is the big 3!! & then everyone else 

Miami central

Miami northwestern 

Miami Carol city 

Level below .! 

THE OPTIMISTIC 

Vanguard 

armwood 

st Augustine 

Overall I look forward to a exciting finish this season and a exciting playoffs here's to well played & a serious injury free games moving forward.

Vanguard looks to be as good as last year and armwood lost their chance at playing plant and likely dominates remaining oppenents, i see a upset brewing there 

Also don't sleep on Lake Gibson yet,  they beat armwood last year so they have a punchers chance as does St Augustine who might be the northeast coasts most consistent program (duval/st johns) 

Also honestly at this point i only see broward County champ from District 15 getting in which at this stage probably Dillard 

I think Norland if they get to 6-4 makes the playoffs 

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Vanguard looks to be as good as last year and armwood lost their chance at playing plant and likely dominates remaining oppenents, i see a upset brewing there 

Also don't sleep on Lake Gibson yet,  they beat armwood last year so they have a punchers chance as does St Augustine who might be the northeast coasts most consistent program (duval/st johns) 

Also honestly at this point i only see broward County champ from District 15 getting in which at this stage probably Dillard 

I think Norland if they get to 6-4 makes the playoffs 

I agree with all with what u said bro should be a exciting finish.

From the panhandle it seems very similar to last year. From district 1, it will probably be Tate. Escambia and Pine Forest are up and down, but Escambia is starting to come along. From district 2 it will be either Gulf Breeze or Navarre. Gulf Breeze should be undefeated but got hosed by the officials at the end of the PIne Forest game and lost on last play. Navarre is consistent, but doesn't have the point spread like in previous seasons (closer games). From district 3 it will be either Crestview or Niceville. Crestview had a big win against West Fl Tech. Niceville had a big shootout last week with Fort Walton Beach, and either FWB is better or Niceville isn't the 'traditional' Niceville. The next 3 weeks will shake itself out. 

FWB is good, they really impressed me.   Niceville is young.  They can be a bit erratic at times.  Crestview has a great defense it appears but the offense hasn't done much against tougher opposition, but they don't have to.   FWB vs Crestview will be a great game.   I'm sorry Navarre at Crestview got cancelled, that would have been fun, and of course Niceville and Crestview will be interesting.

IMO whatever happens in the panhandle is pretty irrelevant. I think we can all agree that 6a panhandle teams are all playing for a chance to get to the semis and thats it. It has been that way for a good amount of years now and it is only getting worse. Overall team speed has proven to be the biggest issue with 6a teams from the panhandle. Am i wrong? 

Smaller pool of talent and less recruitment.   I'd love to see the S. Florida teams travel for state matches like the Panhandle has too, that might even the field a bit. There is no reason why state playoffs in every sport have to be in the Orlando area.   They could easily move them on alternating years to Tallahassee.

23 hours ago, Roadkillav8r said:

Smaller pool of talent and less recruitment.   I'd love to see the S. Florida teams travel for state matches like the Panhandle has too, that might even the field a bit. There is no reason why state playoffs in every sport have to be in the Orlando area.   They could easily move them on alternating years to Tallahassee.

How would that even the talent field? MNW traveled to Tallahassee and beat the breaks off of a good Rickards team.. Do you mean field advantage?

Outside of Miami, everybody else is irrelevant. The panhandle got talent but it's just spread out. I don't know what to make of Crestview yet. They looked really good last year until they lost to Gulf Breeze. Everybody else is pretty much on the same level. Escambia seems like they're peaking but I don't think they're a threat to make it to the semis at this time. 

7 hours ago, uncleluke23 said:

Outside of Miami, everybody else is irrelevant. The panhandle got talent but it's just spread out. I don't know what to make of Crestview yet. They looked really good last year until they lost to Gulf Breeze. Everybody else is pretty much on the same level. Escambia seems like they're peaking but I don't think they're a threat to make it to the semis at this time. 

Really? 

Guess lake Gibson was irrelevant when they went to Orlando to took Carol City to limit better than half their South Florida opponents did last year then?

While i see south keeping the 6a this year the gap is not nearly as wide as it has been in the past

9 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Really? 

Guess lake Gibson was irrelevant when they went to Orlando to took Carol City to limit better than half their South Florida opponents did last year then?

While i see south keeping the 6a this year the gap is not nearly as wide as it has been in the past

I mean Carol City did lose 2 games last year down here ijs...

Here's a list of teams who were beaten by Miami Carol City easier then they beat Lake Gibson at state

Miami Southridge 

Miami Central 

Mainland 

Miami Norland 

Lakeland

Charlotte 

Dillard

As well as American and southwest 

The only team outside of the first 2 teams who beat Carol City who was closer to them was Miami Northwestern in both matchups who might have been as good at Miami Carol City 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Here's a list of teams who were beaten by Miami Carol City easier then they beat Lake Gibson at state

Miami Southridge 

Miami Central 

Mainland 

Miami Norland 

Lakeland

Charlotte 

Dillard

As well as American and southwest 

The only team outside of the first 2 teams who beat Carol City who was closer to them was Miami Northwestern in both matchups who might have been as good at Miami Carol City 

But still lost 2 games.. They were no doubt Carol City led the whole game with a td getting called back.. Not shitting on Lake Gibson but the game wasn’t that close like you think.. Lake Gibson probably pass the 50 yard line like 3 times the whole game(I’m guessing).. But they brought it tho ... But your saying they played closer then any other team last year even tho they lost Coral Gables, i think  Oxbridge and Da West ....

Just now, Zoe Boy said:

But still lost 2 games.. They were no doubt Carol City led the whole game with a td getting called back.. Not shitting on Lake Gibson but the game wasn’t that close like you think.. Lake Gibson probably pass the 50 yard line like 3 times the whole game(I’m guessing).. But they brought it tho ... But your saying they played closer then any other team last year even tho they lost Coral Gables, i think  Oxbridge and Da West ....

I said over half, not all of them

they lost their first 2 games then both games with northwestern were close but every other opponent got beat more soundly then lake Gibson did at states so to say any team not in Miami is irrelevant is a statement that really isn't backed up by last year results and this year hasn't had enough games to give us a full read on 2017 especially since basically every class is wide open right now

2 minutes ago, uncleluke23 said:

I just don't see no one beating whoever comes out of Miami and until then everybody else is irrelevant. 

We never know how good Vanguard, St. Augustine and Armwood really are until the playoffs.

Lake Gibson 3-4 this year so they look down. 

they are 2-3 by my count but yes they appear down but cant be counted out yet

they may not beat whoever comes out of Miami but whoever comes out of the 6a Miami could finish as a top 5 team in florida so I don't think losing to a top 5 team in the best state in nation makes them irrelevant lol

2 hours ago, uncleluke23 said:

I just don't see no one beating whoever comes out of Miami and until then everybody else is irrelevant. 

We never know how good Vanguard, St. Augustine and Armwood really are until the playoffs.

Lake Gibson 3-4 this year so they look down. 

The problem is they knock each other off in the playoffs so we never get a chance to see how the also ran's would fair against a Central or comparable SF team. Being a Vanguard fan I would love to see them one on one against Central. Just because they loose to the eventual northern winner does not say that they would not do well against another team. Styles make winners and losers more often than not. However, If Vanguard could not get it done last season, with one of the best QB's in the country and a mostly senior laden team, don't think they can get it done this season although they will scare a couple of teams enroute.

2 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

The problem is they knock each other off in the playoffs so we never get a chance to see how the also ran's would fair against a Central or comparable SF team. Being a Vanguard fan I would love to see them one on one against Central. Just because they loose to the eventual northern winner does not say that they would not do well against another team. Styles make winners and losers more often than not. However, If Vanguard could not get it done last season, with one of the best QB's in the country and a mostly senior laden team, don't think they can get it done this season although they will scare a couple of teams enroute.

vanguard probably is good enough to beat armwood this year 

14 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Kind of like how Carol City, Northwestern,  Miami Central, and possibly Norland knock one another off.  Just because they lose to one another and are eliminate in their own District does not mean they couldn't contend with heralded 6A south contender, or beat the eventual northern winner for a State Championship. Or perhaps one could argue how would Mainland have done versus the northern winner in recent years?   We never get a fair chance see how that would  pan out....

1 minute ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Kind of like how Carol City, Northwestern,  Miami Central, and possibly Norland knock one another off.  Just because they lose to one another and are eliminate in their own District does not mean they couldn't contend with or beat the eventual Northern winner for a State Championship.  We never get a fair chance see how that would pan out....

yeah, best we get is just see whichever one from each side survives and makes it there

10 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

yeah, best we get is just see whichever one from each side survives and makes it there

Has a great deal to do with a team having a terrible day possibly against a team they would normally defeat. Or too many key injuries where the complete team is nowhere to be found. So many intangibles in playoffs where one and done is the name of the game.