Cocoa versus Everglades prep

Cat_Scratch

1 hour ago, Dan in Daytona said:

I never saw that call #soreloser :)

The unsportsman was for the Cocoa player clapping really hard after the tackle and slapping the runner on the pads. I felt like he was giving the Prep runner props for a good run of 12 yards. The ref threw the flag after clapping part... he turned to throw the flag when the Cocoa player slapped the Preps pads. Of course I wasn't right next to them and the ref could have heard something that made him pull the flag also.

Anyway, it wasn't really that much of an unsportsman in my opinion, and I felt bad for EPA. They looked so tired. They really shouldn't play make up games on Monday nights, maybe Tuesday nights woudl be better.

Everglades has a few really good players on their team. Just not enough to play teams like Cocoa.

51 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

The unsportsman was for the Cocoa player clapping really hard after the tackle and slapping the runner on the pads. I felt like he was giving the Prep runner props for a good run of 12 yards. The ref threw the flag after clapping part... he turned to throw the flag when the Cocoa player slapped the Preps pads. Of course I wasn't right next to them and the ref could have heard something that made him pull the flag also.

Anyway, it wasn't really that much of an unsportsman in my opinion, and I felt bad for EPA. They looked so tired. They really shouldn't play make up games on Monday nights, maybe Tuesday nights woudl be better.

Everglades has a few really good players on their team. Just not enough to play teams like Cocoa.

Just messing with you 'Cat...no malice. At 2-4 (I'm counting KOC) playoffs are only respectable accomplishment left.

Is this topic really necessary.  Int. school of Broward and Everglades Prep 0 - Cocoa 130 and that was with 2nd half running clocks.  They both have to come to Cocoa again next year also.  It is not a home - n - away contract.  They have NFL experience coaches that are trying to play with the big boys. I hope Coach Wilkenson and Cocoa AD get out of this and just play Viera 3 times.  

5 minutes ago, Mustangs78 said:

Is this topic really necessary.  Int. school of Broward and Everglades Prep 0 - Cocoa 130 and that was with 2nd half running clocks.  They both have to come to Cocoa again next year also.  It is not a home - n - away contract.  They have NFL experience coaches that are trying to play with the big boys. I hope Coach Wilkenson and Cocoa AD get out of this and just play Viera 3 times.  

They wouldn't get points for playing same team 3 times but I'm sure they can find someone else to play

Week 1 for cocoa will be open next year maybe they can get a good game that week

Cocoa and Viera played 3 weeks ago.  Top 10 football game I have ever seen or played in (youth, HS, college, or Pros).  Cocoa won 24 - 17 in double OT.  Both teams left blood, sweat, and tears on the field.  Great sportsmanship in front of pack house and 3 deep around the track at Cocoa.

11 hours ago, Mustangs78 said:

Cocoa and Viera played 3 weeks ago.  Top 10 football game I have ever seen or played in (youth, HS, college, or Pros).  Cocoa won 24 - 17 in double OT.  Both teams left blood, sweat, and tears on the field.  Great sportsmanship in front of pack house and 3 deep around the track at Cocoa.

Viera definatly came to play. Cocoa had their hands full the entire game, and Viera was one tackle away from taking home the win. That game made both teams better. Offenses did their thing and pushed the defenses all the way to hell and back, but at the end of the game, it was the defenses that shined. The game was stellar.

11 hours ago, Mustangs78 said:

Yes, played at MI 77, all my boys have gone through viera from bad times to know the better teams.

Cool, I'm a MI "81grad, son at Viera now. You just missed the Back to Back State Title teams at Merritt Island in 79-80. You played with some great football players back then. Cool Viera is rising up in the state these days.

23 hours ago, Mustangs78 said:

Agree on your assessment of game. Thriller from start to finish. Usually these games have to be high scoring,but in this one each team was breaking plays and flipping field position on each other. 

I would have to look at old programs and yearbooks, which for some reason 40 years later are still at my mom's house.  I believe they beat us 14 - 12.  We went on to lose to Tallahassee Godby in the semis. Senior year we beat Cocoa 10 - 0.  Only thing I remember of that game is I punted 4 times in 1st qtr.  We went on to lose to the Purple Hurricanes of Gainesville on Florida field in the second round.  Then M.I. went back to back.  Merritt Island in the 70's was a true Friday night lights atmosphere.  Use to bring in bleachers from all the softball fields around town for the end zones on Big games and playoff games. 

Merritt Isl. wants no part of Cocoa anymore and I bet M. I. will drop Viera in the future.  Probably a good thing Hurricane Irma scratched Viera vs. M.I. game. Hec , Palm Bay beat Merritt Isl. 14 - 7 a couple of weeks ago and then Viera beat Palm Bay 59 -21 with 2 turnovers in the red zone, otherwise Viera would have dropped 70 on Palm Bay.  It is to bad Irma canceled the Osceola vs. Viera those are games people want to see.

I think Viera falls back some after this year without some substantial transfers into program. Not saying they won't be able to beat most in Brevard, but won't be able to compete for state. Love watching MI/Viera for the old days. Agree it sucks they couldn't reschedule Osceola game because that would be along lines of Viera/Cocoa. 

3 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

I think Viera falls back some after this year without some substantial transfers into program. Not saying they won't be able to beat most in Brevard, but won't be able to compete for state. Love watching MI/Viera for the old days. Agree it sucks they couldn't reschedule Osceola game because that would be along lines of Viera/Cocoa. 

I hope we can get that rematch 2 years in the making, this time at viera