Week 8 Playoff Projections & Points System Updates!

SportsNut25

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Wow 

BTW missing playoffs?

I wonder if BTW moves up to 5a to not have to rely completely on points 

BTW had their chance to move up to the 5A and passed on it. They are stuck here next year. 2019 will be the next year for reclassification and there will be tweaks made to the system.

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

great system we have right Columbia fan.  Second best team in 4A is currently out of the playoffs.  I hope they don't make it.  They are 2-3 with games vs Chaminade, Carol City and Evans left.  They probably have to win all 3 to get in.  

It's not perfect but a improvement 

Maybe they need to tweak classes 1-4a a bit but 5a-8a looks like better teams already and i don't see any major snubs atm in class 5-8a

In 1A Region 4 Wildwood is the #2 seed.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a f..ing joke this is.  They cut their football team and just started back playing.  They probably couldn't beat a single team in this region.

They have wins over PK Young 1-4, First Academy Leesburg 2-4, Umatilla 1-5, Pierson Taylor 5-1, Bronson 0-5

Just now, badbird said:

In 1A Region 4 Wildwood is the #2 seed.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a f..ing joke this is.  They cut their football team and just started back playing.  They probably couldn't beat a single team in this region.

They have wins over PK Young 1-4, First Academy Leesburg 2-4, Umatilla 1-5, Pierson Taylor 5-1, Bronson 0-5

And they will get exposed in 1st round

Badbird you do realize we had worst teams then wildwood making playoffs on old system 

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

So a system that leaves the second best team in the state out of the playoffs is an improvement?  

Was a system that in 2015 allowed the worst team in Alachua county into playoffs at 1-9 any better than this one? 

Now i don't want to see BTW miss playoffs and i agree changes need to be made but at least in the big school classes the system is improved from old one 

32 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Was a system that in 2015 allowed the worst team in Alachua county into playoffs at 1-9 any better than this one? 

Now i don't want to see BTW miss playoffs and i agree changes need to be made but at least in the big school classes the system is improved from old one 

Do you not understand that two things can suck.  The system is broken stop fricken comparing last year.

21 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

Booker T. made their schedule just like everyone else. They filled it with some good teams and failed to beat any of them so far. Win your next 3 and they will get in. Simple as that. 

and do you think many people will play them?  1-4A is not decided on the field.  At least 5-8A you have a chance to decide it on the field and get in.  

I can easily see the powerhouse 3A and 4A Miami/Dade/Broward schools electing to move up to 5A after this year.  Booker T, like MuckCityChamp said, made their own schedule and they should be commended for playing a tough schedule that in years past would prepare them for the playoffs. This year? You can't just play teams tough, you have to actually beat them now. Me sitting on a message board telling them they did the right thing by scheduling tough teams does nothing for their point allotment.

The issue is- when you have to schedule 10 games on your own who is going to willingly play a Booker T or a Chaminade outside of each other? These teams all beat up on each other, end up with 6-4 or 5-5 kinda records and then miss the playoffs.  Chaminade, who Booker T. plays this week is in the same boat.

Sure, Chaminade could compete with the heavy hitters this year with a stacked roster- but after those guys graduate this year, who is going to pay money to a school who has to play Miami Central/Booker T./American Heritage because nobody else will play them?

The new system makes for some interesting topics.

1 minute ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

I can easily see the powerhouse 3A and 4A Miami/Dade/Broward schools electing to move up to 5A after this year.  Booker T, like MuckCityChamp said, made their own schedule and they should be commended for playing a tough schedule that in years past would prepare them for the playoffs. This year? You can't just play teams tough, you have to actually beat them now. Me sitting on a message board telling them they did the right thing by scheduling tough teams does nothing for their point allotment.

The issue is- when you have to schedule 10 games on your own who is going to willingly play a Booker T or a Chaminade outside of each other? These teams all beat up on each other, end up with 6-4 or 5-5 kinda records and then miss the playoffs.  Chaminade, who Booker T. plays this week is in the same boat.

Sure, Chaminade could compete with the heavy hitters this year with a stacked roster- but after those guys graduate this year, who is going to pay money to a school who has to play Miami Central/Booker T./American Heritage because nobody else will play them?

The new system makes for some interesting topics.

They are locked in through next season but can move up to 5a in 2019

I see teams like Chaminade and BTW moving up to 5a at that point which will significantly weaken both classes but it will also make 5a extremely better 

Cocoa might also jump to 5a, i personally can see that

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Then what you suggest we do? 

Does it really matter what I suggest???  My personal preference would be larger districts, so instead of 4 districts in each region you have 3, with maybe the top 2 teams in each district advancing and then decide the last two spots by some kind of point system or wild card.  

5 minutes ago, badbird said:

Does it really matter what I suggest???  My personal preference would be larger districts, so instead of 4 districts in each region you have 3, with maybe the top 2 teams in each district advancing and then decide the last two spots by some kind of point system or wild card.  

Sounds like what we had in 90s but we probably need to lower classes from 8 to make that work

19 minutes ago, badbird said:

In 3A they have Tampa Catholic 3-1.  Didn't they lost to MCC and CCC.  Was the MCC a non scheduled game?

Badbird:

Clearwater Central Catholic defeated Tampa Catholic 25-0.
Melbourne Central Catholic defeated Tampa Catholic 34-31 in OT.

The MCC vs TC game was not on the original schedule, thus the loss doesn't hurt TC outside of AP/Maxpreps rankings.

Personally, I would love to see them reduce the amount of classes.....and while they're at it, separate privates & publics.

Beyond that, my biggest issue with the new system is the fact that one team's transgression can have a negative impact on 9 other team's seasons, through no fault of their own.