Week 8 Playoff Projections & Points System Updates!

SportsNut25

32 minutes ago, Joshua Wilson said:

You want to keep focusing on BTW...however let me give you two other teams that were in this same boat with BTW and they are seemingly doing alright: Madison County and Cocoa. All of Madison County's opponents except two are at least 3A or above. Madison has a win over a very quality 7A team (hey where are you @ColumbiaHighFan2017class?). BTW has to win a couple of those games. You can't say schedule games and expect to get in the playoffs if you can't win those games. Yeah, maybe there should have been bonus points for playing a team in a higher classification on top of bonus points for those teams you played that made the playoffs. But BTW has to win some. Plus BTW could have jumped to 5A-16 and had at least 6 guaranteed games. BTW had choices.They could have easily played in 5A. They gambled on it.

so the answer is to play in 5A?  So all the good teams 1-4A should just go to 5A?  

1 minute ago, badbird said:

so the answer is to play in 5A?  So all the good teams 1-4A should just go to 5A?  

I didn't say that. You are missing my point. I am pointing out the options BTW had. Also pointing out that other good teams faced similar issues. You are laying blame on the system which is not entirely true. It goes both ways, not one.

3 minutes ago, badbird said:

see last post.  Is that really what we want?  4A is really bad now because teams like Bolles and Trinity moved out.  

Teams will eventually rise to fill the void, with no concrete threat a new team will attract players bc players wanting to win state will transfer to the schools

When a door closes it opens a window 

Eventually someone will take the bull by horns and 4a and 3a will rise up and in mean time 5a will be a very good class,  change hurts at first but look for where it will finish not where it at now 

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

Sure BTW could have scheduled smarter.  I get the point.  However should we have a system where possibly the best team in the class misses the playoffs due to bad scheduling?  I'm only using BTW because it is the best example.  I honestly could care less if they win another title.  

Is BTW the best team in the class, right now? All depends on the eyes of the beholder. Traditionally BTW is the best team in the class, but Cocoa has proven their worth as well. But how are we going to know what fixes to make if we can't let the first year play out and see before everyone tries to crucify the system? That is the big thing here.

logic Josh should have told you there were major flaws.  I pointed those out at the very beginning.  A 1 point win vs Mount Dora Christian shouldn't be worth more than a 1 point loss to Miami Central and especially not 20 points more.  I have already said I appreciate Beasley trying to make change.  I think it does have some good things in it.      

Just now, badbird said:

logic Josh should have told you there were major flaws.  I pointed those out at the very beginning.  A 1 point win vs Mount Dora Christian shouldn't be worth more than a 1 point loss to Miami Central and especially not 20 points more.  I have already said I appreciate Beasley trying to make change.  I think it does have some good things in it.      

Well yes there are things to fix But how can we fix issues without testing them first? 

13 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well yes there are things to fix But how can we fix issues without testing them first? 

you shouldn't need to test something you know isn't going to work.  I think with the system we currently have with some tweaking to the point system will be ok if you add districts back to 1A-4A.  That allows Trinity and Bolles to go back to 4A.  That also allows teams to make the playoffs based off performance not some magical math formula. 

20 minutes ago, badbird said:

you shouldn't need to test something you know isn't going to work.  I think with the system we currently have with some tweaking to the point system will be ok if you add districts back to 1A-4A.  That allows Trinity and Bolles to go back to 4A.  That also allows teams to make the playoffs based off performance not some magical math formula. 

They don't need to go back

And Trinity was 3a not 4a

1 hour ago, Joshua Wilson said:

You want to keep focusing on BTW...however let me give you two other teams that were in this same boat with BTW and they are seemingly doing alright: Madison County and Cocoa. All of Madison County's opponents except two are at least 3A or above. Madison has a win over a very quality 7A team (hey where are you @ColumbiaHighFan2017class?). BTW has to win a couple of those games. You can't say schedule games and expect to get in the playoffs if you can't win those games. Yeah, maybe there should have been bonus points for playing a team in a higher classification on top of bonus points for those teams you played that made the playoffs. But BTW has to win some. Plus BTW could have jumped to 5A-16 and had at least 6 guaranteed games. BTW had choices.They could have easily played in 5A. They gambled on it.

Also Pahokee too

3 minutes ago, badbird said:

1A-4A doesn't have many teams so a really good team is going to destroy most of the competition in those classes.  By the way Bolles probably wouldn't beat Raines this year.

Ok so 1 team to compete with Bolles?

Who in 3a north competes with Trinity Christian? 

Orrr just maybe we let them stay in 5a which they were ok with and both not only make 5a north have solid depth but also gives us great matchups 

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Ok so 1 team to compete with Bolles?

Who in 3a north competes with Trinity Christian? 

Orrr just maybe we let them stay in 5a which they were ok with and both not only make 5a north have solid depth but also gives us great matchups 

and we get horrible matchups in the lower classes.  I think Oxbridge would have competed with Trinity this year.  They are only ok with it because they get a district and don't have to find 10 games. It was a better option then staying down and ending up like BTW

Just now, badbird said:

and we get horrible matchups in the lower classes.  I think Oxbridge would have competed with Trinity this year 

Oxbridge last year was in south and probably got moved into North to make up for Trinity Christian leaving 

Not exactly if this keeps up the teams like Chaminade, cocoa and BTW move up then things will level out

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Eventually someone will fill the void 

someone has to win it but does that mean they are good or deserving?  Also you mentioned teams will attract new players.  I think that's a major issue but a whole different topic and one I don't really care to talk about.