Cocoa vrs rockledge the BBQ bowl

Tiger86

21 minutes ago, Cocoa2010 said:

Cocoa 49

Rockledge 21

Well, 21 pts. for Rockledge is giving them a little more credit for this years improved team. Think they will surprise you with a defense that will fly around and tackle decent. Can't see Cocoa scoring 49 on them. Osceola only put 35 on them, and they are a little more balanced then Cocoa.

3 hours ago, Bamarod said:

Time to bring this thread back so Cocoa fans can adjust their overblown projections for the game.    Rockledge 26    -   Cocoa 28 in a squeaker!

Are you serious? Lets look at this Trinity Christian(is the Rock better?) NO!, Viera(is the Rock better?) already been answered.  Mainland(is the Rock better?) NO!, Bartram Trail(is the Rock better?) NO!  Last, Pahokee(is the Rock better?) NO!  

Talking all this nonsense about Cocoa fans cant possibly think that they are going to ride shot gun over them.  Why wouldn't they think that.  Who has Rockledge played that was worth a darn?   Best competition Rockledge has played they have lost to.  They haven't played a team as complete as Cocoa! 

Prediction:  Cocoa 45  Rockledge 7  (running clock start of the 4th quarter) 

1 hour ago, cocoacane said:

Are you serious? Lets look at this Trinity Christian(is the Rock better?) NO!, Viera(is the Rock better?) already been answered.  Mainland(is the Rock better?) NO!, Bartram Trail(is the Rock better?) NO!  Last, Pahokee(is the Rock better?) NO!  

Talking all this nonsense about Cocoa fans cant possibly think that they are going to ride shot gun over them.  Why wouldn't they think that.  Who has Rockledge played that was worth a darn?   Best competition Rockledge has played they have lost to.  They haven't played a team as complete as Cocoa! 

Prediction:  Cocoa 45  Rockledge 7  (running clock start of the 4th quarter) 

Rockledge would beat Pahokee just as bad as you guys did. TC, Mainland (6-4) are both in down years so yeah they could beat them. Bartram Trail(6-3) I don't know much about, guessing solid team just like Trinity and Mainland but with the athletes Rockledge has they would big-play them all to wins.

Cocoa has played a bunch of very solid but not great teams. Viera was their only big win and that should have been won by Viera 2-3 times. Cocoa usually goes out of state and plays a Bishop Gorman ect.. but not this year. 

Totally agree Rockledge schedule except for Viera and Osceola is below average, Doesn't mean they don't have the talent to play with Cocoa. Big edge to Cocoa in coaching, but with the switch of Corbin to QB at least Younger and staff are improving on using their weapons appropriately. 

So basically your saying Rockledge would perform as well with Cocoa's schedule?  I think you might be drinking the cool-aid.  Friday cant get here soon enough. 

Cocoa has been a read option offense the past 4yrs.  Don't you think that their defense is used to seeing it day in day out with supreme athletes running it?  What makes Corbin so special especially the fact that he was thrown into that role 3-4 weeks ago?  Hopefully Coach Younger dials in some trick plays that they can score on.  I think Cocoa's defense will be stuffing the line of scrimmage and flying to the ball.

FSU commit  so yes Corbin is pretty special. Coached him years ago and thought he was special back then , too.  I think Rockledge could have won those games, didn't say they would have dominated them like you did. Plus, again coaching is way better at Cocoa. Most that have watched Rockledge the last two years would admit it. Beginning of this year they were letting offense run through Latham (QB). He was the weak link with Corbin,Mitchell, Tennison and Greene play-makers why was offense depending on Latham for success. Too bad they had't figured this out during summer practice but then again that goes back to coaching.

Agree that one-dimensional running teams are easier to stop, but with the ball in the hands of Corbin evey play, should make it more difficult to keep some big plays from happening. 

I like seeing CocoCaine and RolltideRod going back and forth on this game.  If I did not have to watch Viera beat 6A  district champ Heritage by 45, I would be front row at this game.  However, two things.  Rockledge will not handle this environment (even though it's home).  Their sideline coaching/antics/organization whatever is not good.  Second, the hell with Cocoa, Rockledge needs to focus on Palm Bay and then BM, Jones, or AHP.  I think Cocoa is the Bomb, but screw Cocoa.

I want to see Viera, Cocoa, Rockledge, and MCC playing Thanksgiving and later.  No disrespect to Heritage, but they are 1 and done against Norland, Carol City, or Central.  I hope they play Matanzas.  And really Matanzas in this region, it's 320 miles in first round to any team but Mainland or Heritage.

Bottom line:   Cocoa 40     Rockledge 12