Cocoa Beach factor in play-offs

Bamarod

52 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And Columbia has beaten bolles and Trinity Christian in past 3 years

Don't mean we should be in same class as privates

Honestly.... I say govern the privates so they are not recruiting factors and every else strap up their big boy pants and go play ball... I think not wanting to play privates is fear of being challenged... We should welcome the challenge IMO.

I see no really good reason why the whole state should be separate... It practically already is with 2A and 3A being exclusively small privates.  There are only 12 "big school" Private School Teams.... What would you have them do start a big school class with 12 teams?  Would you tell them bye bye start your own league and not allow them in the FHSAA?  If you put those Big schools in class 3A it would be just as unfair to those 3A privates as it would be for a 1A team having to play a 6A schedule.

So tell me 12 teams... How do you propose we break up public and private?

Everyone who says that does not realize that in the states where they break it up... There are almost as many private schools as their are public schools (IE New Jersey) if not more.

Your turn what is your plan to have a 12 team all private school class playoff and championship.

10 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

Honestly.... I say govern the privates so they are not recruiting factors and every else strap up their big boy pants and go play ball... I think not wanting to play privates is fear of being challenged... We should welcome the challenge IMO.

I see no really good reason why the whole state should be separate... It practically already is with 2A and 3A being exclusively small privates.  There are only 12 "big school" Private School Teams.... What would you have them do start a big school class with 12 teams?  Would you tell them bye bye start your own league and not allow them in the FHSAA?  If you put those Big schools in class 3A it would be just as unfair to those 3A privates as it would be for a 1A team having to play a 6A schedule.

So tell me 12 teams... How do you propose we break up public and private?

Everyone who says that does not realize that in the states where they break it up... There are almost as many private schools as their are public schools (IE New Jersey) if not more.

Your turn what is your plan to have a 12 team all private school class playoff and championship.

Or just kick sta out and throw AHP in 8a and we good lol 

21 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well outside of sta and Maybe AHP the privates usually are beatable by top teams across the state

Those 2 usually only only lose to a select few elites in south Florida or out of state 

I was wondering when STA would work its way into this thread.The elephant in the room, although you didn't bring it up in your original comment on privates. I'm guessing if they were  bumped up to 8A , you or me for that matter, wouldn't have as big a problem with the private school. At the beginning of a season it sucks to know no matter how great your team is, the best they can do is getting rolled by STA in the championship game, as Viera did two years ago. Our school did the PUBLIC School State Champion bit, but still leaves a bad taste in the mouth knowing your team competed against a college division 1 talented team. 

My solution is to kick 4-5 privates out of FHSAA and join IMG. AHP,Bolles,Trinity all should be shown the door for play-offs. Sure test yourself by scheduling them in regular season, like Venice-IMG a couple weeks ago. But play-offs should be for public schools and those under-developed privates(MCC, Holy Trinity, ect.) 

4 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

I was wondering when STA would work its way into this thread.The elephant in the room, although you didn't bring it up in your original comment on privates. I'm guessing if they were  bumped up to 8A , you or me for that matter, wouldn't have as big a problem with the private school. At the beginning of a season it sucks to know no matter how great your team is, the best they can do is getting rolled by STA in the championship game, as Viera did two years ago. Our school did the PUBLIC School State Champion bit, but still leaves a bad taste in the mouth knowing your team competed against a college division 1 talented team. 

My solution is to kick 4-5 privates out of FHSAA and join IMG. AHP,Bolles,Trinity all should be shown the door for play-offs. Sure test yourself by scheduling them in regular season, like Venice-IMG a couple weeks ago. But play-offs should be for public schools and those under-developed privates(MCC, Holy Trinity, ect.) 

Bolles and Trinity aren't like AHP img or sta but i see what you mean 

Bolles and Trinity can lose to area publics because both aren't as strong as past years 

14 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Bolles and Trinity aren't like AHP img or sta but i see what you mean 

Bolles and Trinity can lose to area publics because both aren't as strong as past years 

Agree, but in the past they have had some teams which were loaded with DIV 1 recruits. Some type of guideline could be used, say privates finishing in top 4 for 3 years in a row are kicked out for at least 2 years. Its not just  a punishment for recruiting players but a way for publics to compete on a more even level with each other. Might keep parents from making a move to those schools. In Brevard,  public schools Cocoa and Rockledge led in transfers with around 10 each  with MCC coming in at 3rd with 5. So not gonna help publics in Brevard like it would in major areas like Miami,Tampa,Jacksonville,Orlando. 

All privates play by the same rules.  Some play in significantly more talent rich areas.  You can't just label some for being dominant or successful .  How would you present that type of draft to the FHSAA ?  "It's not fair that some areas have a larger talent pool"?

It is not a coincidence that the possible  3, 5, and 7A champions are all in a 10 mile radius. 

Swap  Pensacola Catholic and Chaminade-Madonna and what do you think would happen with each program over the next few years? Why?

4 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

All privates play by the same rules.  Some play in significantly more talent rich areas.  You can't just label some for being dominant or successful .  How would you present that type of draft to the FHSAA ?  "It's not fair that some areas have a larger talent pool"?

It is not a coincidence that the possible  3, 5, and 7A champions are all in a 10 mile radius. 

Swap  Pensacola Catholic and Chaminade-Madonna and what do you think would happen with each program over the next few years? Why?

Maybe they could consider weighted counties lol

40 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Maybe they could consider weighted counties lol

If they considered "weighted counties" you would have to have a criteria and ultimately you would have a Division 1 , Division 2, and so on in FL.  Everybody gets a trophy.  Is that what you want in FL?

Go move to California, Columbia and take your Tigers with you if that is their mindset.  

Do you also understand that the stronger Counties and Regions are more prone to cannibalizing one another in regular season and  the playoffs ? 

Is it fair that the weakest Counties and Regions have yellow brick road sometimes to States?

6A-16 and Daytona Mainland can tell you a little about that...

1 minute ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

If they considered "weighted counties" you would have to have a criteria and ultimately you would have a Division 1 , Division 2, and so on in FL.  Everybody gets a trophy.  Is that what you want in FL?

Go move to California, Columbia and take your Tigers with you if that is their mindset.  

Lol no i mean like what they do with the private weighting on enrollment 

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Lol no i mean like what they do with the private weighting on enrollment 

Let me get this right your proposed weighing counties but more specifically weighing counties but only privates withing those counties?

So what are we looking a Statewide 6 team competition?  How do the logistics work on that ?  Are you going to pay for the flights from Miami to Jacksonville?   Aren't you the one always whining how Columbia shouldn't have to travel more than an hour because they have issues with travel?

Just now, BrowardHandicapper said:

Let me get this right your proposed weighing counties but more specifically weighing counties but only privates withing those counties?

So what are we looking a Statewide 6 team competition?  How do the logistics work on that ?  Are you going to pay for the flights from Miami to Jacksonville?   Aren't you the one always whining how Columbia shouldn't have to travel more than an hour because they have issues with travel?

Huh? 

Where you get 6 teams from?