Tallahassee football is hot garbage!!!

nolebull813

3 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

Sopchoppy and Crawfordville were converted to elementary schools when Wakulla High was built.  There are a lot of schools in the area that have consolidated  Carrabelle and Apalachicola (Franklin),  Chattahootchee and Greensboro (West Gadsden), Havana and Quincy Shanks (East Gadsden) now all Gadsden.  There ways also a boys reform school  Anneewakee that is bo longer around.

Yes however those athletic records have to go somewhere lol

Generally in that situation the new high school retains the records as their own

The other thing you have to consider is the black schools that were consolidated with the white schools.  I don't know all of them but in Apalachicola the white school was Chapman and the black school was Quinn.  I know Port St Joe consolidated with Washington High and added their tiger mascot and yellow unis to PSJs shark and purple unis to make the Purple/Gold  Tigersharks.

Yeah Anneewakee was a boys reform school who got shut down because the leaders were accused of sexual abuse and misconduct. They had a team for about 4-5 years and played Georgia teams about 80 percent of the time. Losing almost every single one. 

There are tons of defunct schools in North Florida. I have the list at home but off the top of my head you have Brent Christian, Pensacola Tech, Pensacola Liberal arts, Pensacola Classical, Ernest Ward and Century (merged into Northview) and Woodham all from Escambia County 

Santa Rosa Christian, Panama City Chrsitian, Altha, Frink, Allentown. 

I will see what else I got when I get home 

Hey ColumbiaHighFan I can't remember Wakulla and Columbia playing either....Wakulla High was established in 1967 when they consolidated Crawfordville, Shadeville and Sopchoppy High schools. 

Wakulla's enrollment is around 1500 right now....and so many people are moving there it wouldn't surprise me to see them move up to 6A in the next 2-4 years.  We may end up in the same district as you...there aren't any 6A teams in Tallahassee.  We'll either be in a western district with maybe Niceville or an eastern district with you guys.

5 minutes ago, TRAJAN01 said:

Hey ColumbiaHighFan I can't remember Wakulla and Columbia playing either....Wakulla High was established in 1967 when they consolidated Crawfordville, Shadeville and Sopchoppy High schools. 

Wakulla's enrollment is around 1500 right now....and so many people are moving there it wouldn't surprise me to see them move up to 6A in the next 2-4 years.  We may end up in the same district as you...there aren't any 6A teams in Tallahassee.  We'll either be in a western district with maybe Niceville or an eastern district with you guys.

We 7a lol

19 minutes ago, WhoopWhoop!! said:

Niceville, Crestview, Tate, and Navarre should be 7A, they all petitioned down due to travel. Why the FHSAA didn’t put them in a district makes no sense. 

Honestly having basically all panhandle teams in 6a was smart

3 of 4 districts in region 1 are panhandle so it means they could limit travel in early rounds

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Honestly having basically all panhandle teams in 6a was smart

3 of 4 districts in region 1 are panhandle so it means they could limit travel in early rounds

I see your point. I was just talking about competition as far as those schools size. I know 6A to 7A as far as population isn’t a huge difference, but there is a reason they break up classifications.