Booker t vrs carol city

Tiger86

8 minutes ago, Tiger86 said:

Wow another excuse  face it man  they suck this year it happens all kidding aside I wanted them to play cocoa this year come coa is hot this year  again it looks like coach ice cube has melted they went from f-5 tornados to a cool summer breeze

Ok

I watched the Booker T. vs Chaminade game.  Booker T was probably a little bit better than Chaminade, but the QB went out very early in the 2nd quarter with the game tied 7-7. Booker T. was a totally different team after that point, obviously Chaminade is a great team and Carol City is just as good. I don't think Booker T. has packed it in, I think they're just getting beat since they can't move the football against these elite teams.

I think they'll beat the living poop out of Evans next week, but won't make the playoffs.

Told yall, this aint the Booker T of earlier in the decade. I'm not even talking about tonight bc not having your starting QB will hurt damn near every team. But just the vibe I got when I saw them play earlier this year vs American Heritage and Edison, they dont strike me as dominant. I know Ice is a legendary coach but it seems like ever since he got back last season, they've slowly gotten worse. The talent is still there. Not saying it's him, not saying it's not him. Just something I've noticed.

2 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

I watched the Booker T. vs Chaminade game.  Booker T was probably a little bit better than Chaminade, but the QB went out very early in the 2nd quarter with the game tied 7-7. Booker T. was a totally different team after that point, obviously Chaminade is a great team and Carol City is just as good. I don't think Booker T. has packed it in, I think they're just getting beat since they can't move the football against these elite teams.

I think they'll beat the living poop out of Evans next week, but won't make the playoffs.

Sounds about right to me. There will probably be a running clock either at the beginning of the second half or shortly after.

38 minutes ago, DB4 said:

Told yall, this aint the Booker T of earlier in the decade. I'm not even talking about tonight bc not having your starting QB will hurt damn near every team. But just the vibe I got when I saw them play earlier this year vs American Heritage and Edison, they dont strike me as dominant. I know Ice is a legendary coach but it seems like ever since he got back last season, they've slowly gotten worse. The talent is still there. Not saying it's him, not saying it's not him. Just something I've noticed.

Maybe he hasn't gotten his edge back 

I remember Danny Green was very successful in his first run here

1995-2003

1995  regional finals 

1996 regional quarterfinals 

1997 state runner up 

1998 regional finals 

1999 regional finals 

2000 regional quarterfinals 

2001 regional finals 

2002 regional finals 

2003 state semifinals

Then he left (well word i heard was pushed out)  for a year then came back in 2005 after leaving for 04 season

2005  5-5  no playoffs 

2006 first round loss to Eastside 

2007 lost to Suwannee and then lost in second round to Nease 

Basically started a era of decline that would go until 2011 when we started our current playoff streak 

37 minutes ago, Mustangs78 said:

Tiger86, that is the last team u want to see in playoff.  instead you get Cocoa Beach in first round and then Avon Park.  PLEASE

Lol get real no way in hell booker t would beat cocoa  this year cocoa is way better and booker is way down this year it wouldn't even be close .,.. Not this year at least

9 hours ago, Tiger86 said:

Lol get real no way in hell booker t would beat cocoa  this year cocoa is way better and booker is way down this year it wouldn't even be close .,.. Not this year at least

BTW is still better than any other teams in region 3 of 4a and i can make the arguement better than anyone else cocoa will play in playoffs 

Wether or not they down is irrelevant to fact that cocoa is basically being handed 4a on a silver platter 

Your path includes 2 teams with a pulse 

University School and raines 

Do you realize how many teams would wish that Those 2 would be their toughest opponents in order to win state lol

1 hour ago, topnotch305 said:

Real question is how many games would Cocoa win if they played BTW schedule? They lose to the West, Central, Columbus, and Carol City... Not sure who else BTW played but that's 4 L's right there easy 

He’s not gonna answer that.. Like I said earlier when I went back to look at the schedule I said that was a hard ass schedule and only playing 1 4a school in Edison... It’s a reason why no other 4a school didn’t want to schedule.. As far as the qb I heard he had sustained a concussion last week.. Don’t know how true that is but you know you can’t play with that..

11 minutes ago, Cocoa2010 said:

BTW at the end of the regular season will have played 6 currently AP ranked teams.

Cocoa at the end of the regular season will have played 5 currently AP ranked teams.

Lets stop trying to measure ...... thinking one is considerably bigger than the other.

No one has said cocoa playing bad teams

The point is tiger86 is acting like BTW is weak when in all reality they are better than any team cocoa will play in 4a playoffs

8 minutes ago, Cocoa2010 said:

You wont know that till the playoffs are over.

Cocoa beach and Avon Park 

Definitely not better than BTW 

University School, maybe closest team to BTW but i would favor BTW by at least 10 over University School 

Raines/dunnellon

Raines would lose by at least 10 to BTW 

Dunnellon probably at least 20 to BTW