Whats the real solution to playoffs???

blackmagic

1 hour ago, Sharkbait said:

The complaints aren't that teams are playing tougher schedules it is that teams aren't rewarded for playing tougher schedules.  Cocoa (4A)is an great team  but if you play them you are going to lose and get 33 points so a team is better off to play someone like Rutherford(4A) that you can beat and pick up 38 points.  

Because that's the point of scheduling games? Pick tough teams you think you can beat. I guarantee you will never see a state champion under this new playoff system play all "shit teams" in the regular season.

4 minutes ago, Cocoa2010 said:

Because that's the point of scheduling games? Pick tough teams you think you can beat. I guarantee you will never see a state champion under this new playoff system play all "shit teams" in the regular season.

No I don't think so either.  The problem is teams like Cocoa will have a tough time finding opponents in the future.  Teams can go play a good team that will test them but still have a chance against or play Cocoa and know you are only going to pick up 33 points because Cocoa is going to not only beat you but humiliate you.  That is the price you pay being a powerhouse.

1 hour ago, Viperx said:

I heard American Heritage playoff chances will come down to a team that they don't have in their class in St. Andrews. Just wondering if that's a clear fact because if it is then that would show one flaw in this new playoff system.

It could be true, I am unsure unless I did the whole math of it... needless to say, yes it could come down to some 2 3-6 teams battling it out to be 4-6 and that could be the difference between a #4 vs #5 seed for the smaller classifications.

2 hours ago, Cocoa2010 said:

Dont really know why people are complaining about teams being incentivized to play tougher schedules and give everyone better games. Guess everyone wouldnt want Cocoa vs Pahokee or Cocoa vs TCA but rather get Cocoa vs Cocoa Beach and Cocoa vs P.K. Yonge.

Nobody has a problem with those games, but explain to me how the old system disincentivized those games from being played. What stopped TCA from playing Cocoa or Cocoa playing Pahokee? In reality, it made more sense to play those games in the old system because even if I loss, I still could make the playoffs, now if I play that game and lose than I might not make the playoffs or have a lower seed.

Also CHS fan, notice that you can respond to multiple posts in the same message as than it doesn't pad your post count.

8 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

Nobody has a problem with those games, but explain to me how the old system disincentivized those games from being played. What stopped TCA from playing Cocoa or Cocoa playing Pahokee? In reality, it made more sense to play those games in the old system because even if I loss, I still could make the playoffs, now if I play that game and lose than I might not make the playoffs or have a lower seed.

Also CHS fan, notice that you can respond to multiple posts in the same message as than it doesn't pad your post count.

The difference is that in old system beating Trinity Christian would count the same towards your playoffs as beating Terry Parker 

So while you gain that experience for those tough games you wouldn't actually gain anything bracket wise, yes i know the point system has questions but answer this 

Can you tell me one thing bad about the idea of seeding playoff teams 1-8?

Not the point system but the seeding and seeding specifically 

And i know i can answer multiple on same post but my phone usually glitches once i type enough stuff onto a post so i try to split it up

Also I'm working on a idea for how i would set up districts, I'll post it once i complete it and get it proof read

Look selection committee isn't gonna solve the politic and discussion.  Neither is this system the way it is now.  BUT you can solve it and you could do it IMMEDIATELY without causing issue.

1) USE THE SAME POINT SYSTEM IF YOU WANT (i dont think its the best indicator but it will only affect seeding)

2) 9 GAME SEASON, WEEK 9 OPEN TO SORT PLAYOFFS(COULD GO 10 THIS IS SO EASY).  

3) TOP 16 TEAMS ARE IN, SEED THEM, PLAY

You only add 1 week to post season, but you short regular season.  

IF YOU ARE IN THE THE BOTTOM 1/3 OF YOUR REGION AND DON'T GET IN YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT - YOU ARE SUB 500......BUT IT DOES RESOLVE IS TEAM A's 7-3 BETTER THAN TEAM B's 6-4, OR 5-5.  IT DOESN'T MATTER, YOU ARE IN - PROVE IT. YOUR RECORD WILL ONLY AFFECT SEEDING....YOU WANT BETTER SEEDING? WIN MORE DURING REGULAR SEASON!

This takes the "Politic" out of the argument, it is decided on the field by the teams and THEN you don't get into a situation where you have a 3rd place team jumping a runner up, is the runner up better than District *^'s runner up.

YOU PLAY! AND LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY!  

YOU COULD DO THIS TODAY! It would add a week right now OR cancel everybody's tomorrows games, shuffle transportation, Play ROUND 1 TOMORROW OR SATURDAY.

I bet this would receive overwhelming support. if not unanimous, at least for future.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT DONE TODAY BEFORE I HAVE TO SIT AND WATCH A PLAYOFF SEASON THAT WILL EXCLUDE TOP TEAMS.......

TAKE IT OUT OF THE ADULTS HANDS AND PUT IN THE PLAYERS HANDS TO PLAY IT OUT!

1 hour ago, STILL KRUNK said:

Look selection committee isn't gonna solve the politic and discussion.  Neither is this system the way it is now.  BUT you can solve it and you could do it IMMEDIATELY without causing issue.

1) USE THE SAME POINT SYSTEM IF YOU WANT (i dont think its the best indicator but it will only affect seeding)

2) 9 GAME SEASON, WEEK 9 OPEN TO SORT PLAYOFFS(COULD GO 10 THIS IS SO EASY).  

3) TOP 16 TEAMS ARE IN, SEED THEM, PLAY

I bet this would receive overwhelming support. if not unanimous, at least for future.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT DONE TODAY BEFORE I HAVE TO SIT AND WATCH A PLAYOFF SEASON THAT WILL EXCLUDE TOP TEAMS.......

TAKE IT OUT OF THE ADULTS HANDS AND PUT IN THE PLAYERS HANDS TO PLAY IT OUT!

In 1A-4A you wouldnt make the season longer or shorter by combining Regions 1&2 and Regions 3&4 and making 2 Regions an North and South. Allow 32 teams just like the bigger schools, seed with points and play it on the field. 1A has 34 teams (94% in playoff), 2A 43 teams(74% in), 3A 39 teams(82% in), 4A 48 teams(67% in). Top 32 teams from these classes make it in period. If you are in 4A and not top 67% of the class there shouldnt be a complaint. 

If playoff started this week this would be 1A seeding.  2 teams are left out. Bronson and Sneads

North

1.       Baker 2.       Blountstown 3.       Chipley 4.       Holmes County 5.       Cottondale 6.       Jefferson County  7.       Port St Joe 8.       Vernon 9.       Jay 10.   Bozeman 11.   Franklin County 12.   Freeport 13.   Graceville 14.   WeWahitchka 15.   NorthView 16.  Liberty County

South

1.       Madison 2.       Dixie 3.       Mayo 4.       Pahokee 5.       Wildwood 6.       Frostproof 7.       Crecsent City 8.       Williston 9.       Hawthorne 10.   Union County 11.   Fort Meade  12.   Chiefland 13.   Bell 14.   Branford 15.   Hilliard 16.   Hamilton County

No bonus points for playing previous playoff teams in your class. Bonus points for playing 2 classes up. It just doesn't make sense to me. Example: South Sumter was a playoff team last year. Dunnellon playing them this year gets bonus points. Why???

to me when you start factoring in bonus you are factoring "Human interference" in the factor for reason you have discussed and it doesn't take into current standing. Example: I get 3 points for playing TC who was playoff team in past year or two.  Could finish 5-5, 6-4 Cat 2 Team, instead 2-7 Cat 4 ............oh, +3 ..............uh.

How bout you win football games,   if you are top 16 you play, This eliminates ANY issue of whose 7-3, 5-5 record is better......

BTW - IF Apopka loses to Oak Ridge, they will be 6-4, The same as West Orange, BUT

Apopka would be IN, West Orange is OUT, and West Orange Beat Apopka......

* This season.