Whats the real solution to playoffs???

blackmagic

27 minutes ago, Willie Stargell said:

How about this:

within each classification:

16 districts - only the district champion advances...decided by regular season games within that district.

4 regions - where the 16 district champions compete.

Final Four.

Championship Game.

...what was wrong with that again? Other than there not being enough chance for everybody to win a trophy? 

That means we would be going back to the 70s where 1 loss teams missed playoffs 

Also means teams like apopka wouldn't have any state titles since if i recall correctly every championship they have won came in years they lost district 

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That means we would be going back to the 70s where 1 los teams missed playoffs 

Also means teams like apopka wouldn't have any state titles since if i recall correctly every championship they have won came in years they lost district 

So...don't lose. If you do, better luck not losing next year. And that system was around through the mid-90's, young buck...it wasn't until then that we began to include runner-ups and/or wildcards to "expand the playoffs". My question is why expand them? So everyone gets a trophy? So the FHSAA makes money? I don't see those as viable reasons.

I don't know if APK won as runner-ups or not...if they did, did they really deserve it? If they couldn't win their district?

Just now, stoner77 said:

Win and your in.  Makes that District Championship mean even much more...

...now, there's a man who lives in a man's world...not in a metro-world in which everyone makes the playoffs so no one gets their feelings hurt.

THAT is a perfectly fair system...what we have now is a bastardized version...so it's never going to be perfect.

Straight to the point, as usual. If we could all admit that and move on, I'd appreciate it...none of this "move forward, not backward" nonsense. It is what it is...feelings and money.

Now...what about bowl games for non-qualifiers instead of expanded playoffs? Could that work? When I coached at Nathan Bedford Forrest years ago, we went out and beat Clay in the Blue Devil Bowl...it was a good time.

27 minutes ago, Willie Stargell said:

So...don't lose. If you do, better luck not losing next year. And that system was around through the mid-90's, young buck...it wasn't until then that we began to include runner-ups and/or wildcards to "expand the playoffs". My question is why expand them? So everyone gets a trophy? So the FHSAA makes money? I don't see those as viable reasons.

I don't know if APK won as runner-ups or not...if they did, did they really deserve it? If they couldn't win their district?

They won state as runner ups and beat the district champs who beat them in regular season on road to state

How can you say they didn't deserve it? 

7 minutes ago, Willie Stargell said:

Sponsor money...feelings mended...come on, Columbiaman...you gotta like it! If Columbia didn't win y'all's district, you could play Suwannee in the Old Times Country Buffet Bowl (shout out to the Old Times and Saturday night fried shrimp night)

Blowing Suwannee out wouldn't even be remotely interesting to anyone

Suwannee can't compete with us these days 

So what

They beat them in playoffd and won state

Since when do district championships mean more than state championships? 

do you have a list of how many district runner ups DIDN'T win state titles? I'll wait for that list to compare it to the list of one you've found who did...

Blowing Suwannee out wouldn't even be remotely interesting to anyone

Suwannee can't compete with us these days 

Jesus help me...I mentioned Columbia playing Suwannee because YOU mentioned playing them earlier...pick another team...how about Trinity? Bishop Kenny? Whoever you want...hand pick the matchup and invite them to your bowl game...

9 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If baker County had a off night against Clay you would be singing a different tune

Nope.  Been there and done that.  Missed out in 1990.  Bradford (10-0) beat us(9-1) 10-7.  We missed the playoffs with a 9-1 record and losing a game by 3 points.  It was what it was.  

Just now, stoner77 said:

Nope.  Been there and done that.  Missed out in 1990.  Bradford (10-0) beat us(9-1) 10-7.  We missed the playoffs with a 9-1 record and losing a game by 3 points.  It was what it was.  

As have we

A 3 point loss to starke in 66 cost us a state championship bc they only advanced 1 team

I believe starke is Bradford now