Pahokee/Cocoa

Tiger86

Cocoa threw some pretty passes tonight, one for a TD, but Hawkins was a man on fire. Must have had 150 yards or more to add to his 1,350 that he already has against some decent talent this year. Pahokee has some very good players, but couldn't contain Cocoa's pass rush. Cocoa looks hungry, like man hunters. Hopefully Rockledge can give the Tigers a game next week like Viera did at the beginning of the season. All I can say is Cocoa played well tonight and looked like they could hang with the best in the state.

I still like AHP, STA, and IMG, but feel like Cocoa is special this season.

On 10/23/2017 at 2:11 PM, Original1 said:

The two offensive styles should make for an interesting matchup. Cocoa is a great running team, but that plays to Pahokee's defensive strength. Pahokee has kinda like a bend but don't break mentality defensively against the run. A team will get a lot of rushing yards but few TD's (Vero's RB was an example). Pahokee's team speed on defense makes it hard to run the ball all night. Newbery, Madison, and Trenton, all found that out last year.

I do see Cocoa winning this game, only because PK's defense is young (many sophomores). But it will be very close. Maybe even an overtime game?

Cocoa ran Pert Near anytime they wanted to. The nice passes caught the secondary sleeping too.

12 hours ago, Mustangs78 said:

I told all of you to take a breath and slow down.  You need to listen to an old wiseman sometimes.  

Cocoa 41 Pahokee 13  Oh wait!!! Cocoa 45 - PK 0

Boys, this Cocoa team is as good as any they have had,  IMG is the best team in Florida and Cocoa is #2.  As I said in my earlier post, when Viera/South Fork got ugly I was think of running up to Cocoa.  Well, then was following the Cocoa game, and said no need.  

Next week the Raiders will bring a different team in years past.  However, will not handle the big stage pressure.

Cocoa 34 Rockledge 12

Your hurting my spotless prognosticating: I got Cocoa 28-26. Corbin,Mitchell. and Tennison get some break aways but Rockledge atrocious kicking misses two Ex. Pts.  to lose the closest BBQ Bowl in years.  When was the last close game in this rivalry? Cocoa fans? 

5 hours ago, Bamarod said:

Your hurting my spotless prognosticating: I got Cocoa 28-26. Corbin,Mitchell. and Tennison get some break aways but Rockledge atrocious kicking misses two Ex. Pts.  to lose the closest BBQ Bowl in years.  When was the last close game in this rivalry? Cocoa fans? 

Ok, so looking back. The closest somewhat recent was 2009, 14-0 Cocoa or 2007, 17-7 Cocoa. The last time Rockledge won was 2005, 22-12.

27 minutes ago, imjustafan2 said:

Ok, so looking back. The closest somewhat recent was 2009, 14-0 Cocoa or 2007, 17-7 Cocoa. The last time Rockledge won was 2005, 22-12.

I thought it had to be around 10 years. Was 2007 the QB Hunter Pinkston years? When did Rockledge win state. I'm a MI alum and we owned Brevard before the Palm Bay and Rockledge  eras of state  champ. wins.

From memory so I may be off some on the years.

Rockledge won states in the late 1990 and early 2000. Melbourne was the first to win state in the late 60's then Titusville right after. MI had their trun and Palm Bay then Rockledge and now we are here. Cocoa has their hands full with Viera so I have a feeling MCC and Viera are not far away from a championships.

I will go to the FHSAA when I get a little time tonight and put the years in.

24 minutes ago, badbird said:

I believe Hunter Pingston senior year was 2002.  We played them in the KOC.  Rock ledge win a state title in 2001 his junior year

Correct, Hunter was the starting QB in 2002, and it was his senior year. I remember that KOC. Apopka lost a tight game. Rockledge won state titles in both 2001 and 2002, when they repeated.

In 2001, I believe they beat St. Augustine. I don't remember who the other finalist was in 2002. 

3 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

From memory so I may be off some on the years.

Rockledge won states in the late 1990 and early 2000. Melbourne was the first to win state in the late 60's then Titusville right after. MI had their trun and Palm Bay then Rockledge and now we are here. Cocoa has their hands full with Viera so I have a feeling MCC and Viera are not far away from a championships.

I will go to the FHSAA when I get a little time tonight and put the years in.

I'll help 'Cat, got championship program in hand...

Brevard County Football State Champions and Runner Ups (Public schools) :

Melbourne - 1966, runner up - '65

Merritt Island - 1972, '78, '79, runner up - '89

Palm Bay - 2000, '02

Titusville High - 1982, '83, runner up - '80

Rockledge - 2001, '02

Cocoa - 2008, '09, '10, '16

Titusville -Astronaut - runner up - 2000

18 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Palm Bay - 2000, '02

Rockledge - 2001, '02

Thanks Dan.  Appreciate all the help I can get with my memory. 

3 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Palm Bay - 2000, '02

Rockledge - 2001, '02

For some reason I had thought Rockledge was before PalmBay. Thanks, didn't realize they were dominating at same time.