week 11

badbird

who is going to rest players to get a better match up or keep a team out to let a worse team in?  I bet you see some strange upsets this week that if you look deeper into it seeding probably had something to do with it.  I know people are going to come on here and say it is wrong but sometimes resting your players to get a better bracket isn't a bad idea.  It's a win win and gets you healthy to possibly make a run.  it use to happen in wrestling all the time when people would lose on purpose in the Regionals to get in the other bracket away from a great wrestler at state.  

Tomorow game vs gibbons does ya no favors winning or losing we’re stuck as the 4th see and even if we did get the third seed somehow we would face 6 seed Carol city so the way I see it idc if they rest the entire first string & just play all out Saturday against our biggest rival in the Soul bowl 

11 minutes ago, 941football said:

Anytime you step on the field its to win, otherwise why even bother. Pay your fine and forfeit.

I couldn't see any explanation from a coach to player on why losing on purpose is a good idea.

People have different opinions.  I play to win if it counts but you can bet I'm trying to also rest any players that are banged up and pulling my starters as soon as I can

Wouldn't winning increase confidence going into the playoffs?

Got to play whoever is in front of you to win it all anyways. If say we took that same feeling into the playoffs with Venice in 7A might as well just give STA the crown now and forgo the rest of the games anyways.

Play the game to win and if you don't then at least you can say you did all you could and will not have any regrets.

"What if" Carol City lost before Dillard faced them ?

3 minutes ago, 941football said:

Wouldn't winning increase confidence going into the playoffs?

Got to play whoever is in front of you to win it all anyways. If say we took that same feeling into the playoffs with Venice in 7A might as well just give STA the crown now and forgo the rest of the games anyways.

Play the game to win and if you don't then at least you can say you did all you could and will not have any regrets.

"What if" Carol City lost before Dillard faced them ?

wouldn't getting a star player hurt significantly reduce chances in the playoffs?

1 minute ago, badbird said:

My old head coach played a team week 11 and was going to see them again round 1 so he played all backups and ran totally different stuff.  lost week 11 and then won round 1. Did the week 11 game really matter?  

that was on old system where week 11 had no impact on postseason though

this new system has potential to punish teams who try to do that 

bolles is playing for district this week against us

if they lose and trinity wins then trinity takes the district

Columbia has nothing to gain in playoff standings but we don't want to go into playoffs with a loss, and our coaches aint gonna roll over to bolles so better expect we gonna play bolles tough this week and play like our butts are on edge of playoffs 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

that was on old system where week 11 had no impact on postseason though

this new system has potential to punish teams who try to do that 

depends Columbiafan it also could help you.  If you are a district champ you are locked in as a #1-4 seed.  So losing only possibly changes your seed and might give you an easier path.  

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

bolles is playing for district this week against us

if they lose and trinity wins then trinity takes the district

Columbia has nothing to gain in playoff standings but we don't want to go into playoffs with a loss, and our coaches aint gonna roll over to bolles so better expect we gonna play bolles tough this week and play like our butts are on edge of playoffs 

have you done the points?  That's a 3 way tie correct?

IMG game was a bit different. After the STA game it was clear we did not compete with those guys. They were bigger faster stronger and in the end better.

IMG was the same way only at a higher level. We did compete for 3 plus QT then one play caused the wheels to fall off. End score of 38-12 looked bad. The two 4th QT TDS made that a fact. They would have won the game in the end but does 24-12 sound better than 38-12?

Either way shoot your bullets never leave them in the gun.

3 minutes ago, badbird said:

have you done the points?  That's a 3 way tie correct?

they announced on twitter that it was a 3 way tie with ponte vedra, trinity and bolles

and I then looked at points and compared, ponte vedra cant catch either team in points so it down to bolles and trinity if what I did mathematically was correct

5 minutes ago, badbird said:

depends Columbiafan it also could help you.  If you are a district champ you are locked in as a #1-4 seed.  So losing only possibly changes your seed and might give you an easier path.  

it can but you know the second you intentially try to lose it can backfire later

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

it can but you know the second you intentially try to lose it can backfire later

oh no you and pipe dreams with karma.  Well you better know what you are doing and have it figured out not just guessing.  I'm just pointing out don't be shocked if it happens this week with teams resting players.

2 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

I’m to the point idc who we play in the first round if we get blew the hell out then the other team was just better I’m done trying to avoid 6A 16 Dillard high fear nobody so let’s get it 

dillard, once you all can get coaching figured out there you all will catch up to those teams, you said it yourselve that dillard is talented, its not talent holding them back its coaching

1 minute ago, badbird said:

oh no you and pipe dreams with karma.  Well you better know what you are doing and have it figured out not just guessing.  I'm just pointing out don't be shocked if it happens this week with teams resting players.

I'm sure Columbia knows what they doing, we never lay down to anyone