week 11

badbird

Just now, 941football said:

Losing on purpose to find an easier way would become a habit.

Humans are creatures of habit, good ones are hard to start and bad ones are hard to give up.

kind of like scheduling all easy teams to make the playoffs.  People are going to take advantage of a system.  I'm not saying it's right I'm just pointing out it will happen this week

We at Vero Beach have a 41 regular season win streak to protect. There is no way we are going to let any player think about losing. We have two games this week Monday and Friday against teams that should not effect our ranking but could add or subtract points as we only have seven games that count towards the state point system. So  Dr. Krop  Miami and Sebastian River don't get your hopes up !!!

Winning vs 10 CAT 4 teams will net an average of 35 am I correct?

Does 35 get you in the playoffs this year? I ask because I'm not sure and if it does you will be ill prepared if it does.

if they are all category 4 and the teams didn't make the playoffs in any of the previous two years you would end with 35 and make the playoffs in some regions.  usually bad teams only play bad teams so some of those bad teams are going to end up as category 3 and get you 40 points

1 minute ago, roygod said:

We at Vero Beach have a 41 regular season win streak to protect. There is no way we are going to let any player think about losing. We have two games this week Monday and Friday against teams that should not effect our ranking but could add or subtract points as we only have seven games that count towards the state point system. So  Dr. Krop  Miami and Sebastian River don't get your hopes up !!!

lol unfortunately making up the Krop game might cost you home field in round 3 

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

maybe losing was best thing for you haha.  The defense got shredded in that game and gave poor effort.  I watched it.  Did you intentionally try to lose?  no but your defense quit?  yes

teams learn more from a loss then a win and that loss ensured we traveled in playoffs instead of play in front of a crowd who has no energy in home games so maybe it did help in long run

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

teams learn more from a loss then a win and that loss ensured we traveled in playoffs instead of play in front of a crowd who has no energy in home games so maybe it did help in long run

been trying to tell you a loss can be beneficial if you learn from it.  Not always a bad thing

Just now, badbird said:

been trying to tell you a loss can be beneficial if you learn from it.  Not always a bad thing

I get that but that not the same as losing on purpose, even though the loss probably helps us in long run I'm certain we didn't want to just lose to lee and we didn't want to lose to Madison 

I'm not sure I buy into the cupcake walk into the playoffs. Goal 1 win your district then you are in. Win enough games after that and try to be the number 1 seed. Host playoff games and avoid travel.

it's a bad idea but teams are going to make it this year doing that and take away from a more deserving team.  Those teams won't go far because they suck.  This is why we no longer have districts in 1-4A because those teams bitch and complain about being in a district with a real team.

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I get that but that not the same as losing on purpose, even though the loss probably helps us in long run I'm certain we didn't want to just lose to lee and we didn't want to lose to Madison 

I know you didn't want to lose to them.   However if your QB was 50-50 for the Bolles game would you want to play him and risk more injury?

14 minutes ago, roygod said:

41 regular season winning streak!!! And no championship anywhere in that still mind boggles me lol