Cocoa vs Rockledge update?

Trelle

One ref through 18 flags against Cocoa and called a 75 yard TD back for holding, It was an Iffy call. Also Cocoa fumbled on the one-yard line, the ref said that he wasn't down but clearly his knee was down before the ball came out and called a safety. Rockledge fumbled on the 2 yard line and Cocoa ran it back 98 yards for a TD. Rockledge then took the ball in for a Score for a tie at 7 - 7. Cocoa drove to the Rock 46 and went for it on 4th and 3 but was stopped short. Corbin threw a prefect pass for 40 yards and put Rockledge on around the 5. Cocoa tackled the RB's for a loss. Rockledge tried for an 18 yard FG but missed. It went in OT where both scored TD's then Cocoa kicked a FG and Rockledge run it in for a TD. 

Rockledge did come to play and it was a good defensive game for both sides.

Again, Rockledge came to play. It was a great rivalry game

26 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

.One ref through 18 flags against Cocoa and call the TD back for holding that was an Iffy call then we fumbled on the one-yard line the ref said that he wasn't down but clearly his knee was down before the ball came out and called a safety.

Rockledge did come to play and it was a good game type defenses both sides.

Rockledge came to play. It was a great rivalry game

I told you Cocoa guys they would give you a game. So much talent with Corbin, Mitchell. Tennison, and Greene. Coaching was the only clear advantage Cocoa had and when rivalry is in play effort and talent can over-come coaching deficiencies. 

1 hour ago, Bamarod said:

I told you Cocoa guys they would give you a game. So much talent with Corbin, Mitchell. Tennison, and Greene. Coaching was the only clear advantage Cocoa had and when rivalry is in play effort and talent can over-come coaching deficiencies. 

I was disappointed Wilks only threw 2 passes. When Hawkins went out I had a feeling Rockledge had the edge.

Good luck in the playoffs. 5A is going to test Corbin. I see why you like him at QB, he brings in a whole new level of play with his running abilities.

2 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I was disappointed Wilks only threw 2 passes. When Hawkins went out I had a feeling Rockledge had the edge.

Good luck in the playoffs. 5A is going to test Corbin. I see why you like him at QB, he brings in a whole new level of play with his running abilities.

Not a Rockledge guy really, Viera fan. I coached with and against Mitchell, Tennison and Corbin in youth football. We at Viera won county twice(once with Corbin) and back then these 3 were just so much more talented then anyone else in the county. It is rare but they continued to dominate even as they grew to maturity. Lots of kids mature early and everyone else catches up in high school. All 3 continue to dominate in high school.

Again you have to give Younger and staff credit(I hear he finally listened to staff), and put the ball in Corbin's hands every play. I knew he would break off a long run at least once during game!

Also need to shout out to Rockledge defense, shutting that Cocoa offense down is a monster task. Both teams should have tremendous success in play-offs. Brevard will be cheering you both on.

2 minutes ago, Kowboys4Life said:

We played Rockledge earlier this year, I said in a post there that they were very talented and athletic...#3 gave us hell from his LB spot and #5 and #6 were game breakers.... good win for the Rock, they will be a tough out in 5A

#3 I believe is Tennison and only a junior. Not looking forward to playing him next year. Like against Viera pretty sure they had Latham at QB facing Osceola. Switched  #6 Corbin to full-time QB later in season.Think we both got lucky this move didn't happen in  summer so Corbin and rest of team could of gained max. reps in execution. Think as they move further in playoffs they can be unstoppable in 5A.

2 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

#3 I believe is Tennison and only a junior. Not looking forward to playing him next year. Like against Viera pretty sure they had Latham at QB facing Osceola. Switched  #6 Corbin to full-time QB later in season.Think we both got lucky this move didn't happen in  summer so Corbin and rest of team could of gained max. reps in execution. Think as they move further in playoffs they can be unstoppable in 5A.

They moved Corbin to QB late in the game against us....ran read option with him, scored then went away from it.

CatScratch, You saw a better game than I did, Viera 35-6 over Heritage.  Thought it weird that Wilks cut off the passing game in 4th qt. completely in Viera game. But it paid off in the end so thought he knew best. Just I'm never one to limit ones balance with pass and/or run.

Two passes entire game against Rockledge?  Again you guys completed several mid-range passes against Viera so strange not to attempt more against a defense loading up to stop Hawkins. And it sounds like Hawkins was injured, did he not finish game?

4 minutes ago, Kowboys4Life said:

They moved Corbin to QB late in the game against us....ran read option with him, scored then went away from it.

Yeah, same against us, but Latham was the least talented skill guy in backfield and they were letting him make decisions with RPOs that he was naturally keeping and getting stone-walled. I LOL a couple times with #3,5,6 in backfield Latham kept ball for no gains. Possibly more talent in backfield than anyone in state and not using it. Shaking my head...

1 hour ago, Bamarod said:

Ahp or gibbons @ rockledge Something I would love to see ...matter a fact this is the same school that stopped us (Dillard girls b-ball) from winning 6 state championships in a row!!! & coincidentally that game was at rockledge to lol 

Ok I have to eat a little crow Rockledge came to play.  The duo of Corbin and Tennison was definitely was a difference maker along with the side line Ref on Rockledge side (must of thrown his flag 11-15 times).  I have never seen anything like it.  I guarantee you anyone that does any research, that gentleman is a Rockledge Homer or Cocoa hater.  It was pathetic!!!!   Maybe 2 calls against Rockledge cant count Cocoa's(always while they start taking control).  I have been following Cocoa for years and a Coach Wilkerson team is one that is built to limit penalties and play clean.   I was there last night and it was just horrendous.  I guarantee that film will be reviewed by FHSAA!  Cocoa was definitely in a dog fight but clearly looked like the more dominant team you cant play a good team with their twelfth man as an official.  Take away those stupid calls, Cocoa wins handily!  The pennalties always came when Cocoa had momentum and driving the ball down Rockledge's throat!  The more I type the more I want to spit nails!!

By the way Cocoa has played in a lot of different cities through out the years and I swear they have never had as many Homer calls as they did last night.  I would love to see the HUDL film on it.  Only thing worse than the .... that happened on the field last night is if my CANES take one like it.

On 11/4/2017 at 12:33 AM, Bamarod said:

Hardly. The path to a state championship in 5A is very difficult. Lots of quality teams Rockledge would have to get by. Not saying they don't have a shot. Just saying it is going to be very, very difficult. 

Congrats to the Raiders on a well played and well coached game!   No one, even me thought they would pull it off.  I was just hoping that the Raiders would stay close and make it respectable.   Bad calls happen in every football game.  If you want to win bad enough, you make enough plays to overcome the bad calls.  Don't make excuses Tigers.  You got beat by the better team last Friday night. You are still in the playoffs.  Nothing to be crying about.

On any given Friday night, David can beat Goliath...

On 11/4/2017 at 12:41 AM, Bamarod said:

CatScratch, You saw a better game than I did, Viera 35-6 over Heritage.  Thought it weird that Wilks cut off the passing game in 4th qt. completely in Viera game. But it paid off in the end so thought he knew best. Just I'm never one to limit ones balance with pass and/or run.

Two passes entire game against Rockledge?  Again you guys completed several mid-range passes against Viera so strange not to attempt more against a defense loading up to stop Hawkins. And it sounds like Hawkins was injured, did he not finish game?

#12 is a liability at QB for Cocoa.  Whenever he was in and he had to run the ball it was deer in the headlights.  They should just keep the other kid in at QB, he is more dangerous with Cocoa's run oriented attack.

There were times when the Rockledge fans were hoping #12 would go back into the game.

45 minutes ago, LemmyKilmisterRIP2015 said:

Congrats to the Raiders on a well played and well coached game!   No one, even me thought they would pull it off.  I was just hoping that the Raiders would stay close and make it respectable.   Bad calls happen in every football game.  If you want to win bad enough, you make enough plays to overcome the bad calls.  Don't make excuses Tigers.  You got beat by the better team last Friday night. You are still in the playoffs.  Nothing to be crying about.

On any given Friday night, David can beat Goliath...

The flags were so bad in fact that Wilks started calling plays to his side of the field only. Notice that the white hat starting nullifying the Rockledge sideline Refs flags after Wilks had a talk to the Head Ref? The one play in the second OT to the Rockledge sideline was flagged by the Rockledge Ref for holding. That was officially his 18th flag against Cocoa of which several were waved after a conference of 3 or more refs. 

Of course Rockledge was the better team Friday night, they had the 12th man on the field wearing a stripe shirt.

I say this as a Rockledge grad, and a Rockledge athelte. So you tell your story, but tell it right. 

Also, that same Ref did throw one flag against Rockledge, about 3 seconds after the head ref threw his.

I feel bad for Cocoa, but at the same time good for Rockledge. I like having the Trophy in our showcase. It's been a very long time. LOL. I also see Rockledge getting better in the future. 

Watch out Palm Bay, Merritt Island, Cocoa, Melbourne and Viera. Wayne Younger wants to make a name for himself and Rockledge.

1 minute ago, Cat_Scratch said:

The flags were so bad in fact that Wilks started calling plays to his side of the field only. Notice that the white hat starting nullifying the Rockledge sideline Refs flags after Wilks had a talk to the Head Ref? The one play in the second OT to the Rockledge sideline was flagged by the Rockledge Ref for holding. That was officially his 18th flag against Cocoa of which several were waved after a conference of 3 or more refs. 

Of course Rockledge was the better team Friday night, they had the 12th man on the field wearing a stripe shirt.

I say this as a Rockledge grad, and a Rockledge athelte. So you tell your story, but tell it right. 

Also, that same Ref did throw one flag against Rockledge, about 3 seconds after the head ref threw his.

I feel bad for Cocoa, but at the same time good for Rockledge. I like having the Trophy in our showcase. It's been a very long time. LOL. I also see Rockledge getting better in the future. 

Watch out Palm Bay, Merritt Island, Cocoa, Melbourne and Viera. Wayne Younger wants to make a name for himself and Rockledge.

No, I didn't notice.  I guess I didn't have your point of view.  Still sounds like you are crying to me.

You know, I want to touch back on the Cocoa vs Pahokee game. I wonder if it was the same Ref throwing the flags on Pahokee. The flags came mostly from one Red and also from that side of the field. If so, they need to fire that ref. Some flags were obvious in that game but also some were questionable as noted by the boos coming from the Pahokee fans.