Point system opinions based on final release

badbird

1A Region 1

1. Baker 2. Holmes County 3. Chipley 4. Jay 

A case could be made for Vernon at 4 but they are 4-6 so I am fine with Jay getting in even though they have no good wins.  Interesting note here Holmes beat Chipley 40-14 in week 11.  Did Chipley rest players or is Holmes County that much better?  We will see week 1.

1A Region 2

1. Blounstown 2. Cottondale 3. Port St Joe 4. Jefferson County

Port St Joe should be 2 and Cottondale 3 but whatever.  The right 4 are in.

1A Region 3

1. Madison County 2. Dixie County 3. Layfette 4. Union County

The right 4 are in and big matchup round 2 vs Madison and Dixie County.  

1A Region 4

1. Pahokee 2. Wildwood 3. Frostproof 4. Williston

A case could be made for Crescent City 8-2 over Wildwood.  Both Crescenty City and Wildwood had similar results vs common opponents but Crescenty City played a harder schedule and lost two games.  Wildwood is a great story but they probably should be a 4 seed at best.

2A Region 1

1. University 2. NFC 3. St John Paul 4. Famu

Right 4 are in.  Round 1 will be two blowouts.

2A Region 2

1. Victory 2. St Francis 3. Seven Rivers 4. Zepherhills

Could make a case for Foundation Academy at 7-3.  St Francis had a weak schedule and probably should be 4 if in at all.  

2A Region 3

1. Cambridge 2. Indian Rocks 3. Admiral Farragut 4. Southwest Florida

Big drop off from #3 to #4.  A lot of teams could have been 4 but all bad teams.  Cambridge beat Admiral Farragut by 3 and Admiral Farragut beat Indian Rocks by 5.  Admiral Farragut was 4-6 and played a tough schedule so they end up 3.  I'm ok with that.

2A Region 4

1. Moore haven 2. Champagnat 3. St John Nuemann 4. Glades day

Could make a case for 5-2 Community School but they lost to Nuemann and Moore Haven.  It appears they had 3 games canceled.  Right 4 in. Champagnat will destroy the other 3.

Only one I could think of down here was the 8A Region 4 8 seed. Braddock finished with a better record than Homestead, but Homestead is in a better district and they beat Braddock at the start of the season. So no real beef, just throwing thoughts out there.

3A Region 1

1. Taylor County 2. Fort White 3. Florida high 4. Newberry

Newberry is 3-6.   Maybe Baldwin 5-5 should have got in.

3A Region 2

1. First Academy 2. Oxbridge 3. Kings Academy 4. MCC

Right 4 in.  Oxbridge should be 1 but Oxbridge and MCC don't play each other round 1 so i'm ok with it.

3A Region 3

1. CCC 2. Lakeland Christian 3. Calvary Christian 4. Tampa Catholic

Could make a case for Bekley Prep at 5-4 or Trinity Catholic at 6-3 to get in but then who do you take out.

3A Region 4

1. Chaminade 2. Benjamin 3. Everglades 4. American heritage

Right 4 probably in.  Everglades prep has played some good teams but got killed by all them.  Doesn't really matter because Chaminade will destroy all 3.

4A Region 1

1. Raines 2. West nassau 3. Marianna 4. North bay haven

North Bay Haven should not be in.  There reward losing by 55 to Raines.  Maybe Fernandina Beach at 5-5 and it would be less travel to go lose to Raines by 52. :D

4A Region 2

1. Bradford 2. Dunellon 3. Trenton 4. Keystone Heights

keystone Heights 4-5 should not be in.  Villages 5-5 beat Keystone Heights. Mt Dora 5-4 should also be in over Keystone.

4A Region 3

1. Cocoa 2. Avon Park 3. LHP 4. Lake Placid

Lake Placid 3-4 shouldn't be in but neither should any other team that is not in.  Enjoy the running clock in the first quarter or just forfeit and let Cocoa stew on that Rockledge loss for 2 weeks.

4A Region 4

1. University 2. Mosignor Pace 3. Key West 4. Glades Central 

and here is where the system failed.  Bye bye Booker T Washington. Gulliver Prep 6-3 could make a case also.  I know BTW didn't win enough games but if they were in a district they would have.  Also Pahokee was a hail mary and a 40 yd FG away from being eliminated and they are a State Favorite in 1A but they could have easily been eliminated and watching at home during the playoffs.   

55 minutes ago, badbird said:

4A Region 1

1. Raines 2. West nassau 3. Marianna 4. North bay haven

North Bay Haven should not be in.  There reward losing by 55 to Raines.  Maybe Fernandina Beach at 5-5 and it would be less travel to go lose to Raines by 52. :D

4A Region 2

1. Bradford 2. Dunellon 3. Trenton 4. Keystone Heights

keystone Heights 4-5 should not be in.  Villages 5-5 beat Keystone Heights. Mt Dora 5-4 should also be in over Keystone.

4A Region 3

1. Cocoa 2. Avon Park 3. LHP 4. Lake Placid

Lake Placid 3-4 shouldn't be in but neither should any other team that is not in.  Enjoy the running clock in the first quarter or just forfeit and let Cocoa stew on that Rockledge loss for 2 weeks.

4A Region 4

1. University 2. Mosignor Pace 3. Key West 4. Glades Central 

and here is where the system failed.  Bye bye Booker T Washington. Gulliver Prep 6-3 could make a case also.  I know BTW didn't win enough games but if they were in a district they would have.  Also Pahokee was a hail mary and a 40 yd FG away from being eliminated and they are a State Favorite in 1A but they could have easily been eliminated and watching at home during the playoffs.   

I get BTW being out is bad but can you really make the case that those 4 don't deserve to be there?

3 minutes ago, badbird said:

over BTW yes

and if I saw the numbers right had they rescheduled Miami southridge and won (could have won considering southridge has struggled against 2 teams similar in talent to BTW in cardinal gibbons and carol city)

and won just 1 of those playoff teams they lost to they would have had enough points to make it as a 4th seed

so basically if they went 6-4 instead of 4-5 they would have made it

Just now, badbird said:

since they are in the same region you have to compare them to BTW.  .  Here is an idea lets put BTW in North Bay Havens spot and let them travel to Raines week 1.

lol well I'm sure BTW would take that question is are we just doing this for BTW or we doing it for everyone and what if some teams out there wont be willing to do a similar travel, how would the fhsaa force them to do so?

will fhsaa pay teams to make these long travels?

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

lol well I'm sure BTW would take that question is are we just doing this for BTW or we doing it for everyone and what if some teams out there wont be willing to do a similar travel, how would the fhsaa force them to do so?

will fhsaa pay teams to make these long travels?

I was being sarcastic.  It wouldn't work

If Pahokee went 5-4 lost to Vero 8A state contender, Cocoa 4A state contender, Seminole Ridge 8A playoffs and Glades Central 4A playoffs do you think they should be out?  Now we are going to get really good small schools not want to play the really good large schools.  If Madison County lost to Wakulla, Columbia, Dunnelon and Rickards do you think they should be out?

1 hour ago, badbird said:

3A Region 1

1. Taylor County 2. Fort White 3. Florida high 4. Newberry

Newberry is 3-6.   Maybe Baldwin 5-5 should have got in.

3A Region 2

1. First Academy 2. Oxbridge 3. Kings Academy 4. MCC

Right 4 in.  Oxbridge should be 1 but Oxbridge and MCC don't play each other round 1 so i'm ok with it.

3A Region 3

1. CCC 2. Lakeland Christian 3. Calvary Christian 4. Tampa Catholic

Could make a case for Bekley Prep at 5-4 or Trinity Catholic at 6-3 to get in but then who do you take out.

3A Region 4

1. Chaminade 2. Benjamin 3. Everglades 4. American heritage

Right 4 probably in.  Everglades prep has played some good teams but got killed by all them.  Doesn't really matter because Chaminade will destroy all 3.

what would fix 3a is having trinity catholic in region 1 where they should be 

Just now, badbird said:

If Pahokee went 5-4 lost to Vero 8A state contender, Cocoa 4A state contender, Seminole Ridge 8A playoffs and Glades Central 4A playoffs do you think they should be out?  Now we are going to get really good small schools not want to play the really good large schools.  If Madison County lost to Wakulla, Columbia, Dunnelon and Rickards do you think they should be out?

hey I'm not saying BTW being out is a good thing I'm just saying who of those 4 didn't earn a playoff spot

sure BTW is talented but can you honestly tell me those 4 don't deserve it

let say hypothetically BTW was in playoffs in a different region

would those 4 being in be 4 teams deserving of it?