Point system opinions based on final release

badbird

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

hey I'm not saying BTW being out is a good thing I'm just saying who of those 4 didn't earn a playoff spot

sure BTW is talented but can you honestly tell me those 4 don't deserve it

let say hypothetically BTW was in playoffs in a different region

would those 4 being in be 4 teams deserving of it?

yeah but that is not what it is.  So lets stop making hypothetical situations

13 minutes ago, badbird said:

who should be in over them?

Franklin is 6-4 but a weak schedule Jeffco played a tougher schedule but has only 1 quality win against John Paul who hasn't played anybody.  But the argument I kept heading was this whole thing was to stop team's with losing records from getting in. I personally think Franklin would beat Jeffco.  Also a pretty reliable source told me this morning that Jeffco may forfeit against blountstown.

2 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

Franklin is 6-4 but a weak schedule Jeffco played a tougher schedule but has only 1 quality win against John Paul who hasn't played anybody.  But the argument I kept heading was this whole thing was to stop team's with losing records from getting in. I personally think Franklin would beat Jeffco.  Also a pretty reliable source told me this morning that Jeffco may forfeit against blountstown.

If they forfiet a playoff game they can get a postseason ban and fined if i remember correctly 

The new playoff system worked in 6A-4. Never before has a 4th place district member had a chance to be a state champion. Miami Norland, from an ungodly powerful district, makes the final eight in an region of many weak members. No one can argue they should be bumped from the playoffs by a more deserving Regional 4 team. The new system (IMO) worked here.... 

45 minutes ago, badbird said:

If Pahokee went 5-4 lost to Vero 8A state contender, Cocoa 4A state contender, Seminole Ridge 8A playoffs and Glades Central 4A playoffs do you think they should be out?  Now we are going to get really good small schools not want to play the really good large schools.  If Madison County lost to Wakulla, Columbia, Dunnelon and Rickards do you think they should be out?

Theres no do you think.. You either in or out by the points. Now our opinion, there probably should never be a situation where a 1A team be out of the playoff with schedules like Madison or Pahokee.

Wildwood shows you do not have to play a tough schedule to be in. They got zero bonus points. And played only 2 teams .500 or over. 

5 minutes ago, Cocoa2010 said:

I wonder if any of the people that are crying about teams making the playoff by beating teams not in their division are the same people crying about BTW not making the playoffs; even though BTW didnt play a single 4A team.

Cocoa2010 I have no team in the hunt.  I use to coach and right now I  enjoy going to games and spending time watching my 4 boys grow up.   I won't lose one ounce of sleep knowing BTW is not in the playoffs. I just want what is right for the kids and the best system.  If Cocoa lost to Viera (OT), Bartram Trail (not close but they are a good team in 7A and #1 seed), Trinity Christian (close) and Rockledge and you were at home watching Cocoa Beach get in how would you feel?

2 minutes ago, blackmagic said:

Theres no do you think.. You either in or out by the points. Now our opinion, there probably should never be a situation where a 1A team be out of the playoff with schedules like Madison or Pahokee.

Wildwood shows you do not have to play a tough schedule to be in. They got zero bonus points. And played only 2 teams .500 or over. 

So that means we have a system that has some major flaws if everyone feels a team is one of the best teams in their class and they are not in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

Cocoa2010 I have no team in the hunt.  I use to coach and right now I  enjoy going to games and spending time watching my 4 boys grow up.   I won't lose one ounce of sleep knowing BTW is not in the playoffs. I just want what is right for the kids and the best system.  If Cocoa lost to Viera (OT), Bartram Trail (not close but they are a good team in 7A and #1 seed), Trinity Christian (close) and Rockledge and you were at home watching Cocoa Beach get in how would you feel?

1. Never singled you out at all.

2. If they did lose all those games they would probably still make it in.

3. And even if they didn't I wouldn't be crying over not making it, I would be upset they lost all those games not mad at the system.

10 minutes ago, Cocoa2010 said:

I wonder if any of the people that are crying about teams making the playoff by beating teams not in their division are the same people crying about BTW not making the playoffs; even though BTW didnt play a single 4A team.

But BTW scheduled teams universally considered tougher (which happens to be above the 4a class). I think the smart complaints aren't so much about playing in or out of ones division, but playing tough opponents.

BTW played a brutal out of division schedule. And the system hammered them for it.

Just now, Cocoa2010 said:

1. Never singled you out at all

2. If they did lose all those games they would probably still make it in

3. And even if they didn't I wouldnt be crying over not making it, I would be upset they lost all those games

1. I know but I have been one of the biggest supporters of BTW getting shafted.  Not that I really support them I really could care less if they win another game ever lol

2. Maybe in that region but not in some.  The 4th team is so so so so so so so so bad.

3. Well you might not be crying but 95% of Cocoa fans would be.

Just now, ExplorerHomer said:

But BTW scheduled teams universally considered tougher (which happens to be above the 4a class). I think the smart complaints aren't so much about playing in or out of ones division, but playing tough opponents.

BTW played a brutal out of division schedule. And the system hammered them for it.

And they built that schedule full well knowing the game. They could have easily built in their "old district" to secure their playoff spot but chose not to.

1 minute ago, ExplorerHomer said:

unfortunately they have no districts and not many teams will willingly play them.  

Just now, badbird said:

1. I know but I have been one of the biggest supporters of BTW getting shafted.  Not that I really support them I really could care less if they win another game ever lol

2. Maybe in that region but not in some.  The 4th team is so so so so so so so so bad.

3. Well you might not be crying but 95% of Cocoa fans would be.

1. They shafted themselves, dont blame the system.

2. It doesnt matter in any other region except the one Cocoa is in

3. 95% of any fan base is dumb