5A-8A

badbird

5A Region 1 

Could make a case for Bishop Kenny 7-3

5A Region 2

Riverview 6-4 is out and Nature Coast is in off a weak schedule.

5A Region 3

Booker in at 3-7.  SMH  Southeast forfeiting allowed that to happen.

5A region 4

Westwood a champ in a real bad district gets the 4 seed.  Jones vs Cardinal Gibbons round 1.  probably the 2nd and 3rd best team 

6A Region 1 

Pine Forest 4-5 in the playoffs.

6A Region 2

Mitchell shouldn't be a 2 seed.

6A Region 3

Charlotte district runner up out and Port Charlotte 3rd in district in.  Close game between the two and Port Charlotte has better record.

6A region 4

they got this one 100% correct

7A Region 1 

bucholz 5-5 in.  Chiles 6-4 and Fletcher 7-3 out.  Fletcher should be in.

7A Region 2

Winter haven over runner up Kathleen.  Both would beat East River who made it with a weak schedule at 9-1 with a forfeit.

7A Region 3

Durant 6-4 not in.  South Fort Myers wins a bad 3 team district and probably not deserving.

7A region 4

South miami and Mater Academy are real questionable.  

8A Region 1 

West Orange district runner up 6-4 deserved to be in.  

8A Region 2

Gateway with a weak schedule gets a 6 seed because Harmony and George Jenkins both ended as category two wins for them but both of those teams are bad and also had a weak schedule.  If Harmony and George Jenkins both go 5-5 Gateway is not in the playoffs.

8A Region 3

Looks good other than Palm Beach Central as a 2 seed.  Probably should be 4.

8A region 4

looks good

5 minutes ago, badbird said:

7A Region 1 

bucholz 5-5 in.  Chiles 6-4 and Fletcher 6-4 out.  Both could make a case for.

7A Region 2

Winter haven over runner up Kathleen.  Both would beat East River who made it with a weak schedule at 9-1 with a forfeit.

7A Region 3

Durant 6-4 not in.  South Fort Myers wins a bad 3 team district and probably not deserving.

7A region 4

Who 4th Team Fletcher lost to? 

They lost to Bishop Kenny, Columbia and Lee i don't remember a 4th loss 

22 minutes ago, badbird said:

7A Region 1 

bucholz 5-5 in.  Chiles 6-4 and Fletcher 6-4 out.  Both could make a case for.

7A Region 2

7A Region 3

7A region 4

That South Fort Myers ( or any team from the district 12 ) will get a running clock put on them by Braden River. This is the same style matchup of BR district 11 vs South Fort Myers district 12 that has happened for years.

Venice blasted South Fort Myers last year 56-0

Braden River traveled to Gulf Coast the district winner and had put the running clock on fast forward. Gulf coast scored 21 in the 4th to make it respectable somewhat. Final BR 37-21

Much more deserving teams out there that got bumped due to this district winner. Total points 33.14. Has to be the lowest point total to get in.

57 minutes ago, 941football said:

That South Fort Myers ( or any team from the district 12 ) will get a running clock put on them by Braden River. This is the same style matchup of BR district 11 vs South Fort Myers district 12 that has happened for years.

Venice blasted South Fort Myers last year 56-0

Braden River traveled to Gulf Coast the district winner and had put the running clock on fast forward. Gulf coast scored 21 in the 4th to make it respectable somewhat. Final BR 37-21

Much more deserving teams out there that got bumped due to this district winner. Total points 33.14. Has to be the lowest point total to get in.

three team districts suck

Just now, TRAJAN01 said:

Hey ColumbiaHighFan, what's your take on Ribault?  I honestly don't know much about them but I kind of think Wakulla has a chance to beat them Friday night.  What do you think?  Have you watched Ribault?

I haven't watched them on film but they held Lee to 6 points so they appear to have a solid defense 

How good is Wakulla defense and offense? 

23 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I haven't watched them on film but they held Lee to 6 points so they appear to have a solid defense 

they also have played really bad since.  Beat a sub par Suwanee team by 7 and a bad Yulee team by 18 and lost to Raines by 35.  I would say Wakulla is a slight favorite.

13 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I will say Wakulla has improved each week.  They lost to Madison in week 1 28-27 after leading 27-6 with about 9 minutes left in the game.  I still don't know how they managed to do that....

They lost to Godby 21 - 6 but missed on some scoring opportunities.  Godby is pretty good.  Really shocked they lost to Lincoln the other night. 

Wakulla is very young.  Coach Klees said in an interview the other night that they are starting 10 sophomores and freshmen.  They have just about everyone coming back next year.  The QB, Jaylon Worsham is a soph.  This kid just continues to get better each game.  He has a chance to be special.  They have several good RB's and a strong running game.  They spread the ball around to all of them....but Jaylon is the key to the offense.  He's dangerous running and throwing.

The defense has been very good this year.  They're very athletic and have two fast LB's in junior Jazonte Hicks and sophomore Keyshawn Greene(6'3" 210).  Keyshawn is being compared to former Wakulla War Eagle and current Philadelphia Eagle Nigel Bradham. 

I think we can make some noise this year but next year we should have our best team since the state runnerup team from 2015...which had Feleipe Franks and Keith Gavin.

Ribault was a mystery to me....I saw where they beat Lee which is very impressive...but then seemed to struggle with Suwannee and Yulee late in the year.  I'll be making the drive to Jacksonville Friday night.  Hopefully it turns out well for us.