How did Lakeland jump Viera to get #1 seed?

Bamarod

Lakeland schedule is a joke. Best win , if you call it that cause there really isn't one, a down Apopka team they beat by 7 at home. Nothing really sticks out in a very mediocre schedule. Beat a 4-6 Kathleen team 10-3? Ok what gives? We went to DC and beat Gonzaga 21-6. Running clock wins against Martin County,Heritage, Palm Bay. Beat Rockledge in first game of year 13-6. Did we get punished by new format for losing at Cocoa in 2OT? 

Just studying bracket much easier path in top half. Second round game against Lake Nona instead of Plant, followed by obvious home field game in possible Viera vs. Lakeland match-up. Viera earned the home-field advantage by scheduling tough, seems they are another casualty to new system.

1 minute ago, Bamarod said:

Lakeland schedule is a joke. Best win , if you call it that cause there really isn't one, a down Apopka team they beat by 7 at home. Nothing really sticks out in a very mediocre schedule. Beat a 4-6 Kathleen team 10-3? Ok what gives? We went to DC and beat Gonzaga 21-6. Running clock wins against Martin County,Heritage, Palm Bay. Beat Rockledge in first game of year 13-6. Did we get punished by new format for losing at Cocoa in 2OT? 

Just studying bracket much easier path in top half. Second round game against Lake Nona instead of Plant, followed by obvious home field game in possible Viera vs. Lakeland match-up. Viera earned the home-field advantage by scheduling tough, seems they are another casualty to new system.

I think it might have something to do with not getting bonus points for playing Gonzaga 

I could be wrong but I think you only get bonus points for playing florida playoff teams

but it don't matter, if Viera is best in 7a like you been saying you all wont have trouble beating Lakeland on the road, didn't you all do that 2 years ago?

5 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

Scheduling weak is what will give u the most points scheduling tough does nothing if u lose and hardly anything if u win

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I think it might have something to do with not getting bonus points for playing Gonzaga 

I could be wrong but I think you only get bonus points for playing florida playoff teams

but it don't matter, if Viera is best in 7a like you been saying you all wont have trouble beating Lakeland on the road, didn't you all do that 2 years ago?

Yeah but not the point. Viera would love to host that round. Most of you have hosted a dozen of these type games, Viera hasn't and is new to this experience. Would be great for the community to host. Seems Viera isn't getting a fair shake considering they are willing to play anywhere?

1 minute ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Scheduling weak is what will give u the most points scheduling tough does nothing if u lose and hardly anything if u win

actually you get more points for beating good teams but the problem is beating bad teams gets more points then losing to good ones

I think they fix that in off season though

1 minute ago, Bamarod said:

Yeah but not the point. Viera would love to host that round. Most of you have hosted a dozen of these type games, Viera hasn't and is new to this experience. Would be great for the community to host. Seems Viera isn't getting a fair shake considering they are willing to play anywhere?

ok I get that but I'm sure Viera fans would care more about making 4th round then wether or not they host the 3rd round game since considering how close they got 2 years ago I'm sure they just want to get back to states

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

ok I get that but I'm sure Viera fans would care more about making 4th round then wether or not they host the 3rd round game since considering how close they got 2 years ago I'm sure they just want to get back to states

but on plus side you all would host round 4 bc your all's points is more then anyone in region 1 if I saw correctly  

12 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

First, if Viera is to win states, they will get the job done regardless. Second, Apopka is not as down as you may think. Third, Martin County, Heritage and Palm Bay are not murder's row. In fact, Kathleen would probably give each all they could handle. Fourth, you earn bonus points when setting your schedule if you scheduled teams that made the playoffs in either of the preceding two years. You may want to look at the effect of scheduling points earned by each team. 

A loss  is always going to hurt you as losing to a category 1 team only earns 30 base points while a win, regardless of category, will get you more, for example, a category 4 win still earns, I believe 35 points. So, yes, in that sense the loss to Cocoa hurt you a bit. Lakeland, being undefeated, has no such anchor. 

The biggest problem I have with the new system is its complexity. Complex systems tend to lack transparency. I am now of the opinion that we could have made much easier fixes to the old system that would have improved things. 

1 minute ago, badbird said:

If you would have rescheduled the Osceola game and beat them you would be #1.  Good luck beating Plant and Lakeland back to back.  If you do you deserve the home game round 4.

I just checked

no matter who wins region 1 Viera (as long as they get to round 4) would host any team

1 minute ago, badbird said:

If you would have rescheduled the Osceola game and beat them you would be #1.  Good luck beating Plant and Lakeland back to back.  If you do you deserve the home game round 4.

A strategic mind is a heck of an advantage when navigating the new system. There you have it. Of course, if Osceola had beaten them, it would not have solved Viera's predicament. 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

A strategic mind is a heck of an advantage when navigating the new system. There you have it. Of course, if Osceola had beaten them, it would not have solved Viera's predicament. 

probably would travel to Plant then Lakeland.  Maybe they could have just stayed over there and rented some rooms.

1 minute ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

If true, the powers who control this need to fix it by next year. New home and home with .Ft  Dorchester,  a S Carolina power, should get double points just like Allen, Tx and Gonzaga DC. 

13 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

but on plus side you all would host round 4 bc your all's points is more then anyone in region 1 if I saw correctly  

Cool, if true. Still would like an explanation of why they jumped us. We were ahead until two weeks ago during bye week. Guess not beating BYE is a downfall.LOL

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Bottom line is: Viera is in the playoffs and should focus on winning. If the team and their coaches agonize over their seeding, they will probably lose in the playoffs as they would be majoring in their minor and minoring in their major. 

maybe we get round 2 of the lake city good guys :)

would be ironic for us to win this time considering last time we were overwhelming favorites now 2 years later it appears we have switched the situation around