Coaching changes

DB4

2 hours ago, dawgs said:

tough to win there with former apopka admin and ad. I would think expectations are real high, but they didn't get west orange best kids, nor will they.  3classes, no,seniors and they are 7a, in a growing like a weed area.  Will surpass capacity in 2 to 3 years.

Coaching in those fast growing areas has to be tough.  It really makes the teams that are consistently dominate that much more impressive.

21 hours ago, DB4 said:

I figured they would struggle this season, but as a head coach, if you take that job, it's definitely more than a one-year project. Unless something else amazing comes along for that coach. Idk the situation, just thinking out loud.

the stink of it all, in my eyes is read the fhsaa post!

no teaching jobs til next fall and no PE.  so who is going to take that and be a lay coach all spring and not have a real chance in the school to build a rapport with faculty or kids at least til next fall.  thats a tough job.  i dont envy the guy who takes over

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Short lived at Jackson,  but BOL to Bernice going forward.....Jackson won pretty much all games they were expected to.  I hope this agreement was mutual as it is not like it was a horrible season for Jackson....  They did lose by two to a decent Stranahan team and the rest of their losses are Northwestern, AHP, Cardinal Gibbons, and South Dade. 

What was expected of Jackson this year?

4 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Short lived at Jackson,  but BOL to Bernice going forward.....Jackson won pretty much all games they were expected to.  I hope this agreement was mutual as it is not like it was a horrible season for Jackson....  They did lose by two to a decent Stranahan team and the rest of their losses are Northwestern, AHP, Cardinal Gibbons, and South Dade. 

Like you said, I hope she was not forced out, as I feel, based on performance, she deserved at least another year. 

3 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

This is probably a case of Miami Jackson having too high expectations of their level but honestly i think this was put in motion last year with the second half collapse but they knew they would be criticized if they fired her after only 1 year so probably decided to hold off but i don't think they lost any games they weren't expected to

Idk if she becomes a head coach immediately but coordinator is a possibility and then she can work her way up and get another job down the line